Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did God Chose you or did you chose God

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
do you have a choice the the matter

this is a controversial subject

• There is nothing you will ever do that will make God love you more than he does right now.
  • There is nothing you will ever do that will make God love you less than he does right now.
God’s love is unconditional. It's not based on what you do or don't do.

do you have a choice the the matter

this is a controversial subject

If any call upon God in Christ to save them and did not perceive it was God who drew them in to do so, is that a cause to damn them?

???

Prolly not in my eyes. Many think so though don't they?

s

• "You have not chosen Me, but I HAVE CHOSEN YOU" (John 15:16).

• "No one is able to come to Me UNLESS the Father Who sent Me DRAWS HIM to come to Me." (John 6:44)

• "According as HE HAS CHOSEN US in Christ before the foundation of the world" (Ephesians 1:4)

• "There is none that understands, there is NONE THAT SEEKS after God." (Romans 3:10,11)

• "For by grace are you saved through faith, and that NOT OF YOURSELVES; it is the Gift of God." (Ephesians 2:8-9).

• "For God has shut up all in unbelief so that He may show mercy to all." (Romans 11:32)

• "NO MAN can say Jesus is Lord, BUT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT." (1 Corinthians 12:3)

• "It is NOT of him that WILLS or of him that runs, but of GOD that shows mercy." (Romans 9:16)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • "No one is able to come to Me UNLESS the Father Who sent Me DRAWS HIM to come to Me." (John 6:44)
  • "According as HE HAS CHOSEN US in Christ before the foundation of the world" (Ephesians 1:4)
  • "There is none that understands, there is NONE THAT SEEKS after God." (Romans 3:10,11)
  • "For by grace are you saved through faith, and that NOT OF YOURSELVES; it is the Gift of God." (Ephesians 2:8-9).
  • "For God has shut up all in unbelief so that He may show mercy to all." (Romans 11:32)
  • "It is NOT of him that WILLS or of him that runs, but of GOD that shows mercy." (Romans 9:16)

We all credit God who are led of same to see those things. I certainly accept all of the above.

But WHY do we discount God when they are not seen?

I know exactly zero believers who stepped into faith knowing much of any doctrines.

Were any of us instantly enlightened across the entire spectrum of His Counsel?

Again, prolly not.

s

• There is nothing you will ever do that will make God love you more than he does right now.
  • There is nothing you will ever do that will make God love you less than he does right now.

Great response.

Excellent verses to consider.

Human responsibility is also Biblical, but these verses here just show how we do and we should depend on our gracious God.

There are those who stubbornly resist God' gracious calling. Usually it is their stubborn pride that hardens their hearts. There are many verses that speak of this, one is where Jesus wished to gather Jeruselem as a hen garthers her chicks, but they would not. One is in Hebrews 3:7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: " Today if you hear His voice do not harden your hearts as the children did in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness----". Or Acts 7:51 "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit: as your fathers did, so do you." NKJV

So although I totally agree with all of you that God the Father elected us before the foundations of the world according to His foreknowledge (1Peter 1), and that our salvation is totally His idea, His calling, His gift of faith and repentance, His grace, and that works our have nothing to do with it: Still those who are not saved have done so at their responsibility by resisting God's calling by the Holy Spirit. For many are called but few are chosen.

I don't know if any of these passages, in context, addresses the issue at hand.

There are those who stubbornly resist God' gracious calling. Usually it is their stubborn pride that hardens their hearts. There are many verses that speak of this, one is where Jesus wished to gather Jeruselem as a hen garthers her chicks, but they would not. One is in Hebrews 3:7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: " Today if you hear His voice do not harden your hearts as the children did in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness----". Or Acts 7:51 "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit: as your fathers did, so do you." NKJV

So although I totally agree with all of you that God the Father elected us before the foundations of the world according to His foreknowledge (1Peter 1), and that our salvation is totally His idea, His calling, His gift of faith and repentance, His grace, and that works our have nothing to do with it: Still those who are not saved have done so at their responsibility by resisting God's calling by the Holy Spirit. For many are called but few are chosen.

Carolyn:

God's wondrous sovereignty and solemn human responsibility complement each other, don't they?

Both are Biblical (even if we can't exactly figure how).

Blessings.

Originally posted by Butch5,

I don't know if any of these passages, in context, addresses the issue at hand.

What is the issue at hand? Address each of the passages, one by one - in context.

Here's the breakdown thus far...

Election to salvation in the first Adam......... 0%

Election to salvation in the last Adam..........100%

See any trend here...:)

Let's fact check your post:

Psalm 5:5
The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity.

Ephesians 1
4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship[c] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will

Ephesians 1
4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship[c] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will

Amen to that.. chosen in Him, in the Lord Jesus Christ..

Election in the first Adam... 0%

Election in the last Adam...100%

Amen to that.. chosen in Him, in the Lord Jesus Christ..

Election in the first Adam... 0%

Election in the last Adam...100%

I might certainly appreciate your formula above, but wasn't Adam always Gods son?

Undoubtedly a first Adam and a last Adam, but Adam as Gods son nevertheless.

How for example would the first Adam be a zero % and was still Gods son?

?

I might certainly appreciate your formula above, but wasn't Adam always Gods son?

Undoubtedly a first Adam and a last Adam, but Adam as Gods son nevertheless.

How for example would the first Adam be a zero % and was still Gods son?

?

You're scaring me here smaller.. this is like bible 101.. see Romans 5 and Romans 5:18 if you don't understand this.

You're scaring me here smaller.. this is like bible 101.. see Romans 5 and Romans 5:18 if you don't understand this.

Just asking how, if Adam was Gods son, which we can both see that he was, that he was not chosen rather than 0% as you note?

Did God abandon Adam? Or save him?

If there was a last Adam, which would seem reasonable, him being Gods son, it would appear not to have ever been a 0%.

Math questions. Gotta luv 'em.

s

Just asking how, if Adam was Gods son, which we can both see that he was, that he was not chosen rather than 0% as you note?

Did God abandon Adam? Or save him?

If there was a last Adam, which would seem reasonable, him being Gods son, it would appear not to have ever been a 0%.

Math questions. Gotta luv 'em.

s

Well, if you don't believe that all in the first Adam are under condemnation, then I can't help you. Death has passed upon all men as well... since then... this should be painfully obvious to anyone..

And the LORD has saved every last one of us in the first Adam.. for His grace is UNTO ALL and it is UPON ALL who believe.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back