Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did Satan rule the Earth in Old Testament times?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

researcher

I was wondering if Satan always ruled the earth since the fall, but, I dunno! Lol.

Old Testament times
Gen 24:3 And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell:

Jer 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Dan 4:25 That they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, till thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

Dan 2:20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
Dan 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Jer 27:4 And command them to say unto their masters, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Thus shall ye say unto your masters;
Jer 27:5 I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.

Compare with New Testament times

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Joh 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

1Th 2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Whaddya think?

I think God's always ruled the World. I am a bit confused by what Satan says in the verse from Matthew you've quoted though.

Satan only rules what we let him. His rank in God's Kingdom was to be below us, before his disobedience to God obviously. If we recognise him as below us he has no power over us. Jesus knew this when he was tempted in Matthew. Just my thoughts.

Thanks guys. I thought maybe God ruled all through the OT, then Satan began his earthly rule and we see his kingdom rising here:

Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

So the order would be:
God (the Father), Satan, Jesus, God (the Father) (after all enemies are defeated)

Dunno. :\

Satan always ruled the earth. (II Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 6:11-12). The bible always warned us to stay away from the ways of the world. If The God ruled the world with His Kingdom already in place, then no such warning would have to be given. Ironically, The God does already rule from His throne in heaven, which Jesus also occupies at the right hand until He comes again to also take the earthly Davidic throne from whoever presently occupies it (Luke 1:32-33). But in this age, Satan is allowed to rule and man to his devices as a sharp contrast of the better government that is to come. It's always been a battle of kingdoms since Genesis until Revelations.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back