Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Diets That Are Far From Fabulous

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I can recall when the Grapefruit Diet was quite popular in the early 1970s. It was a bit different then, however. Grapefruit wasn't eaten before a meal ... it was the meal. Dieters ate grapefruit for breakfast, lunch, and a few segments with dinner. Result? A few pounds lost.... bladder infections gained.

I like grapefruit...but only in moderation.

I haven't heard of the baby food diet, nor the Werewolf diet. I did receive the info on the Blood type diet a few years ago ... thought that one was odd. But then, I've always felt that eating a balanced array of the different food groups, in moderation, would keep me in good stead. (And I, for one, was very thankful that chocolate was its own food group!!)

I've been on the seafood diet (if I see food, I eat it) for years, but it hasn't worked.

The TOG​

Most diets have emphasis on one type of food and avoidance of others. Nobody naturally eats this way. This introduces vitamin/mineral deficiencies, which ironically may be a contributing factor to the problem we're trying to tackle. So "fad diet" is appropriately named. BTW, this is why I'm so critical of mainline, medical/health diet advice today. If you notice, it's a fad diet of sorts with an impressive emblem and backing to it. (E.g. anti-red meat, anti-saturated fat foods, excessive fruits, vegetables and grains -- I'm only in favor of the second one, vegetables, the rest contain mostly carbs, little protein and virtually no fat.)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back