Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Dinosaurs and man

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
For those of you who believe the earth is 6000 years old, I would like to know how you resolve the issue of man and dinosaurs.
Why has there never been found human fossils together with dinosaur fossils.
If the earth is 6000 years old, when did the dinosaurs exist, before, during or after
How did the dinosaurs become extinct.
I would be interested in your replies. Thank you and God bless

I don't post here in C&S very often..... The simplicity of your post jumped my memory back to 1955. 5th grade science book had a picture of dino foot prints and mans foot prints in the same mud creek bed... Seems to me science is always changing their facts.

I don't post here in C&S very often..... The simplicity of your post jumped my memory back to 1955. 5th grade science book had a picture of dino foot prints and mans foot prints in the same mud creek bed... Seems to me science is always changing their facts.
Its not science, but school text books. There was also a time where it was illegal to teach the theory of Evolution in public schools. There was a story and photo of foot prints of a supposed dinosaur and man being side by side. Though that specific photo, that I know of, was later dismissed because the foot print wasn't a human foot print.

Here is a website that links to many resources that surrounds the incident.
http://paleo.cc/paluxy.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Could well be MBS ... Science facts change was my point . The science world told us the earth was going to freeze early 70s ... Like any thing else man is evolved in for each man is an opinion...

The science world told us the earth was going to freeze early 70s ...

Nope. I was in academia then, and the concern, even then, was warming.

http://www.wmconnolley.org.uk/sci/iceage/#rs1971

So global cooling predictions in the 70s amounted to media and a handful of peer reviewed studies. The small number of papers predicting cooling were outweighed by a much greater number of papers predicting global warming due to the warming effect of rising CO2.
1970s_papers.gif

http://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s-intermediate.htm

Notice by the 1970s, the great majority of papers on climate were predicting warming. The myth was spread mostly by one man, Senator James Inhofe, (rep., Exxon)

This little gem helped.

daily_mail_fake_time_cover_coming_ice_age_3-17-13.jpg

The cover was photoshopped. The real one was an article on global warming.

Question was about dinosaurs and man not some crazy prediction about a coming ice age. Just like in all walks of life, there are some scientists that defy logic as to how they can consider themselves scientists.
And Reba, they were 3 simple questions. And yes, science is always changing their "facts" because one of the ways science proves theories to be true (when they are) is by constantly trying to prove them false. When they make new discoveries, and prove a theory or hypotheses false, the facts change. When theories are unable to prove theories wrong, they are upheld as theories, not laws. There are very few laws in science.
The footprints you talked about where disproven a while back.

Barbarian that is correct, to their credit. But I would still love for someone to answer my question. Oh well. God bless.:biggrin

Okay this is about dinosaurs, but the global warming stuff strikes me. It seems to me scientists strongly agree on global warming, yet an opposing minority and parts of the media and petrol depending corporates + lobbyists have it in their hands to turn the public opinion and the opinion of the political decision makers against what scientists found out and confirmed over and over.

I wonder how we are gonna explain to our grandchildren that we couldn't prevent all the extreme weather disasters although we knew about it and could have at least lessened the effect to some degree if we'd made a little effort. How are we gonna explain that to the creator of this world....

Oh well, sorry, it's off topic.

But I would still love for someone to answer my question.

Creationists usually explain the sorting of fossils by the following things:

1. Differential escape. Faster creatures could stay ahead of the flood waters longer.

2. Hydrologic sorting. Similarly shaped organisms ended up in the same strata.

3. Ecological sorting. Shells at the bottom of the sea, mountain goats at the top.

All of these have serious difficulties; I'm sure you can think of a number of them without much reflection. But that's what they usually tell me.

I agree. The two most serious difficulties being:
1) No human fossils or bones have been found together, in the same strata, with dinosaur bones.
2) Biblically, God ordered Noah 2 of each animal, not 2 of each animal except dinosaurs, so they didn't become extinct during the flood as some believe.

Many believe the behemoths mentioned in Job 40:15-24 I believe is a metaphor God is using to impress Job with His power and sovereignty.

Thanks for your reply Barbarian - God bless.

I seem to remember a theory that the dinosaurs were wiped out when Satan was cast out of heaven. Some believe that God literally threw Satan out of heaven, and the strength of his impact wiped out all of the dinosaurs. This kind of goes along with the comet theory, and implies that the dinosaurs must have lived outside of the Garden of Eden.

Jarvis, that is an interesting hypothesis. Only drawback I see is that Satan and the fallen angels are spirit beings and not sure what kind of impact their fall would have on the physical world since they remain in the spirit world, even after the fall. Plus God created the dinosaurs for some reason (even if it was just to provide us with fossil fuel) and I don't think He would have allowed Satan to totally wipe out the dominant life on the planet. :biggrin
As far as dinosaurs living outside the Garden of Eden, I totally agree as I do believe Adam and Eve existed about 6-10 thousand years ago and the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.:chin

I might even be getting the theory totally wrong, I'll have to find the video again.

Its suspected that Adam and Eve were banished from the garden about 10,000 years ago. We dont know how long they were in there though, so its completely possible that millions of years went by on the rest of the earth, but Adam and his wife weren't affected by time yet.

Hello Narwhalist! I do see this as an issue. I think the Earth is much older than 6,000 years though. In the YEC thread @jasoncran posted this link dating them 40,000 years ago:
http://newgeology.us/presentation48.html

It changes but I lean toward an old universe, young earth (~60,0000), but believe Adam and eve were ~6000 years ago.
I will say finding soft tissue on dinosaur bones raises a lot of questions. At least some didn't go extinct 65 million years ago. Aslo, I have been searching for the source, but there have been reports of people encountering dinosaurs. Isaiah 14:29 and 30:6 mentions a flying serpent. Some people in Africa report seeing "Olitu" and "Kongamato"

Greek historian Herodotus (450 BC):
"There is a place in Arabia...to which I went, on hearing of some winged serpents; and when I arrived there, I saw bones and spines of serpents, in such quantities as it would be impossible to describe. The form of the serpent is like that of a watersnake; but he has wings without feathers, and as like as possible to the wings of a bat." (Historiae, trans. Henry Clay. London:Henry G. Bohn. reprint 1850, p75-76)

The bones are still there.

PDG20050233.jpg

Basilosaurus. Which was actually a whale, not a serpent. But there are a lot of those in Arabia and North Africa.

Good morning! That's interesting but doubtful it has anything to do with what Herodotus wrote. Herodotus mentioned winged serpents.

"Basilosaurus" means "king lizard." They were initially thought to be dragons. Wings were inferred from other features in the rock.

Back