Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Dividing the Word of Truth

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Those are your words, they are not mine. You have twisted, or are attempting to twist what I have said to make it seem as if I said the Temple was in service to both covenants. But if you can't be honest with the scripture, why should I expect you to deal honestly with what I have said. I asked which covenant was the temple of service to.

such as which covenant was the Temple of service to?

From post # 45

To the covenant made with the children of Israel.

My answer from post # 47

You replied in the next post, # 48, with this answer -

I'm sorry but that answer is not sufficient. Both covenants were made with the children of Israel.

Now I am asking you to show me which 2 Covenants were made with the children of Israel, that the Temple was a service to?

You keep accusing me over and over of playing games and twisting the scriptures because I asked you to show me which 2 covenants from scripture, that the Temple was a service to.

If you are able to show the two covenants, from scripture that the Temple was a service to, then please do so.

JLB

Last edited:
he second thing is the scripture in Zech 12:10 does not say that "every eye shall see Him." That is something that you have brought to this scripture to give it different meaning. The scripture as it is written in Zech 12:10 says "they shall look upon me" whom they have pierced.
While it could be implied that would physically see him, that is not what this is saying.

10 "And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

This scripture says states they will look upon Me...and they will mourn.

This is the promise Jesus made to His disciples, on the mount of Olives, as He made reference to the passage in Zechariah 12:10.

Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Matthew 24:30

The result of seeing the Son of Man is they will mourn.

They will physically see Jesus.

This is what Zechariah says, and this is what Jesus says.

SEE HIM!

Revelation, makes reference to this passage in Zechariah 12:10 and also the phrase every eye will see Him...

7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. Revelation 1:7

If you don't believe that every eye will literally see Him when He comes, then please explain why, with scripture.

JLB

to all posters

Drop the personal attacks this is the Bible study forum ... Please treat the discussions here with some respect...
Make your point and move on...

Now I am asking you to show me which 2 Covenants were made with the children of Israel, that the Temple was a service to?

You keep accusing me over and over of playing games and twisting the scriptures because I asked you to show me which 2 covenants from scripture, that the Temple was a service to.

If you are able to show the two covenants, from scripture that the Temple was a service to, then please do so.

• You are being dishonest and you are twisting the words that I have said.
  • I asked which covenant, singular, that the temple was of service to?
  • You replied to the covenant made with the children of Israel.
  • Two which I responded that that wasn't good enough because both covenant were made with the children of Israel.
  • Then you, and you alone demand scripture of me that shows the temple of service to two covenants, and this is what you have twisted. The Temple was of service to one covenant and that is all I ever suggested. And Jerusalem has been Judged and her Temple destroyed twice for her iniquities.
If you can't deal honestly with what I has said, then we are pretty much through here. There is no need for you to respond.

The Bible, in its simplest of forms, is presented to you with a division already created for your understanding. All you have to do is open the Bible, you don't even have to read it to know that it is presented with an old testament and a new testament. The dividing line has been set before you, and you don't even have to discover it. The Old and the New, that is where we begin to divide the Word of Truth.

That is not to say that we should not try and understand the old testament, nor does it mean we should only pay attention to the new testament. But we should understand the differences between the two, beginning with the first division set before you in scripture.

Too many do not accept this division or accept that God's word is divided, so they go to great lengths to try and join the two back together and present it as one. The Lord shall divide the sheep from the goats and the tares are divided from the wheat. To what benefit are your efforts in trying to join again that which God has torn asunder?

The Bible is the inerrant Word of God . " ... rightly dividing the word of truth ." in this passage refers to differentiating false doctrine from false teachers and true doctrine which comes from scripture . We need to study like a good worker works , putting time and effort in , pouring over what we are doing and above all praying for understanding . As Jethro Bodine said " know the whole counsel of scripture ... the Bible is it's best interpreter ." If what we come to understand doesn't violate what the rest of scripture says we are pretty safe . Understand that nobody knows it all and never will in this life . If we go on to read verses 16 - 18 it becomes clearer .
The Old Testament and New Testament go hand in glove . You cant separate them . The Old Testament , from the beginning to end , is about Jesus Christ and the end times . It gives us prophesy and patterns to show us what was and will be . You can liken the Old Testament in some respects to a parable .

Last edited:
2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

All scripture came from God (2 Timothy 3:16-17 says God breathed)... prophetically through the holy men of God. Therefore all scripture is not up for human interpretation private or otherwise but rather by the Holy Spirit:

John 16:13 (AV)
13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Already answered in post #58 in response to Hebrews 9:28.

Again two things of note: The first is this scripture does not imply an event in which every eye in the world will behold him at the same moment. The scripture as it is written in Heb 9:28 says plainly that he shall appear unto them a second time unto those who look for him. If you do not look for Him, how shall he appear unto you? I look to the things of the Spirit, not the thing of the world. My sight is by Faith.

The second thing to point out is He shall appear without sin. To appear without sin means that he would appear by His Spirit, apart from his body, that by His Spirit He might make known the Righteousness of Christ in our hearts, and by His Spirit we should know His Glory in us. But this is not possible in his body. To be apart from sin is to be apart from his body, that by his Spirit He will be glorified in our flesh unto our salvation. But we can not know this if we do not look for him first, and know what to look for. The Spirit of the Lord is being poured out upon the world, but you will not see it except you first look, but you will not find by looking to events in the world, for the world hides it from you. You have to search your heart, and look for him there, that is where the Spirit of the Lord will reveal himself.

This post of yours, does not address the scriptures that I presented to you, but address Hebrews 9:28 with your opinion, about the physical literal return of Jesus Christ to earth.

as you said -

The second thing to point out is He shall appear without sin. To appear without sin means that he would appear by His Spirit, apart from his body,

Jesus dispelled that notion already when He presented Himself alive to His disciples, so that they could be witnesses to His resurrection.

Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
Luke 24:39

Jesus Christ will physically return and will be seen by all the tribes of the earth.

Please address the actual scriptures that I presented.

10 "And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

This scripture says states they will look upon Me...and they will mourn.

This is the promise Jesus made to His disciples, on the mount of Olives, as He made reference to the passage in Zechariah 12:10.

Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Matthew 24:30

The result of seeing the Son of Man is they will mourn.

They will physically see Jesus.

This is what Zechariah says, and this is what Jesus says.

SEE HIM!

Revelation, makes reference to this passage in Zechariah 12:10 and also the phrase every eye will see Him...

7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. Revelation 1:7

Every one will see Him when He comes...

These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.
2 Thessalonians 1:9-10

JLB

You are being dishonest and you are twisting the words that I have said.

Here are your words to me when I answered you, that the Temple was a service to the covenant that the Lord made with the children of Israel.

I'm sorry but that answer is not sufficient. Both covenants were made with the children of Israel.

From that point I asked you which two Covenants then, that the Lord made with the children of Israel, were you referring to?

At which point, you keep accusing me of twisting your words.

If you are not able to name the two covenants, which the Lord made with the children of Israel, in which the Temple was a service to, then thats OK.

Just please stop falsely accusing me of twisting your words, when I have only asked you to clarify your words, in which you said to me...

JLB

I asked which covenant, singular, that the temple was of service to?

I answered with -

to the covenant that the Lord made with the children of Israel.

You said -

JLB

The Temple was of service to one covenant and that is all I ever suggested

Then please explain why you made this statement, rather than just agreeing with me?

JLB

Then please explain why you made this statement, rather than just agreeing with me?

JLB

There is no need that I explain anything further, I have already explained myself. We are done with this line of questioning. I will not respond to it further, so please let it go.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back