Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Divorce and Remarriage - does God allow it?

Should a divorced person be allowed to remarry?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Don't you see that if a man is abusive to his wife, that he himself is doing wrong? Don't you see that Paul discerned that a man should love his wife as Christ loved the church? Do you want God to be harsh with you, husbands? Or do you want Him to let you go astray? There is no male nor female in God, but all are one. However, marriage should work as God has deemed it to work. Wives submit to husbands, husbands love wives, both submit to God, God loves church. Anyway, didn't the Bible say something about kicking out brothers who sinned so that Satan would destroy the sin within them so they wouldn't die, and then taking them back, so they would not be consumed with sorrow? Also, Satan may intend evil, but God uses that for good. These days, things aren't easy though. Sorry for the tone earlier, I was being a little arrogant, I suppose... But here's some advice. James said, "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his deeds." I don't have a Bible with me right now, but here's the gist of it. Wisdom that allows bad deeds is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil... I think that's about right. I think people have a sort of subliminal wisdom, like when you ask someone what would they would do under a certain set of circumstances. Pay attention to the little things you do, and why you do them. Take complete control over yourself. Make sure every move you make is your decision. That helped me see the worldly wisdom I had. If you have such wisdom, the easiest way to get out of it is to make yourself a fool, and then replace worldly wisdom with the secret godly wisdom. Controlling yourself, you can see how you are tempted, I suppose. But always, always remain in truth. Remember your salvation. Know you have to be perfect and holy. Know that without faith, it is impossible to please God. Know that you are ambassadors of God's peace, preachers to the world, preaching Christ, God's sacrifice for sin, God's only Son. Is not every notion within you that prevents doing good worldly wisdom, as well as every notion that causes sin? Ask for wisdom, and do not doubt; God will give it to you, without finding fault.

Hi Rhetorickety.

I probably missed it, but what is the over 'thing' that you are trying to say regarding the thread topic ?
:)

The Glory of God in the Goodness of Marriage
Al Mohler
President, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God and in the face of this congregation, to join together this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony; which is an honorable state, instituted by God in the time of man's innocency, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Christ and his Church."

That familiar language from the Anglican Book of Common Prayer, recited thousands of times each week in various forms, presents a vision of marriage as a deeply Christian institution -- even a necessary portrait of the love that unites Christ and His church. As marriage signifies this "mystical union," it points to an understanding that takes us far beyond the relationship of the husband and wife.

Do most Christians have even the slightest understanding of this?

It is bad enough that the secular world has discounted marriage into a quasi-legal contract that, like other voluntary contracts, can be made or broken at will. The greater tragedy is the failure of Christians to take marriage seriously.

According to the Bible, marriage is not only designed by the Creator as an arena for human happiness and the continuation of the human race -- it is also the arena of God's glory, where the delights and disciplines of marriage point to the purpose for which human beings were made...

http://www.crosswalk.com/marriage/11550140/

Re:

Nikki said:
I just looked at that site and sent them a link to our studies.
I wont start picking the doctrines there apart here unless necessary, but there were so many problems with the teachings as a whole there that the author really needs to re-evaluate what scripture as a whole teaches on the matter.

Some times people lie and hide things from there spouse in a relationship. This makes the whole relationship a lie. I think there are many reasons why it should be ok to marry again. It isn't fair for some one to live a lie. A lot of times this second life cause's abuse to the spouse. Abuse mentally or physically should be a good enough reason to leave a relationship. People who get a well deserved divorce should be allowed to get married again. I don't think God would want them to live a lonely punished life. Especially when they were punished during there marriage. The person that caused the heart ache should think twice about getting into another relationship. That is between them and God.

Infinity

Lying and Hiding

Infinity, you are perfectly describing my situation!
I was married to a Pastor for 13 years, he immmersed himself in the ministry, to the exclusion of our marriage. In 1998 he left our marriage and family and turned to a gay lifestyle. What I found to be so hurtful were fellow Christians who failed to reach out to both of us. People were disillusioned and hurt, they wanted to believe we were the perfect pair/family (I wanted to too). The leadership of the denomination we were in let us slip away without so much as a farewell. I lost friends I thought I had, some to this day still have not spoken to me. I wish there were true believers who were willing to reach out to him especially.

Did I value and honor the covenant of marriage? Yes, and I still do. God sent me a sweet husband who values and cherishes me. He has been a wonderful step Father and an amazing support. God restored in an unbelievable way what had been lost and broken. As for the ex-husband-I still pray for him and do my best to communicate God's love to him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back