Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

DIY emergency computer power.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Of course, both I and the OP are talking about battery systems that are indoors with indoor temperatures, not exposed to the extreme heat that I think you are talking about when you say they won't last in Florida. Although they have been exposed to extremes of the Mexican tropic all the way to Alaska.
I wouldn't store a battery inside any area where the acid might leak and ruin things.

I know about where he lives and that reminds me not to far from him was a big battery recharging building for the ranges. I need to ask about that building's history. its old. really old

I somehow ended up here and found this interesting and if you go to his first video (2nd one below) he shows how he reconditioned it with nickel juice. This one happens to be a deep cycle and actually started the truck in cold weather...pretty impressive:

the link of extensive testing of the battery:

the link reconditioning the battery (there are several more there that may be better/shorter:

An interesting comment under the video from the first link:

Prochiro When converting to alum, the battery will never reach the previous acid voltage. This, however, does not really matter as a volt or so will still function to start the truck and the amps are there. In reality, the converted battery will work the same as a new battery except the level of voltage will be lower. It will function for as long as the lead holds up. This will work for 80%+ of the treated batteries, I use alum in all solar and wind battery banks with gulf cart batteries. No need to worry about sulfur again.

I also just left a comment there at the first link I posted about a battery blowing up in my face.

Anyway, maybe 15 years isn't the end.

I will ask my coworker, what Kenny plans to do is what my coworker has done since 2004. he has used his car battery to power his home for a few days.

Thing is, if it happens here, it'll most likely be after hurricane and I'm 80 miles inland (low odds. Although
I got lucky during that real bad year we had several hurricanes with power out for 24 hrs or less, my friends just a few miles away were out for weeks and if that happens, the generator is coming on, not matter the cost to run it and all this will likely be moot.

If it's a cooler weather outage fine or if gas is hard to get and that's possible it could be handy.

Best bet a single solar panel for extremes and not much more than the setup I have and a diesel generator with fuel that lasts, about 50 gallons of it. At least I hear diesel lasts a long time.

All I can say is... :hysterical Really? The guy even admits over and over that he doesn't even know how to use the simplest of testing equipment that he has! I don't think I'll consider him any kind of authority on the subject. Ok, well, good luck.

I liked him cuz he was honest like that and after all I saw besides him, I was sold. Still am. You can't seriously be that quick to judge it as harshly as you seem to be???

And at 80% recovery rate of unusable batts and as easy as it is to do, hey...

Thing is, if it happens here, it'll most likely be after hurricane and I'm 80 miles inland (low odds. Although
I got lucky during that real bad year we had several hurricanes with power out for 24 hrs or less, my friends just a few miles away were out for weeks and if that happens, the generator is coming on, not matter the cost to run it and all this will likely be moot.

If it's a cooler weather outage fine or if gas is hard to get and that's possible it could be handy.

Best bet a single solar panel for extremes and not much more than the setup I have and a diesel generator with fuel that lasts, about 50 gallons of it. At least I hear diesel lasts a long time.
diesel does go bad. but don't feel it up until june 1st and empty it November 15th or leave it dry until needed.its not like you cant get diesel a few days before. depending the size.

Obidiah, are diesel generators that much more efficient than gas? a lot more?

I heard it'll last for years, Jason but I need to look into all that again.

I just smelled some gasoline that I actually had stored in the house for the past 8 or 9 months and it's already going bad. Still usable I'm sure, but that's really fast.

I'll look into a diesel gen then.

I'll sell my gas one just after the next bad hurricane to get top dollar lol.

some how i can not get Obadiah's standard edit to re-appear reba

Last edited by a moderator:
Back