Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do athesits hate Christians?

Do atheists hate christians?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and I hate them to!

• Some do, and some don't

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We needed a some do some dont option. I have 2 very good friends that are atheist. We get along just fine till we start disucing God then the fire works go off! But I love them to death! :Fade-color :B-fly:

Actually, you'd be surprised. I often have an easier time discussing the Bible with atheists than I do Christians. In a way that is good because atheists need those kinds of discussions. In a way it is bad because you'd think Christians would want to discuss the Bible with felllow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Dave Slayer said:
Actually, you'd be surprised. I often have an easier time discussing the Bible with atheists than I do Christians. In a way that is goodm because atheists need those kinds of discussions. In a way it is bad because you'd think Christians would want to discuss the Bible with felllow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Some may, most don't.

I only know 1 other atheist personally (well at least that I know of), but from the wonderful bridge of people, the internet, I get to talk with quite a few.

There are quite a bit of atheist who really dislike religion, which in the US mainly is Christianity. They view it as a stumbling block for the human race, and a cause of many world problems.

I myself held that view for a while, until the last few years. I grew out of it and am of the opinion that people are people, and will do bad or hold each other back based on who they are, and not their religion or non-religion.

Stalin would have still sought domination at the expense of millions of lives, even if he was religious.

The clashes of the world today, are largely religious on the surface, but cultural when you look deeper. It is just easier to say, hey those people killed those people because one believe A and the other B. Our minds are quick to simplifier too much in order to process complex situations. Though I understand much more clearly the violence and xenophobia and that Islam contains in its teachings (thanks to Gabe), I don't think many people who do not want to harm another person, would be talked into it by scripture. Maybe the upbringing in that religion has a large influence, and could lead someone down that path, I think there are too many more factors involved to just blame Islam. Namely imbalanced people with money and power, understanding how to manipulate the living conditions and distress of their neighbors with religion.

I believe that since Christianity is at the center of some many people's world outlook, that tomatoes thrown at it feel personal. And understandably so.

I don't many Christians hate me as a person based on my atheism, but there are many who do not like my world view and what they feel are negative consequences of it. Atheism doesn't direct my life much at all, and I only think about it with much thought usually only when I am talking/foruming with someone about it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back