Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do Blood Moons Really Prophesy Trouble Ahead?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
imo,
If the book is about Israel then Israel is the Messiah, the Christ.
Christ came by the promise made to Abraham as the One seed. By the same token the promise was made so that the Christ could come by that promise. Don't you love circular thought. :confused2 God had a plan. Abraham was called out for that reason to provide a Redeemer so God would have His people, nation. For me all the OT points to Him not the people. The people (even us) are characters in the story about Him. The story is wonderful. So many twists and turns but they all end up at the fork in the road, one straight to the gate where the Shepard stands, the other leads to no where but loss.
In prophecy and in Paul's words there is no where that I can see that ALL Jewish people will be saved. In Elijah's generation there was a raiment. I believe that the "dry bones" prophecy is about a revival within the Jews and many will receive their Messiah, the Christ. I believe that has already begun. I'm beginning to believe that the Lord has put one Karaite Jew in particular on my heart to pray for. But that could just be me, not sure.

Do Blood Moons Really Prophesy Trouble Ahead?

It was too cloudy for us too.
The wheels within wheels. Yes they turn; so you have to be careful not to become dizzy. God has hidden his treasures in earthen vessels. Israel is indeed earthen. Looking at the bad behavior of Israel will not save us. Hidden in Israel is the word that became flesh and dwelt among men. The component of god through Holy Spirit caused Israel to return to life. Total Israel does not become the savior. Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary. It is not we that do the total transformation. The word is prophesied and He causes the action Ezekiel 2:1 Ezekiel 2:2 show the power to overcome Ezekiel 2:3.

As a gentile I do not have the promises Israel does. I am grafted into a people who had the oracles of god. I can never forget the Gentiles lived undone and without god until the grafting in. Israel can be easily be grafted back (they are the natural stock).

Israel will bless the world in messiah. Revelation 3:20

The redneck jerk from Mississippi
eddif

What makes you think that I am the reptilian?:poke

Don't deny it shapechanger. I had to watch it cycle a few times to be sure, but I could tell. The one blinked in disbelief/non understanding (to the sarcasm) then the other poked out it's tongue. Then the reptilian did it's thing. We could say it's a woman thing because it's a woman type reaction, lol.
Waitaminute...could all women be reptilians? :couch

Waitaminute...could all women be reptilians? :couch

I really want to respond to this, but after considering it for a while, I decided that it was probably not wise to put what I was thinking into writing.

The TOG​

uhm so how does one blood moon really supposed to tell any jew or Hebrew that never has heard nor read the bible something?

I should see what the chassidics and the noahides are saying about this.
IMHO, IMHO.
Romans 1:19-20
Nature screams agreement with scripture (same author).

Romans 11:25 and surrounding text.
The Gentiles must come to behave in a way they can present the information they have listened to (from Jewish authors).

Hidden information depends on hearing. The hearing / seeing is prophesied to happen. The Gentiles have muddled along listening, but it is time for the one new man to manifest. Blindness must leave.

Backwoods, redneck, gentile, jerk
eddif

I really want to respond to this, but after considering it for a while, I decided that it was probably not wise to put what I was thinking into writing.

The TOG​

I guess you're smarter than I am lol. :lol

I think I see one coming...:couch

Back to the topic - Lunar eclipses.

One of the reasons people give for this particular triad of eclipses being more important than others is that all the eclipses are on biblical festivals. That may be true according to the modern Jewish calendar, but that's a man-made calednar system. The biblical calendar was based on the actual sighting of the new moon each month, and on the ripeness of the barley crop to determine the beginning of the year. According to that calendar, the Feast of Tabernacles starts tomorrow evening at sunset. The modern Jewish calendar is off this month by 2 days, and can sometimes be off by as much as a month. This last eclipse wasn't on a feast day. Well... Back to the drawing board. I'm sure people will find something else to base their date-setting on.

The TOG​

Back to the topic - Lunar eclipses.

One of the reasons people give for this particular triad of eclipses being more important than others is that all the eclipses are on biblical festivals. That may be true according to the modern Jewish calendar, but that's a man-made calednar system. The biblical calendar was based on the actual sighting of the new moon each month, and on the ripeness of the barley crop to determine the beginning of the year. According to that calendar, the Feast of Tabernacles starts tomorrow evening at sunset. The modern Jewish calendar is off this month by 2 days, and can sometimes be off by as much as a month. This last eclipse wasn't on a feast day. Well... Back to the drawing board. I'm sure people will find something else to base their date-setting on.

The TOG​

OK I agree with you here. I also rather go by a sited lunar calendar rather than a calculated calculator. So technically speaking, this eclipse did not occur on a sited moon Tabernacles feast day. However its the same full moon associated with Tabernacles. Nobody says that full moon has to happen on a feast day. The idea that the full moon always happens on Passover or Tabernacles is unbiblical.

IMHO, IMHO.
Romans 1:19-20
Nature screams agreement with scripture (same author).

Romans 11:25 and surrounding text.
The Gentiles must come to behave in a way they can present the information they have listened to (from Jewish authors).

Hidden information depends on hearing. The hearing / seeing is prophesied to happen. The Gentiles have muddled along listening, but it is time for the one new man to manifest. Blindness must leave.

Backwoods, redneck, gentile, jerk
eddif

If I understand you correctly, I like this post a lot.

I'm not going to argue this with you anymore here. We've derailed this thread long enough. It's supposed to be about the significance, or lack thereof, as the case may be, of lunar eclipses. This discussion is moved to PM.

:topic

The TOG​
Yes,TOG it has gone off the track....way off the tracks.Lets just talk about the OP.

I can't see the moon.It must be positioned somewhere that where I go out at night it is not available. :shrugAnd we are all still here.How many are there supposed to be?

There will be a total of 4 total lunar eclipses in a row, without any partial eclipses in between. Two of them have now passed, and there are two left. If I understand correctly, there will be a solar eclipse before the next lunar eclipse. That would be much more dramatic to see.

The TOG​

There will be a total of 4 total lunar eclipses in a row, without any partial eclipses in between. Two of them have now passed, and there are two left. If I understand correctly, there will be a solar eclipse before the next lunar eclipse. That would be much more dramatic to see.

The TOG​
Hmmm....thanks TOG.

The TOG​

I called this a "triad" a few posts back. The correct term is tetrad, since there are 4 in a row, and not 3 as implied by the name triad. There is such a thing as a triad, though. It has something to do with the Chinese mafia. I don't know how I got the two confused.

The TOG​

I can't see the moon.It must be positioned somewhere that where I go out at night it is not available. :shrugAnd we are all still here.How many are there supposed to be?

There's two more coming that will complete the four which all fall on feast days. the next one will be on 04/04/15 and then the last of the series will be on 09/28/15.

I couldn't see either one of the first two. :sad I wanted to.

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/blood-moon.html

The so-called "blood moon" (the correct term is lunar eclipse) will not be visible from Israel. If God was warning Israel about something, wouldn't you think it would be visible from there?

The TOG

Yes and no. You would think so, but on the other hand, it is common knowledge, and the info can be passed from brothers to brothers, and in this day and age we have internet and news and the signs are for the end times so God knows that we would have news, internet and cameras and all that.
In Israel...They know it...whether they can see it or not.

It's the same thing with the abomination of desolation that is to happen that everyone will see. It'll be on the news so everyone will see it.
They didn't have cameras back then (Pretty sure! lol) so another ones coming.

I wonder, if these particular eclipses were not going to happen, would everybody take it as a prophecy of no trouble ahead?:chin

Back