Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Do those not born-again go to Hell

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Solo said:
You don't have to accept anything that is said in the Bible; that is your choice. When you make ridiculous claims and propagate them as Biblical, I will call you on them. All people are judged for their works. If your works are from the flesh they will be burnt up as wood, hay, and stubble; if your works come from the new creature born of God they will be as precious stones and gold and will remain.

Is your position an erroneous one? Those areas that you have not submitted to the Lordship of Jesus Christ are in error. Those areas that are lies and deceptions of the devil are in error.

Do I have the mind of Christ? Yes.

Solo

I do accept what is written in scripture. And I look at it in the light of the rest of scripture. I don’t take one verse here and another there and try to marry them to form a doctrine - when they are talking about completely different things.

And now you accuse me of making ridiculous claims and propagating them as biblical.
So I say, call me (whatever that means but I’m guessing it’s a gamblers term) on any of these ridiculous claims you say I am making but please don’t just copy & highlight passages of scripture as though that is going to convince me that what you say is correct and what I am saying is wrong.

Did I not explain to you the meaning of the wood, hay, stubble. You had nothing to say as a critical retort to what I said.
Did I not explain to you the meaning of the sheep and the goats. You had nothing to say as a retort to that.
All you have done is to quote another passage of scripture out of context.
How many do you want me to explain?

mutzrein said:
Solo said:
You don't have to accept anything that is said in the Bible; that is your choice. When you make ridiculous claims and propagate them as Biblical, I will call you on them. All people are judged for their works. If your works are from the flesh they will be burnt up as wood, hay, and stubble; if your works come from the new creature born of God they will be as precious stones and gold and will remain.

Is your position an erroneous one? Those areas that you have not submitted to the Lordship of Jesus Christ are in error. Those areas that are lies and deceptions of the devil are in error.

Solo

I do accept what is written in scripture. And I look at it in the light of the rest of scripture. I don’t take one verse here and another there and try to marry them to form a doctrine - when they are talking about completely different things.

And now you accuse me of making ridiculous claims and propagating them as biblical.
So I say, call me (whatever that means but I’m guessing it’s a gamblers term) on any of these ridiculous claims you say I am making but please don’t just copy & highlight passages of scripture as though that is going to convince me that what you say is correct and what I am saying is wrong.

Did I not explain to you the meaning of the wood, hay, stubble. You had nothing to say as a critical retort to what I said.
Did I not explain to you the meaning of the sheep and the goats. You had nothing to say as a retort to that.
Is Jesus God?

Solo said:
mutzrein said:
Solo said:

Solo

Is Jesus God?
Haven't I answered this in another thread?

“I believe and proclaim that Jesus is the one and only true son of God, conceived of God's spirit, born of a virgin, inheriting the righteousness of God with all the attributes of perfection attributed to the Father, and without sin or blemish, I have no hesitation in saying He is my Lord & Saviour but he is not his own father.â€Â

If that is not clear enough. The Father is God, Jesus is His Son. The Father has given all authority unto Jesus and when the Father (at a time only known to the Father) sends Jesus once more, he will again do His Fathers bidding – but this time to judge.

Isn’t it wonderful that Jesus could say, “. . .The words I say to you are not just my own, rather it is the Father living in me who is doing His work."

And I too can say that I abide in Christ and He in Me. And with an understanding, even in part, of God's grace & mercy shown toward me I can say too, “Apart from Christ Ican do nothing.â€Â

I hope that answers your question.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

mutzrein said:
Solo said:
mutzrein said:
Solo said:

Solo

Is Jesus God?
Haven't I answered this in another thread?

“I believe and proclaim that Jesus is the one and only true son of God, conceived of God's spirit, born of a virgin, inheriting the righteousness of God with all the attributes of perfection attributed to the Father, and without sin or blemish, I have no hesitation in saying He is my Lord & Saviour but he is not his own father.â€Â

If that is not clear enough. The Father is God, Jesus is His Son. The Father has given all authority unto Jesus and when the Father (at a time only known to the Father) sends Jesus once more, he will again do His Fathers bidding – but this time to judge.

Isn’t it wonderful that Jesus could say, “. . .The words I say to you are not just my own, rather it is the Father living in me who is doing His work."

And I too can say that I abide in Christ and He in Me. And with an understanding, even in part, of God's grace & mercy shown toward me I can say too, “Apart from Christ I can do nothing.â€Â

I hope that answers your question.
Then you do not believe that Jesus is God. How old were you when you were born again? What denomination where you taught that Jesus is not God?

Solo said:
Then you do not believe that Jesus is God.
That's what I have been saying.

Solo said:
How old were you when you were born again?
Eh? What has my age got to do with it?

Solo said:
What denomination where you taught that Jesus is not God?
What was it that Paul said? "But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, . . ."

And that is in a letter to a church of which Paul asked, "Who has bewitched you? . . ." Little wonder Paul did what he did huh?

Now of course I fellowshipped with believers but we weren't interested in whether one believed Jesus was God and another didn't. We didn't question the validity of someone's spiritual birth based on what they said.

No, being members of the same vine we grew and were nurtured by the vine. And after a while, the growth produced fruit, the same fruit which Jesus spoke of when he said, "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."

mutzrein said:
Now of course I fellowshipped with believers but we weren't interested in whether one believed Jesus was God and another didn't.
But that begs the question of whether or not people are believers if they don't believe Jesus is God.

Free said:
mutzrein said:
Now of course I fellowshipped with believers but we weren't interested in whether one believed Jesus was God and another didn't.
But that begs the question of whether or not people are believers if they don't believe Jesus is God.
Not believing that Jesus is God is the first sign that one is not born again. A lack of being straight forward and truthful is second. And third is a typical satanic trick; casting doubt on the truth.

mutzrein said:
Solo said:
Then you do not believe that Jesus is God.
That's what I have been saying.

Solo said:
How old were you when you were born again?
Eh? What has my age got to do with it?

Solo said:
What denomination where you taught that Jesus is not God?
What was it that Paul said? "But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, . . ."

And that is in a letter to a church of which Paul asked, "Who has bewitched you? . . ." Little wonder Paul did what he did huh?

Now of course I fellowshipped with believers but we weren't interested in whether one believed Jesus was God and another didn't. We didn't question the validity of someone's spiritual birth based on what they said.

No, being members of the same vine we grew and were nurtured by the vine. And after a while, the growth produced fruit, the same fruit which Jesus spoke of when he said, "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."
If you were born again, how old were you?
What denomination were you in that taught that Jesus is not God?

Solo

I am mystified as to why these questions should be so significant to you or anyone else who wants to make a judgement as to whether a man is born again or not. Nevertheless let me gather my thoughts. I will come back to this and give you a little glimpse of the story of my life.

Regards

"Flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." The flesh rots away and dies and only the Spirit is eternal. So yes, one has to be born again of the Holy Spirit in order to have eternal life in heaven which Jesus tells us in John 3. :)

For the benefit of Solo, who asked amongst other questions - how old was I when I was born again. Since I cannot see the relevance of such a question I will give you instead some background to my life. I hope it helps you and anyone else with a 'need' to know some of the things that have shaped my life.

My mom belonged to a cult before she married my Dad – they believed they were the only ones going to heaven. My dad was raised in the Calvinist tradition. My Dad, believing my moms group to be OK, went along for a while but soon discovered things that disturbed him. He approached the leaders and was told if he didn’t change he and mom would have to go and they would lose their salvation. They left of their own choice.

Soon afterwards they met some Pentecostals and believed they had finally found the ‘truth’. They encountered what is commonly termed the ‘baptism of the holy spirit.’ A while later my parents became missionaries to the indigenous people in this country. They have their own gods mixed with a semblance of Christian ‘tradition’. After their mission work they moved to a small city and fellowshipped with mainly indigenous believers. Often the native language was spoken and not being my parent’s first tongue they started meeting with other likeminded folk in whatever building / house / hall / tent was available.

At some point they decided to go to a Baptist church. In fact they went to two. At the second Baptist church they encountered those who were against the ‘baptism of the holy spirit’. They couldn’t stay and when they left so did half the church. They started meeting with these people in a house until it became plain that some of them had latched onto the teachings of a person who believed he was God’s prophet to the latter day ‘church’. These started revering the man and so my parents again left and aligned themselves with an Apostolic church. They received the ‘right hand of fellowship’ at this place. Here they stayed for a number of years but finally moved to a very small town where there was a co-operating church with people of Presbyterian & Anglican tradition with whom they fellowshipped. They also met others in the area who did not have traditional ties and soon they met and ministered in house meetings in the region.

By the time that they were at this place I had flown the coop. I went to the big city. Spent all that I had on riotous living and ended up eating with ‘pigs’. Finally, finding myself staring into the bottom of something akin to an empty and filthy pig trough I cried out to God. He heard me and in an instant I knew that I was His child. Born again. The light went on. Everything in my world changed. Even the trees were a more vibrant green than ever before.

Being in a foreign place I called my folks and said, “what should I do? where should I go (to church). They called some friends who lived close by and they came to visit me and invited me to a ‘Christian fellowship’ This place had three pastors, all from different denominational backgrounds I think. One was Brethren and the other two had Apostolic roots. Within 3 months this group fractured. It seemed the younger two pastors could not accept the ‘seniority’ of the elder. The congregation also split three ways. One pastor went to a Baptist Church. Another formed a new ‘Christian fellowship’ one of the city’s more predominant churches nowadays. And the senior pastor remained in the original location.

On the day that the ‘split’ was announced people were running around like headless chooks not knowing what to do or where to go. Friendships were torn apart because they were following a particular man.

I remember very vividly exiting that place and thinking how could this be? These people are supposed to be Christians. They should be loving each other, not being torn apart. A girl who seemed very tiny compared with the Thompson Chain reference bible she thumped down on the bonnet of my car came up to me and said, “and what are you going to do?†“I don’t know,†I replied, “people I know are going three different places.†I can still remember her words because they pierced me like an arrow. “Do not follow man but follow God.†I think in that moment was planted within me what I call ‘a passion for truth’.

That’ll do for now I think.

[quote="mutzrein ...

How many do you want me to explain?[/quote]

John here:
About being Born Again?? And your words to Solo above. Surely none of us agree in unity on this it seems? Yet, can the verse in Genesis 6:3 (K.J.) that His Spirit shall not [ALWAYS STRIVE WITH MAN], mean not what it says??? Where that leads mankind is a personal 'free choice' regardless of what brain power he still has left. (check Romans 2:14-15)

And mankind? That surely includes all of us? Once we are 'learned'??? Whatever some think that, that means? we are still 'sinful' for almost 6000 years of past & present retards! But has the brain gained anything other than the re/birth of 'moral character?? 2 Corinthians 3:3 is the 'LETTER OF CHRIST'.
Being Born Again is only the starting point of the way back! Philippians 4:13 & 2 Corinthians 12:9 is still a free choice! Romans 8:14.

Bottom line from here is that we can only be what God has 'given' us in knowledge & power. (see Hosea 4:6 K.J.) And then we are accountable to Him, for this gift! Luke 12:47-48.
And surely, we might agree on the ones of us on these forums, such as any one of us being held over the fire of accountability of PRESENT DAY TRUTH? In other words, what will be our reason for this Babylonian Confusion of Revelation 17:5???? :crying:

Don't pass of the first question, OK? Gods Spirit Striving with MANKIND!

John the Baptist said:
mutzrein said:

John here:
About being Born Again?? And your words to Solo above. Surely none of us agree in unity on this it seems? Yet, can the verse in Genesis 6:3 (K.J.) that His Spirit shall not [ALWAYS STRIVE WITH MAN], mean not what it says??? Where that leads mankind is a personal 'free choice' regardless of what brain power he still has left. (check Romans 2:14-15)

And mankind? That surely includes all of us? Once we are 'learned'??? Whatever some think that, that means? we are still 'sinful' for almost 6000 years of past & present retards! But has the brain gained anything other than the re/birth of 'moral character?? 2 Corinthians 3:3 is the 'LETTER OF CHRIST'.
Being Born Again is only the starting point of the way back! Philippians 4:13 & 2 Corinthians 12:9 is still a free choice! Romans 8:14.

Bottom line from here is that we can only be what God has 'given' us in knowledge & power. (see Hosea 4:6 K.J.) And then we are accountable to Him, for this gift! Luke 12:47-48.
And surely, we might agree on the ones of us on these forums, such as any one of us being held over the fire of accountability of PRESENT DAY TRUTH? In other words, what will be our reason for this Babylonian Confusion of Revelation 17:5???? :crying:

Don't pass of the first question, OK? Gods Spirit Striving with MANKIND!

I'm sorry John - I found it really difficult to follow the gist of what you are saying. The context of my quote was in a conversation with Solo over another issue was it not?

BTW, thinking about that I've just realised that Solo hasn't posted much for a day or two. Are you asking something on his behalf or is it a question that you have? Perhaps if you could just ask me what is my foundation is for a certain belief. If you know of scriptures that you see as contradicting that belief, then by all means make them clear too.

Thanks

I have no idea why this thread is even in contention since Jesus says we have to be born again of the Spirit in order to go to heaven. Those who believe him are Christians. Those who do not believe him are not followers of Christ. So there should be no argument among Christians. :)

Heidi said:
I have no idea why this thread is even in contention since Jesus says we have to be born again of the Spirit in order to go to heaven. Those who believe him are Christians. Those who do not believe him are not followers of Christ. So there should be no argument among Christians. :)

You still thinking babies go to hell then? Just stirring the pot. :crazyeyes:

Heidi said:

Hi Heidi

Yes and I agree that to see or enter the Kingdom of God one must be born again - but that is not the point that was raised.
The question was, do those who are not born again go to hell? Now I realise that Christendom has the view that if you don't go to heaven you go to hell, and that was the reason for the debate since I see that scripture gives room for a different perspective.

It was during this debate that someone questioned whether or not I was born again. My assertion is that I am but because my argument did not fall within what is commonly accepted by some elements of Christendom, the status of my relationship to God was questioned. Two of those questions were: How old was I when I was born again and what denomination did I go to after I was born again. I'm sure if you read back you will get the gist of it.

By all means - if you have any questions too, feel free.

Regards

mutzrein said:
Heidi said:

Hi Heidi

Yes and I agree that to see or enter the Kingdom of God one must be born again - but that is not the point that was raised.
The question was, do those who are not born again go to hell? Now I realise that Christendom has the view that if you don't go to heaven you go to hell, and that was the reason for the debate since I see that scripture gives room for a different perspective.

It was during this debate that someone questioned whether or not I was born again. My assertion is that I am but because my argument did not fall within what is commonly accepted by some elements of Christendom, the status of my relationship to God was questioned. Two of those questions were: How old was I when I was born again and what denomination did I go to after I was born again. I'm sure if you read back you will get the gist of it.

Regards

Nothing personal with me here, OK? I see in Romans 2:14-15 where these ones are converted (Born Again) with the proof! The proof is seen in Acts 5:32's Obedience. Unless there is another way to get the Holy Ghost than which He Inspired the writer to pen??? Did you locate the documentation of the proof???

And these ones had never even heard of Christ as we know Him! (if we do Know Him?) Anyway, it is obedience to His Inspiration that tell's us, huh?

But: That is only the starting point! There MUST be the following of His LEADING! Romans 8:14. Or else? yes, surely, we will end up as seen in Christ's own Words of Luke 12:47-48 & the Holy Ghost's Inspiration of Obadiah 1:16 :crying:

And that tells us that Christ does have His presently 'ignorant' people in all places of the earth, 'folds' both true & false alike, but [we never could say that these folds are Christian ones], or that [He is in them!] For that would be a sure sign that , at least was not Born Again. For why would Christ call them out of a fold if He were in them? See Revelation 18:4 & John 10:16 and Revelation 17:1-5!
---John

mutzrein said:
Heidi said:

Hi Heidi

Regards

You need to read the gospels, friend, particularly Matthew 13: 40-43, Revelations chapter 21, Matthew 25:31-46.

"The Spirit gives life, the flesh counts for nothing."

"If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

"For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction and many will enter it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life and only a few find it."

There are only 2 roads; one leads to life, the other leads to destruction. That's because people who are not humble or honest enough to admit they sin, & think they know better than Christ does what the truth is will reap what they sow. :)

John the Baptist said:
mutzrein said:
Heidi said:

Hi Heidi

Regards

Nothing personal with me here, OK? I see in Romans 2:14-15 where these ones are converted (Born Again) with the proof! The proof is seen in Acts 5:32's Obedience. Unless there is another way to get the Holy Ghost than which He Inspired the writer to pen??? Did you locate the documentation of the proof???

And these ones had never even heard of Christ as we know Him! (if we do Know Him?) Anyway, it is obedience to His Inspiration that tell's us, huh?

But: That is only the starting point! There MUST be the following of His LEADING! Romans 8:14. Or else? yes, surely, we will end up as seen in Christ's own Words of Luke 12:47-48 & the Holy Ghost's Inspiration of Obadiah 1:16 :crying:

And that tells us that Christ does have His presently 'ignorant' people in all places of the earth, 'folds' both true & false alike, but [we never could say that these folds are Christian ones], or that [He is in them!] For that would be a sure sign that , at least was not Born Again. For why would Christ call them out of a fold if He were in them? See Revelation 18:4 & John 10:16 and Revelation 17:1-5!
---John

Thanks John - I’m still having a problem following the gist of what you are saying so please bear with me. I’m going to have to take it slowly and perhaps clarify points with you as we go. Thanks for the note too about keeping personal stuff out of it. I certainly appreciate that, and I would hope at any time if I come across in a manner not becoming of a man of God you would point it out to me.

OK - Romans 2:14-15 – you say, where these ones are converted (Born Again) with the proof!
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

So, you are saying that this refers to those who are born again? I agree.

The proof is seen in Acts 5:32's Obedience.
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

See, this is where your meaning becomes a bit vague for me. This verse is an indication that those who are born again have received the Holy Spirit. I don’t see it as teaching anything - but that it is part of a record of the Acts of the apostles.

So what does it have to do with Romans 2:14-15?

Then you say, Unless there is another way to get the Holy Ghost than which He Inspired the writer to pen???
So are you asking me is there another way to receive the Holy Spirit? As opposed to what? Ah! . . . Are you asking me, can we receive the Holy Spirit by another means – other than obedience?

Then you say, Did you locate the documentation of the proof???

What documentation are you talking about . . . and for the proof of what?
Did I say I was trying to locate a document for someone?

I think that is as far as I can go before we move on to the other paragraphs. Perhaps if you can tell me what you believe I have said for which you are offering an alternate point of view.

Cheers

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back