Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Do you believe everything in Acts is doctrinally for today

Do you believe everything in Acts is doctrinally for the church today?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I believe if you disbelieve what God says in his word,And make nasty comments and teach false documents. He's going to rebuke you.

If your here speaking of the Bible, your actually teaching someone wether you realize it or not. Putting lies out here is the same as teaching falsely
someone is going to read it and make their own judgements, yet it's still false teaching.
I know how to sell myself to people and i don't feel i need to.
These forums can be a terrible place to learn what the bible says.
And those that allow this without speaking up, thinking i just need to be nice to people, You need to stand up for truth. Jesus would and did.

Carrie

The Bible states the gifts of the Holy Spirit and he gives them to those who ask freely all he asks is that you use them in the right manner.

CarrieY said:
The Bible states the gifts of the Holy Spirit and he gives them to those who ask freely all he asks is that you use them in the right manner.

Carry,

Do you speak tongue?

CarrieY said:
I believe if you disbelieve what God says in his word,And make nasty comments and teach false documents. He's going to rebuke you.

If your here speaking of the Bible, your actually teaching someone wether you realize it or not. Putting lies out here is the same as teaching falsely
someone is going to read it and make their own judgements, yet it's still false teaching.
And those that allow this without speaking up, thinking i just need to be nice to people, You need to stand up for truth. Jesus would and did.

Carrie

John agrees with your first paragraphs 'message'. :fadein:
But where does the Holy Spirit give these gifts to those who ask freely? Your 'post' makes it sound like it is up to me?? (and unconditional) And.. I have never seen any one 'person' with all the gifts mentioned in the Word, I don't think?

And about tongues? I gave a verse where all of God's creation use the same language before the tower of Babel. Surely we know that God is not the author of confusion. What kind of universe would the Godhead have with the speech of angels being different than the other worlds of Heb.'s, if not total confusion? (other worlds in the plural)

By the way, that is why God uses the inspirational Word called Babylon in Rev. because the Revelation 17:1-5 ones have doctrines (plural!!) that is total confusion! :sad Sunday worship for almost all, pluss much, much more! It was the devil who said ye shall not surely die, and what do you hear in the church's???

CarrieY said:

I agree with you that those who falsely teach the bible will be judged by GOD. But it is up to GOD to judge these people, not you. You are to only prove or disprove what they are saying, not judge them. If you do not agree, you simple disagree and do not follow.

Matthew 7:1 - 5

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

I agree that your entire life and everything you say, do, or support should be, and is a witness to you being saved or just 'pretending to be'.

Proverbs 11:30

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Obviously it takes more than just telling someone that they're wrong to win them cause any unlearned and uncoothed person can tell someone that they're wrong.

Agreed, you shouldn't keep your truth hidden being scared that you might offend someone else.

Carrie

CarrieY said:
My posts are very heartfelt.
Is it right for Christians to reject the bible here?yet profess Jesus is their Lord? while i'm criticized for speaking up?

No

Am I to watch people Judge the Bible and God's word? You can't judge God. For God will judge you one day.

Agreed

The bible states And the books were open (judgement) those are the books of the bible. Not to mention the book of remembrance. For I believe God keeps track of your words and so forth.

I'm not familiar with the book of remembrance. Christ will open the Lamb's book of Life and the Book of the Law. Where is the book of remembrance? GOD does not remember anything that you repent AND ARE FORGIVEN of.

And i'm sorry i didn't judge unintentional . I've never read anything bad about the bible except here.

Don't really read a whole lot do you? Prayer in schools removed, removal of the 10 commandments from courtrooms, trying to remove "UNDER GOD" from the pledge, and trying to remove "IN GOD WE TRUST" from currency is all a slap in the face of the GOD, the bible, and our founding fathers.

And i think when you sit and watch people refer to it as the pauline ministry they're not new at this.
Therefore i judged intentional. It makes me mad!
And i may not doubt that Jesus might agree with me.

See the above post about judging. Also, the LAW(Torah) condemed a woman in John chapter 8 who had committed adultry. CAUGHT IN THE VERY ACT. Kinda hard to dispute that she WAS guilty.

John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

John 8:10 - 11
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Carrie

As you can see from most of my reply Carrie, I agree with most to almost all of what you are saying but the manner that you are presenting it automatically puts me(someone that DOES agree with you) on the defensive. What do you think it does to some of those that you are referring to as doing wrong? They are even more defensive than I am and don't listen to you or even ignore you completely. I agree with the message, just not the way it's presented.

John the Baptist said:
John here: I just want to comment on this. (not the poster, just the thought here)
I know a mature friend who told a few of us men that when he was a kid, he heard a man one Sat. nite, street preaching. He preached that 'you were going to hell if you did not change your ways'. I don't know what effect that, that had of Cliff, but he is now an Elder in a large church.

I've heard of a preacher that was driving in the middle of the country and felt led to stop and preach IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE with noone around. But he did, stopped and preached about a 15 minute sermon about GOD, his mercy, grace, forgiveness, and salvation. Unknown to him, there was a bum lieing in a culvert not too far away that heard every word and is now a preacher in this pastor's church. I'm not saying this doesn't have it's place, as evident by the man you know that was saved by someone preaching on the street corner. I'm just saying that you have a better chance of opening up someone's eyes to the truth by being their friend first and letting them see GOD in and through you, than by telling them they're going to Hell. Good post and reply John.

Do you believe everything in Acts is doctrinally for the church today?
Yes
54% [ 13 ]
No
45% [ 11 ]

Total Votes : 24

I find these percentages very troubling! :sad Why should anyone think much of your 'posts', you who are numbered in this 45% group?

It is no wonder that there is a Revelation 17:5 verse with a mother calling her ignorant children back home. If anyone believes any of Christ's Words? interesting how some say they 'believe', yet, do not believe Christ's Words. :crying:

---John

I have had a few words come out of my mouth that i didn't understand 2 or 3 times. I think i got scared and it stopped.
Am i saved? yeppers.
Am i allowed to get angry over disrespect for the bible? yep i am!
Jesus got mad at the temple over men selling and cheating people remember that? he tipped over their tables? I
It's a different anger though. it's a righteous anger I just listened to a speaker (bible teacher Kay Aurthur) talk about righteous anger.

in Malachi 3:16
Then those that feared the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was writtenin his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name.

in luke 10:10
But when you enter a town and are not welcome go into it's streets and say 11. Even the dust of your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off against you. Yet be sure of this: The Kingdom of God is near. 12. I tell you it will be more bearable on that day for sodom than for that town.

Luke 16. He who listens to you listens to me: he who rejects you rejects me:
He who rejects Him rejects him who sent me.

Your not allowed to Accuse the Bible as being untrue.
It's God's word and he's kept it preserved.
I can only speak what the word says it's up to the Holy spirit to convict you /them .
But if i speak that the Bible is true and you choose not to believe it then your sinning. Shouldn't we be talking to the ones calling Paul names?
or am i just an easier target, because you can't talk to paul himself. I have spoken about this before here but in seeing how they try to disapprove what you try to tell them and the bible itself, for any good scripture I say they find something to justify themselves. BUT IN THIS I AM NOT WRONG.
YOU CANNOT JUDGE GOD, AND IF YOU JUDGE PAUL YOU JUDGE THE ONE WHO ALSO SENT HIM.
I could care less if they ignore me, because they can't see it for themselves that they're in darkness, and darkness tries to hide from the light for fear they might see themselves as dirty. You can't see dirt in the dark, it's only when you go into the light you see your dirty stains.
Do you think i could talk like this and be unsaved?

I have a dream (wish) that maybe God helped me with , That for one day the whole world would stop and worship the Lord in song. all at the same time. And people being filled with the Holy Spirit and their hearts going up to God with tearful cries of Love to him. That would be awesome. He is an awesome God.
I'm not perfect or even good but it's not in my control right now. :smt022

I'm told God makes People to be judges, lawyers, moms,
I myself don't get involved to often in the world around me.
I am quiet and i just recently started getting more involved with what's going on in the world. If it weren't on the radio I wouldn't know about it.
I think God would rather me learn about him first before i tackle other things because that's all i seem to be doing.
I wonder what God will have me do?
I believe that God helped me write those rebuking remarks, he even gave me the word puzzle. he said through me you've made it a puzzle to yourselves.
Sometimes i get strong and forceful in my words and other times i want to be gentle. Sometimes i feel like God is there and he's making me feel better. I gaze into his eyes.
I heard last night when i was sleeping that Jesus has a seat saved for me.
He said i have a seat saved for you.
I hope he means at the feast in heaven, i'm not sure because i know when i go to church i tend to feel like i've picked my seating , and i try to get the same seat all the time, and they started reserving seats for the young ones and i lost my seat. :smt087

Carrie

CarrieY said:
in Malachi 3:16
Then those that feared the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was writtenin his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name.

This is the first I've heard of this scroll, but if you'll study more into it, you'll find that this is simply the Lamb's Book of Life(the book in which the names of the believers are written).

Your not allowed to Accuse the Bible as being untrue.

Yes we are, GOD gives us free will. We are 'allowed' to do anything we want. It's just not good for us at judgement if we do

BUT IN THIS I AM NOT WRONG.
YOU CANNOT JUDGE GOD, AND IF YOU JUDGE PAUL YOU JUDGE THE ONE WHO ALSO SENT HIM.

Agreed

I could care less if they ignore me, because they can't see it for themselves that they're in darkness, and darkness tries to hide from the light for fear they might see themselves as dirty. You can't see dirt in the dark, it's only when you go into the light you see your dirty stains.
Do you think i could talk like this and be unsaved?

Yes, no offense to you but the antichrist will be able to speak and do miracles as if he is Christ...otherwise noone will accept him. Satan can come to you as an angel of light.

I'm not perfect or even good but it's not in my control right now. :smt022

Not really sure what this means, but noone is perfect. All have sinned.

I'm told God makes People to be judges, lawyers, moms,

By whom or where? Most of the places i read we are called to be servants or as servants

I believe that God helped me write those rebuking remarks, he even gave me the word puzzle. he said through me you've made it a puzzle to yourselves.
Sometimes i get strong and forceful in my words and other times i want to be gentle. Sometimes i feel like God is there and he's making me feel better. I gaze into his eyes.
I heard last night when i was sleeping that Jesus has a seat saved for me.
He said i have a seat saved for you.

Ok, if a puzzle is what you're shooting for, you've definitely done it there.

Carrie

As I've stated earlier Carrie, I agree totally with most all of your posts just not the way they're presented. So I guess we agree on the message, just not the way you present it. I'll leave it at that.

Interesting thoughts by some I suppose? I believe that in Matthew 23:38 when Christ said DESOLATE, He meant that He was not in the the 'fold'. And in Joshua 7:12 last part of the verse we see a Truth stated that when there is OPEN sin in any fold that is left unattended, it also will find a Christ/less 'fold'.

And again as not to be misunderstood, there are Christ's people (His own) who are in ignorance in these folds. Yet there is NO scriptural way to put Christ inside of them! See John 10:16 telling us of His sheep who He MUST bring. If He were there, there would be no reason for their leaving would there.

Then again and again, we see a synagogue of satan in Revelation 3:9 who claim to be of Virgin doctrine, yet, who is their leader? Does one suppose that they know this? Hardly! :sad

Then we see again Revelation 17:1-5, who would claim that Christ is leading this abominable mother & her harlot daughters? Much less for Christ to be in these Christ/less folds!

I think that we best 'Wake up'!

---John

Re: Do you believe everything in Acts is doctrinally for tod

AVBunyan said:
Do you believe everything in Acts is doctrinally for the church today? And I mean every verse in Acts - is it doctrinally for you today?
The book of Acts is most interesting in the fact that since may people believed Christ changed the day of worship because of the cross....they now keep Sunday.

YET...the book of Acts shows that the disciples kept the 7th day sabbath, many, many times (84) !
In fact, the book of Acts records the observance of the 7th day sabbath more....than most of the other books of the Bible.

I believe that the Lord had this fact recorded, as to establish the validity of the 4th commandment, for the Christian age.

And, only true Christians will observe the 7th day sabbath to prove their love & loyalty to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Double whammy for me then. According to the trinitarians I'm not a 'true' Christian because I do not accept that Jesus is God. And now it seems I can't be a 'true' Christian because I'm not a sabbath keeper.

I'll let Christ be my judge. By God's grace I have been redeemed by Jesus' shed blood. Born again by the Spirit of the living God to walk in newness of life and to live in the righteousness that comes by faith in him who first loved me.

I don't have to do anything to prove my love and loyalty to Him. It is he who loves me. All I need to do is remain in Him as He is in me. As Jesus said, "I am the vine. You are the branches." It is those who remain in Christ who bring forth fruit that is pleasing to God.

mutzrein said:
Double whammy for me then. According to the trinitarians I'm not a 'true' Christian because I do not accept that Jesus is God. And now it seems I can't be a 'true' Christian because I'm not a sabbath keeper.

I'll let Christ be my judge. By God's grace I have been redeemed by Jesus' shed blood. Born again by the Spirit of the living God to walk in newness of life and to live in the righteousness that comes by faith in him who first loved me.

I don't have to do anything to prove my love and loyalty to Him. It is he who loves me. All I need to do is remain in Him as He is in me. As Jesus said, "I am the vine. You are the branches." It is those who remain in Christ who bring forth fruit that is pleasing to God.

John here:
Mutz.. this saddens me :sad . I like you. Of the many posters here, you come across as very sincere. Yet, how can love Christ & not OBEY HIS WORDS?? The thinking is why would I not want to when I LOVE HIM???

But:
It is not over yet, and as Christ prayed for Peter, we to will pray for each other, huh?
Yet, here is 'my' problem.. :crying: there were a goodly number of wasted years before I became useful to my Master. (and yes, I understand this wording of mine as His work because of my Love for Him! Phil. 4:13 & 2 Corinthians 12:9)
I often have feelings of remorse for leaving behind the evil that was seen & witnessed by others of me prior to this time, along with NO good seed sowing that I had done. And as I now believe, during the time of judgement, we will all see ones who might have been saved if we were not so slow to come around? (in the accurate heavenly record books Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 Daniel 7:9-10 And in Revelation 20:11-12 take note that these ones are ALL D-E-A-D. )

One of the shortest verses in the Masters Word also tells me that I too will experience this time of :crying: real tears! 1 Corinthians 6:2-3 Sure, this is before the 1000 years ends & the heavenly city descends and then 'all tears are wiped away'.

Then comes to mind, my family who I LOVE, & my kids who are grown? These accurate record books will tell the Truth of what my witness was, or is even today. DO 'i' REALLY LOVE MY MASTER and my family and children? You see, this is not much to most people, yet to me, it is.
Then there are some perhaps sincere folks who continually 'think' that a poster is judging them, when in all honesty it is the post that might be what is being judged. Even ALL of these posts, we will meet again in the 1000 year judgement.

John the Baptist said:
John here:
Mutz.. this saddens me :sad . I like you. Of the many posters here, you come across as very sincere. Yet, how can love Christ & not OBEY HIS WORDS?? The thinking is why would I not want to when I LOVE HIM???.

Exactly!! Thanks for that JtB

mutzrein said:
I'll let Christ be my judge.
He will be......
7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

By God's grace I have been redeemed by Jesus' shed blood. Born again by the Spirit of the living God to walk in newness of life and to live in the righteousness that comes by faith in him who first loved me.
faith in Him, is doing what He said to do.
NO MAN is born again, to continue to commit sin !
The old nature was to commit sinful practices, the new nature is to be like Jesus Christ and hate to commit sin, ever !

I don't have to do anything to prove my love and loyalty to Him.
That's right....just ignore what Jesus said: "IF..you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).

By disobeying the commands of God, man fell under the condemnation of His law.
This fall called for the grace of God to appear in behalf of sinners.
We should never have learned the meaning of this word "grace" had we not fallen.

God loves the sinless angels, who do His service, and are obedient to all His commands; but He does not give them grace.

These heavenly beings know naught of grace; they have never needed it; for they have never sinned.
Grace is an attribute of God shown to undeserving human beings.

We did not seek after it, but it was sent in search of us. God rejoices to bestow this grace upon every one who hungers for it.

To every one He presents terms of mercy, not because we are worthy, but because we are so utterly unworthy. Our need is the qualification which gives us the assurance that we shall receive this gift.

But God does not use His grace to make His law of none effect, or to take the place of His law. . . . God's grace and the law of His kingdom are in perfect harmony; they walk hand in hand.

Jay T

You and I obviously have a different view on righteousness. None is made righteous by observing the law.

As it says in Galatians 3: All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

mutzrein said:
Jay T

You and I obviously have a different view on righteousness. None is made righteous by observing the law.

John here: I doubt that you think that any one who is rightous 'In' (Romans 8:1) Christ & that truely loves Him will not Obey His 2 Corinthians 3:3 Epistle, do you??? Rightousness 'truely' comes from Christ alone, and the Obedience of 'OBSERVING HIS LAW' tells if our Faith is GENUINE or not? 1 John 2:4. See Revelation 3:16-17 for just some Love & it final outcome. :sad

And the below law that you have posted is not the 10 Commandments that Christ Himself wrote & requires His Born Again ones to Obey. Acts 5:32. Galatians 3:19 tell's of this added Law because of sin
that Moses wrote in a book, and that was placed 'in the side of the Ark', not 'inside' where the Eternal Covenant has always been! [ETERNALLY!] (in heaven's throne room)

Moses law, see Deuteronomy 31:9 & Deuteronomy 31:24-26. Check that verse 26 again for this Ark in heaven in Revelation 11:18-19 & verse 18 tells one what time in history that it is. And in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 we see what Eternal Law that we are to be jusdged by. As well as the James 2:8-12 N.T. verses. And for the Eternal Royal Covenant verses? See Hebrews 13:20. Everlasting as in Christ 'Epistle' Eternal law of Love. Surely you cannot truely believe that this Epistle of Christ is a 'curse'???

You do remember the vail that seperated the Holy Place & the MOST HOLY PLACE that went rent at Christ death? That made the way for our Master as our High Priest to enter into the Throne Room of heavens Sanctuary itself, (which was copied here on earth) There is still the Ark, Mercy Seat, and the Eternal Covenant in that Ark, there. Moses rituals were all pointing to these things, and were no longer useful, they were finished!. ***[/b]

As it says in Galatians 3: All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.[/color]" Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

mutzrein said:
Jay T

It is the person who has Jesus Christ in their lives who keep all 10 commandments......
1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

As it says in Galatians 3: All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."
Had you read your Bible, you'd have known that one Law was written in a book (Law of Moses).....while the 10 commandments were written on stone tablets (10 Commandments)
Clearly no one is justified before God by the law,
Well then, you' better throw out the Bible verse which says......
Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
The curse of the Law is eternal death....for breaking the Law (Romans 6:23).

mutzrein said:
Jay T

You and I obviously have a different view on righteousness.
The Bible defines Righteousness as keeping God's Commandments, (Psalms 119:172)

Jay T

I am acquainted with what scripture says. If you find inconsistencies between different scriptures then I suggest your premise is wrong.

mutzrein said:
Jay T

I am acquainted with what scripture says. If you find inconsistencies between different scriptures then I suggest your premise is wrong.

Hey mutz. If anyone can read all of the scriptures that are available and presented on this particular issue and come up with anything BUT inconsistencies I'll eat my hat.

Jay T (and others) provide scriptures all the time that exemplify God's commands and one's expected obedience to them. On the other hand, many people ignore those scriptures and opt for those that are - or seem to be - contrary to the 'if you love me, keep my commandments' scriptures.

Can you not see the glaring inconsistencies here? How would the newcomer to Christianity figure out these apparent discrepencies? Are we (Christians) to be obedient to God's commands or are we not? If we are then then why are we constantly at odds with each other? If we are not then what makes a Christian any different from a nonChristian?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back