Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you believe in aliens, if so how do you think they exist?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Not the infinite God of the Bible; All things exist in God's Infinite Mind like a "thought". It is God's power and will that "holds everything together":

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (Col. 1:17 NIV)

"for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said,`For we are also His offspring.' (Acts 17:28 NKJ)

God doesn't live in a place, all places exist in Him:

"But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built! (1 Ki. 8:27 NKJ)

Within God exists the "multiverse", the "heavenly realms where angels and spirits dwell", the "earthly realms where the humans and the physical stars and planets are", and "the unseen realm of Hades."

These realms are like parallel worlds separated from each other by a "dimensional barrier".

Isaiah 66:1
This is what the LORD says: Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool. Where could you possibly build a house for me? And where would my resting place be?

There is no doubt in my mind that the necessary arrangement of things so that life could form elsewhere in the universe is so large and needs to be so finely-tuned that it is impossible that it has. This is why, in part, many naturalistic/materialist scientists are so desperate for the fictional multi-verse to exist. If it doesn't, not only is the God Hypothesis the most plausible one available, but there is no hope for other beings existing elsewhere (in the natural/material realm).

There is no doubt in my mind that the necessary arrangement of things so that life could form elsewhere in the universe is so large and needs to be so finely-tuned that it is impossible that it has. This is why, in part, many naturalistic/materialist scientists are so desperate for the fictional multi-verse to exist. If it doesn't, not only is the God Hypothesis the most plausible one available, but there is no hope for other beings existing elsewhere (in the natural/material realm).
The God hypothesis would includes there is nothing impossible.

I don't but the aliens hypothesis ,but if said alien is that powerful to come here they can simply enslave us and naught could be done from us .

Most seem to see them as some benevolent beings to guide us .when it may not .the Bible says the whole creation was affected by our sin .

I grew up on sci Fi and to adore nasa .I see aliens as entertainment

Although not proven i think its highly probable going on billion and billions of galaxies and trillions of stars there is life out there, and i think more intelligent than humans because that cannot be not hard to beat.

Could the powers be hiding aliens from us?. Posibly, but they would have to be dumb aliens if humans havethe power to hide them and keep them a secret from the public.

Aliens, they so intelliegent they can make it to earth from some insane advanced technology, but somehow the human elites can secretly hide them from the public. Lol.

That is so ridiculous. It is possible but not probable.

I do not believe in the conspiracy theory the government has aliens.

I thibk it works more like the colonels secret recipe, each herb dont know what the other herb is doing so no herb knows what theother herb is doing and whats going on with such advanced technolgy and cannot figure it out because its top secret. Its not alien.

The God hypothesis would includes there is nothing impossible.

??? There are lots of things that are impossible, even for God: He can't lie, the Bible says, for example. God can't act contrary to His nature, either. He can't do things that are nonsensical, too, like create a round square, or make a rock so big He couldn't lift it, or produce a married bachelor.

??? There are lots of things that are impossible, even for God: He can't lie, the Bible says, for example. God can't act contrary to His nature, either. He can't do things that are nonsensical, too, like create a round square, or make a rock so big He couldn't lift it, or produce a married bachelor.
Matthew 19:26 "Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

And it's not that He can't sin, go contrary to His nature, or do things "nonsensical" (who's defining if it's nonsensical?), it's that He won't sin, and chooses not to sin, and will forever do so. Even a lesson for us, we should remain pure not because we can't become filthy, but because we forever choose to remain clean.

Matthew 19:26 "Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

And it's not that He can't sin, go contrary to His nature, or do things "nonsensical" (who's defining if it's nonsensical?), it's that He won't sin, and chooses not to sin, and will forever do so.

This isn't what the Bible indicates. It says God cannot lie (Titus 1:2), not that He chooses not to. There is "no darkness at all" in God (1 John 1:5), not because He chooses for it not to be in Him but because His very nature prevents darkness within Himself. He is Light, not merely chooses to be Light, and so darkness has never been in Him.

I don't believe God can do what is nonsensical, violating His own rules of Logic and principles of Reason. That God can do all things doesn't necessarily include things that are nonsensical, like making a round square (or vice versa).

This isn't what the Bible indicates. It says God cannot lie (Titus 1:2), not that He chooses not to.
Hmm, that may be a factor is what version your reading, the NIV for example says he does not lie, (which is a choice), along with the LEB, NLT, MOUNCE, NABRE, NCB, NIRV, YLT and more. Which doesn't mean He can't, he just doesn't, just like I don't eat cheese or I do not smoke, I can do so, but I don't.

So this calls to look in the original Greek for that word, "he cannot lie", or "does not lie". The word is apseudēs, which simply means without lie, or truthful. Just like my lungs are without smoke in it's system, or I am a non-smoker. It's a state of being not a inability.
I don't believe God can do what is nonsensical, violating His own rules of Logic and principles of Reason. That God can do all things doesn't necessarily include things that are nonsensical, like making a round square (or vice versa).
According to Matthew 19:26, your beliefs are nullified as they mean nothing in the presence of Scripture.

the NIV for example says he does not lie, (which is a choice),

??? Not necessarily. Deaf people do not tune pianos; blind people do not play golf; people born without arms and legs don't train in MMA. And so on. In these cases the nature of the person constrains their doing. So, too, God who cannot, by virtue of His nature, lie.

So this calls to look in the original Greek for that word, "he cannot lie", or "does not lie". The word is apseudēs, which simply means without lie, or truthful. Just like my lungs are without smoke in it's system, or I am a non-smoker. It's a state of being not a inability.

Greek Word: ἀψευδής
Transliteration: apseudēs
Phonetic Pronunciation:aps-yoo-dace'

Root: from <G1> (as a negative particle) and <G5579>

Vine's Words: Lie (Falsehood)

Usage Notes: English Words used in KJV:

that cannot lie 1
[Total Count: 1]

from <G1> (a) (as a negative particle)* and <G5579> (pseudos); veracious :- that cannot lie.

[*:- Alpha. Often used (usually an, before a vowel) also in composition (as a contraction from <G427> (aneu)) in the sense of privation; so in many words beginning with this letter; occasionally in the sense of union (as a contraction of <G260> (hama)).]

(Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.)

In Titus 1:2 apseudes is rendered, "cannot lie" because of the "a" prefix, signifying privation. Privation means "the condition of being without." Apseudes, then, can be understood to mean that God is without the capacity to lie. This makes more sense than to say God could lie, if He wished to. If God has the ability to do evil (lie), then we have to say it is part of God's nature, part of His divine capacities, to do evil; though God does not act upon this capacity for evil, He still possesses it as feature of who He is and thus cannot be said to be perfectly holy, without darkness at all (1 John 1:5).

??? Not necessarily. Deaf people do not tune pianos; blind people do not play golf; people born without arms and legs don't train in MMA. And so on. In these cases the nature of the person constrains their doing. So, too, God who cannot, by virtue of His nature, lie.
Still, those versions I listed use: "Do not lie", not, "Cannot lie". Like I said, I do not eat cheese. Not that I can't, but just will never disgrace myself like that. I do not murder, not that I can't, I just don't.
Greek Word: ἀψευδής
Transliteration: apseudēs
Phonetic Pronunciation:aps-yoo-dace'

Root: from <G1> (as a negative particle) and <G5579>

Vine's Words: Lie (Falsehood)

Usage Notes: English Words used in KJV:

that cannot lie 1
[Total Count: 1]

from <G1> (a) (as a negative particle)* and <G5579> (pseudos); veracious :- that cannot lie.

[*:- Alpha. Often used (usually an, before a vowel) also in composition (as a contraction from <G427> (aneu)) in the sense of privation; so in many words beginning with this letter; occasionally in the sense of union (as a contraction of <G260> (hama)).]

(Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.)

In Titus 1:2 apseudes is rendered, "cannot lie" because of the "a" prefix, signifying privation. Privation means "the condition of being without." Apseudes, then, can be understood to mean that God is without the capacity to lie. This makes more sense than to say God could lie, if He wished to. If God has the ability to do evil (lie), then we have to say it is part of God's nature, part of His divine capacities, to do evil; though God does not act upon this capacity for evil, He still possesses it as feature of who He is and thus cannot be said to be perfectly holy, without darkness at all (1 John 1:5).
I provided you with the same thing, whatever it is, whether He does not or cannot, we can agree that we will never find a lie in Christ, Amen?

I was just concerned with how nonchalant you said somethings are impossible to God, which is a contradiction to Matthew 19:26

You misconstrue Titus 1:2,

Why God cannot lie is because He made a promise. Not that it's impossible.

This isn't what the Bible indicates. It says God cannot lie (Titus 1:2), not that He chooses not to. There is "no darkness at all" in God (1 John 1:5), not because He chooses for it not to be in Him but because His very nature prevents darkness within Himself. He is Light, not merely chooses to be Light, and so darkness has never been in Him.

It was the promise made,

Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

You misconstrue Titus 1:2,

Why God cannot lie is because He made a promise. Not that it's impossible.

I gave an explanation from the text of Scripture in question why "cannot lie" is a reasonable rendering in English of apseudes. Also, I explained that a conception of God that allows for evil in His nature is totally contrary to what the Bible says about God's perfect holiness. Just flatly declaring that I've "miscontrued" Titus 1:2 does not by itself counter or negate what I pointed out. At all.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back