Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do You Believe In Dragons?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
handy said:
Komodo dragons rock! Big reptiles are always cool!

Aliens, like those on CE3rd, are part of popular culture. I truly think that some demons are cashing in on pop aliens as a way to terrorize people and yet not reveal their true nature. C.S. Lewis has a great thought on that, I'll have to dig it up.

As for dragons, the fire-breathing type, I can see the passage in Job referring to one, I truly can.
post that then, and also be aware that the chinese considered dragons good and we christians called them evil.

i wonder why. satan is called a fiery serpent btw.

Before the word Dinosaur was invented people just called them large lizards. The bible speaks of two different lizards, one that occupies the sea, and one that occupies the desert.

Pard said:
In Africa there is a creature that lives in the swamps and is so large that when it lays in the stream it creates a damn.

:biglol :clap :biglaugh :rolling

Damn, that's a big dragon laying in that damn. Pardon the pun, hey? :biglaugh

jasoncran said:
handy said:
Komodo dragons rock! Big reptiles are always cool!

Aliens, like those on CE3rd, are part of popular culture. I truly think that some demons are cashing in on pop aliens as a way to terrorize people and yet not reveal their true nature. C.S. Lewis has a great thought on that, I'll have to dig it up.

As for dragons, the fire-breathing type, I can see the passage in Job referring to one, I truly can.
post that then, and also be aware that the chinese considered dragons good and we christians called them evil.

i wonder why. satan is called a fiery serpent btw.

Job 41:

“His sneezes flash forth light, And his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.
“Out of his mouth go burning torches; Sparks of fire leap forth.
“Out of his nostrils smoke goes forth As from a boiling pot and burning rushes.
“His breath kindles coals, And a flame goes forth from his mouth.

See Jason... the Bible says the Leviathan breathed fire... Sounds like the dragon to me.

And when you say "christian" you mean medieval Europe, and more specifically England. Notice in their stories they never tried to be nice to the dragons? They just slaughtered them? If you are aggressive to something, it will be aggressive back to you. The Chinese were not aggressive, thus the dragon was not aggressive back. You are walking around with the preconceived view of dragons and dinosaurs that the evolutionists have. I'd lose it.

The Romanians liked their dragons on and off. The same with the Norse. Celtics revered the dragon and called him god. The Greeks feared the dragon and killed them, and so we see they also thought them to be evil. The Native Americans revered the dragon and called them friends. It is all a matter of perspective.

And very true mdo. Before the word "dinosaur" was invented they were called big lizards. However, they are not related to the lizard. Lizard legs stick out from the side of their body (as do the legs on every reptile). Dinosaurs have legs coming DOWN like mammals.

I highly doubt that the dragon spoke of in Job 41 is evil, since God is telling Job to go and look at this creature for it is a wonderful creation.

l'c,

Do you know the legend I speak of? I cannot think of the name of the creature, but it's name literally means "create that dams the stream when it lays down" or something like that.

Nope. Africa is a BIG place, and I don’t take much interest in African culture. Yeah, I know. I suck. :oops
I just thought your spelling error was funny. :biggrin

jasoncran said:
handy said:
Cranman, could it possibly be that you are mocking me? Moi?
i do find it odd that you who is the least prone to conspiracy would accept the dragon

the behomoth as dinosaur feasible, but not the dragon as in dungeons and dragons or the flick ring of fire.
or puff the magic dragon.

or the dragon in the hobbit
Why not?

handy said:
Considering that dragons appear in the history of just about every culture, and the fact that the Bible not only mentions dragons, but also give a fairly accurate description of them, I think it's safe to say that dragons, of some form or another, existed. Were they dinosaurs and is this a case of a rose by any other name? Possibly. But, if that is the case, it would still mean that dragons existed.
I have no choice but to agree.

watchman F said:
jasoncran said:
handy said:
Cranman, could it possibly be that you are mocking me? Moi?
i do find it odd that you who is the least prone to conspiracy would accept the dragon

the behomoth as dinosaur feasible, but not the dragon as in dungeons and dragons or the flick ring of fire.
or puff the magic dragon.

or the dragon in the hobbit
Why not?
lack of evidence as well we would find some large burnt areas from them killing or attacking.

fires in ciites often didnt go out, they burned till the material was gone

tiamat the babylonian god of creation is a dragon that was slain by gilgalmesh.

Pard said:
jasoncran said:
lack of evidence

Isn't God's Word more than enough evidence? :confused
for the d&D type?

google tiamat?

the tiamat dragon is the source for the d&D type.

if the stories have them as agressive as they english say then we should see that. hard to miss some town being burnt by a dragon!

Oh, I misunderstood you! I thought you were talking about dragons in general.

I never got into DnD. I just felt so embarrassed. :oops

No, I tend to think this dragon was docile. If we are to take what we know about reptiles we would have to conclude that they are not very aggressive, much more like Sweden than America :biggrin .

Also, why would God tell Job to set his eyes on a creature that could possibly see Job and try to harm him? That and based on the relatively few fossils found that are exceedingly large, we have to conclude that these dinosaurs/dragons were much like reptiles, in that they never stopped growing. If this is the case these creatures got large because they lived a VERY long time rather than grew quickly to that size, so their nature as a smaller animal would still come through.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back