Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do YOU have a crush on anyone?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mark Wahlberg. Still think of him as Marky Mark at times and he's aged better than fine wine. I love him in The Departed, one of the best Scorsese movies ever. Now I'm an old married woman, but still....what's not to like?
View attachment 1556

opps, realizing this is in "singles, courtship and dating". Nope, no dating for Mark and me, we're both happily married to others. Just a crush, someone to look out for in the DVD aisle! Marky is a cutie, but no patch on my Steve!

it used to be mariah carey in her early days for me, but now i choose not to have crushes. why ponder about something you cant have.

but i have had a crush on these from my sci-fi likes
amanda tapping
claudia black
racheal lutrell
terry ferell

I think my very first crush was the mouse from the movie 'the rescuers.' Then batman. Then 'face' from battlestar galactica (prior the A-team).

I was pretty young.

Mark Wahlberg is great isn't he. He's got heaps of presence.

it used to be mariah carey in her early days for me, but now i choose not to have crushes. why ponder about something you cant have.

but i have had a crush on these from my sci-fi likes
amanda tapping
claudia black
racheal lutrell
terry ferell

Why ponder about something you can't have? My real life crush is someone I hope to have someday. If it's God's will.

Huh?

ZQ is a celebrity crush.

My real life crush is a friend of mine.

i wasnt sure therefore i made that statement. With the way hollywood today is seldom would I actually want one of those persons in a relationship.

i can be physically atracted to a person but smart enough not to pursue, did that alot when i was single.
anyway, sorry to troll this thread. carry on.

Everyone knows that I have an sappy, sweet crush on our Moderator, Caroline H. Total BABE!!!

However, if we're talking celebrity crushes, like most I've had a few. However, I'll share only one.

Exibit A: Law and Order SVU's Stephanie March

Smart, caring, and to the point, not to mention on her way to the top and pretty to boot.

However, praise the Lord she understood we'd never be because I had my heart on another. I know it was hard for her to stay away, but really it was better this way.

Now that you've brought it up... I can't think of a celebrity that I have a crush on right now. Maybe I'm getting too old and dysfunctional.:sad It used to be Goldie Hahn years ago. Then, through my work, I actually got to meet her one day and sit down and have a little chat with her in her home when she lived out in the Pacific Palisades. What a thrill it is to actually meet a celebrity that you had a crush on in a more personal way than just seeing them at some event or when begging for an autograph! It was all I could do to keep from acting like a blubbering, slobbering idiot!

In real life, she's a very intelligent, sensitive, wonderful lady. Obviously the crush was just a fantasy, and she was married, so I wouldn't allow myself to even imagine trying to take it any further (or even mention it to her). But what a thrill it was to unexpectedly find myself sitting in the living room of a celebrity I had a crush on, just having a friendly conversation as if we were old time friends. In real life, she came across as a wonderful lady, and I wish her all the best!

But in a more real world... The last crush I had was on a lady that started coming to my church. (Much more realistic of a possibility than Goldie, and she was single too!) Then she disappeared never to be seen again. Guess it wasn't meant to be. I only hope it wasn't me that chased her off, but fear that because I look something like Shrek, it may have been!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Igor, you got to meet Goldie! I have always loved her, ever since her "Laugh-In" days and that's going back some. I've also heard that she is just as you describe her, intelligent, sensitive and wonderful. I bet it was a kick to meet her! Don't be hard on yourself, I would probably turn into a blubbering, slobbering idiot myself, and I'm an old married woman. :lol

... Don't be hard on yourself, I would probably turn into a blubbering, slobbering idiot myself, and I'm an old married woman. :lol

LOL! Ok, in that case, I guess I won't be too hard on myself. Thanks! And yes, it was a kick. One of those things that will never be forgotten!

The sister Adam Sandler ends up hooking up with in Big Daddy. I have had a crush on her since I was in like 6th grade.

I agree with Jason, I got a mild crush on Amanda Tapping, though I like her as Dr. Magus (Sanctuary) rahter than Samantha Carter (SG1). The long hair :thumbsup

I have a strange fascination with Lady Gaga. I have no love for her music or her taste in clothing, but for some reason she is mesmerizing to look at, I think because she is just SO goofy.

Oh... and who can forget Alison Kraus? Any woman who plays a fiddle and drives a pick up and likes bluegrass is awesome in my book!

she died her hair for that role its blond not black.

tapping is canadian and shes over 40. she is married and has two kids.

Sometimes I subconsciously try to find women that match women I have had crushes on...

Or maybe there is a certain feature that certain families possess and I happen to be attracted to such a feature subconsciously.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back