Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you have a "go to" bible verse?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Are there specific bible verses you find yourself going to on a regular basis? Or during specific times?

I have anxiety disorder so I find myself often taking a deep breath and repeating "be still and know I am God" Psalm 46:10

Also Psalm 91:7-15

In your stillness(Silence), pls do me an honor ...When you feel anxious with your thoughts, look at the words in your head, watch them whirl about in a circle around your brain(mind), slow them down as you watch them(put them into slow motion) and Ask, " Who is looking at these words?". Keep observing and asking, "Who is watching these thoughts swirl around in my mind?" It is You, the consciousness that emerges. You find the Sacred Spirit, the Creator of life there. Seek Him and He will find you. Then, you will suffer no more.

I know this sounds crazy, but please try it. I am earnest in my encouragement. Do this step by step in silence and, please, let me know if it works. Remember to say, "Jesus is Lord" if you have negative thoughts while meditating.

These 2 verses are on plaques on my desk at work, they have both helped me through times of high anxiety:

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (NIV)

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. (NIV)

In your stillness(Silence), pls do me an honor ...When you feel anxious with your thoughts, look at the words in your head, watch them whirl about in a circle around your brain(mind), slow them down as you watch them(put them into slow motion) and Ask, " Who is looking at these words?". Keep observing and asking, "Who is watching these thoughts swirl around in my mind?" It is You, the consciousness that emerges. You find the Sacred Spirit, the Creator of life there. Seek Him and He will find you. Then, you will suffer no more.

I know this sounds crazy, but please try it. I am earnest in my encouragement. Do this step by step in silence and, please, let me know if it works. Remember to say, "Jesus is Lord" if you have negative thoughts while meditating.

I will give that a try. There are usually a lot of words floating around in my head when I try to meditate

These 2 verses are on plaques on my desk at work, they have both helped me through times of high anxiety:

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (NIV)

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. (NIV)
Yes, those are good for high anxiety times, thanks for reminding me of them. Having them written on plaques is a great idea, I don't know why I haven't already done that.

Are there specific bible verses you find yourself going to on a regular basis? Or during specific times?

I have anxiety disorder so I find myself often taking a deep breath and repeating "be still and know I am God" Psalm 46:10

Also Psalm 91:7-15

Anxiety is a form of Mental Illness according to science.
It's actually faith that future events will come out bad. Another name for that is called Fear.
If the walls of the house are starting to crack because the foundation is shifted, then patching the cracks in the wall just hides the fact the whole thing will be coming down soon.

Mike.

Yes, I do have a favorite "go to" verse. And I love to "go to it" all the time. But the thing is? It's flexible.

That's not such a strange concept. Remember when you first began to study math? And you loved it because it had some consistency? None of those "English lessons" were needed where words would change their flavors all willy-nilly according to their context, right? Math was our friend. It stayed the same and didn't change.

What is 1 + 1? It's 2. It used to be 2, it IS two (2) and it will remain (2) but it will never be 'too' and it won't be 'to', either.

But then our precious math also betrayed us with the advent of Algebra when they introduced letters to our equations.

"3 + X = 7" (Yikes!)

WHY, OH Noooes! WHY, Oh why? WOULD THEY DO THAT?!? They could have said '4' if they wanted but they said "3 + X = 7"

Stupid X, stupid variables. It almost puts a goy off numbers entirely. And yes, I know that I called myself a gentile there. I am a Goy. Wanna make something of it? Huh? Do ya?

So to make a long story short[er] -- and before people come to unruffle my feathers and say, "Calm down, sparrow," to me; and to answer your question: My favorite Script[ure] from the Bible varies according to the still, small voice whisper as Given and the situation.

And if you're puzzled and scratching your head saying, "He said what?" after reading that? Just do it again. No worries. If you red fast, read slower. If you red slow? Read it faster. You're not the only one who reads what I typo so well and comes away slightly puzzled. It's okay. You'll finger it out.

Last edited:
patching the cracks in the wall just hides the fact the whole thing will be coming down soon.

Mike.

Don't leave it at that, brother M. At least tell them they are worth more than many sparrows. Sheesh! God's love and our trust in that love is what it's all about. It's not the Hokey Pokey and it's not about putting your left foot in anymore. It's not about shaking it or our little dance moves.

It's about HIM and His 'truthworthyness' and His trustworthiness too. It becomes about us in a way, our God-Trust (faith) is part of what it's about, but that too comes from Him... but it's not about fear or anxiety or "negative self worth" or "negative self-image" (don't get me started!) anymore! Not anymore. Actually, it never was. And t-t-th-that's the Good News. Whew! What a relief, right? :yes

Hey CE! I think He was talking about ME when he mentioned the base things of the world. But maybe it was you? It could be us, yeah. That's the ticket. He was talking about us, right?

Anxiety is a form of Mental Illness according to science.
It's actually faith that future events will come out bad. Another name for that is called Fear.
If the walls of the house are starting to crack because the foundation is shifted, then patching the cracks in the wall just hides the fact the whole thing will be coming down soon.

Mike.
I have anxiety.
And when it comes upon me, I know ahead of time what will happen if I don't do something about it.
But you call that fear?
Faith in fear?
Do you have fear when you know what will happen in future events in the Bible, such as described in Revelation?
It's becoming quite clear that you only see things in black and white.

I have anxiety.
And when it comes upon me, I know ahead of time what will happen if I don't do something about it.
But you call that fear?
Faith in fear?
Do you have fear when you know what will happen in future events in the Bible, such as described in Revelation?
It's becoming quite clear that you only see things in black and white.

Fear is fear, and fear is a powerful form of faith in the devil and his abilities. It's black and white, when a person is thinking and meditating on, getting bent out of shape over something in their thoughts they think won't end well. It's not even happened yet, and most the time they are presented with several options on how it can end badly, the devil just needs them to pick one that sounds reasonable enough.

The disciples saw the water coming in the boat, they saw the choppy water and storm coming. They started to paint a bad picture of the outcome, and told Jesus (Don't you care that we perish?) Their outcome was death. Jesus said we are going to the other side, those words alone should have put them at ease.

I don't have any fear of Revelation, or anything going on in the earth. It ends good for me, no matter what happens.

Now, fear will try to attach itself, and everyone has buttons the devil can push. That don't mean we have to loose our peace over it, or keep it on our mind.

However, you missed my point, and have said the same thing as the OP, which is not getting off to a very good start.

Mike.

Fear is fear, and fear is a powerful form of faith in the devil and his abilities. It's black and white, when a person is thinking and meditating on, getting bent out of shape over something in their thoughts they think won't end well. It's not even happened yet, and most the time they are presented with several options on how it can end badly, the devil just needs them to pick one that sounds reasonable enough.

The disciples saw the water coming in the boat, they saw the choppy water and storm coming. They started to paint a bad picture of the outcome, and told Jesus (Don't you care that we perish?) Their outcome was death. Jesus said we are going to the other side, those words alone should have put them at ease.

I don't have any fear of Revelation, or anything going on in the earth. It ends good for me, no matter what happens.

Now, fear will try to attach itself, and everyone has buttons the devil can push. That don't mean we have to loose our peace over it, or keep it on our mind.

However, you missed my point, and have said the same thing as the OP, which is not getting off to a very good start.

Mike.
I believe I understand your point entirely.
You think you understand anxiety enough to describe it as fear.
Considering that there are many types of anxiety, I would say you must be an expert on the subject.

I think it would be good for you to tell us how you once faced fear and thought of it as having a terrible ending and how you overcame it.
And if you've told us before, then tell us again.

Considering that there are many types of anxiety, I would say you must be an expert on the subject.

I think it would be good for you to tell us how you once faced fear and thought of it as having a terrible ending and how you overcame it.
I have undergone a couple of MAJOR dismantlings in my life, AFTER I was saved. The first time, I thought it was the devil. I just knew for sure it was. I was WRONG.

The second time, I finally figured out it was the chastisement and tribulations of God that can not be stopped. And yes, it did cause me extreme anxiety, beyond what any "works of the devil" could do. IN the last episode, I knew well in advance what was coming, Divinely So, and was helpless to stop it, though I tried with all my might. I even developed various stress disorders. Sleep issues, pacing, inability to concentrate for longer periods, and having these physical issues take on what was "a manipulating life" of it's own by having "any stress" whatsoever, having lived my entire life handling massive stress situations, deftly, adroitly, and legally, forcefully, having the power and authority to do whatever I set my hands to do.

I learned that I had to set aside the ways of the world, entirely, as they ARE corrupt. And to put aside any stress issue, put it away solidly, to the side, and not let them return. I was sitting on the front porch one day, sun shining, having done what I was directed to do, and feeling the stress fall right out of my feet, out of my body. And my peace returned to me.

And this helped, but I also learned to fear my Maker in the process. More fear than I thought possible, because I knew it was not satanic, but Divine chastisement. Even though I could see no legitimate basis for it, that I might have caused. I learned my own personal "Job" lesson. Not quite the same, but close enough in my eyes.

It was basically a Steam Roller sent from Heaven that could not be stopped, that SHOWED me Divine Superiority on the adverse sides of the ledgers. These are not the most fun exercises of life. I do not blame "any" person that was involved in these things, even though it would have been easy for me to see many of them as my enemy. They were not. They were pawns of God, exercising His Adverse Authority over me.

When the "world" turns against you, you know God in Christ better than you did before.

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? Uh, no. Not in this present life. We ARE slated for permanent change, as noted here, by Paul:

Philippians 3:21
Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

I received some first hand scriptural lessons of what this is all about. It's not a picnic. It's DEADLY real.

I think real Anxiety is classified as a mental illness. Anxiety comes from the feeling of loss of control. A person in a crowded room for example may see all the people moving, talking, they start to blend together, then a constant sound, to much sensory input, what are others thinking about you, are they talking about you. The heart starts to race, you sweat, now your focused on your loud heart beat, feeling light headed. The biggest fear of panic attacks is not knowing when the next one is coming, but Anxiety is normally tied to phobia's, such as being self conscience, having to have things perfect, Worry about things that don't make sense, and most likely won't happen. Worry about things that do make sense, what can go wrong, will go wrong (Horrible saying) Anxiety is a byproduct of the root of something else. The end result though is feeling out of control, and fear, even if it's just a plain panic attack for no reason.

So, fear, is fear, is fear, and any type or form of fear, all rooted in the fear of death is not good.

Most recent experience where fear attempted to get a hold of me, and what I did.
Missing Daughter
Wife's friend came over with her 8 year old daughter, and my 8 year old daughter was playing with her in the back bedroom. Us "Grown Ups" were in the living room just talking. The girls had been quite for awhile, so my wife goes check to check on them, and they are gone. The screen was taken out of the window.

So, we all go outside and start calling their names, but no answer and not trace of them. The wife and her friend jump in the car to drive down the street (Which there are only two, since we live out of town) and I went looking around by the woods and apartment buildings.

Thoughts that came:
Some sick person grabbed them that lived in one of these apartment buildings.
Someone grabbed them and drove off with them.
They might have tried to go in the woods, and got lost, or hurt.
I might not see my daughter again.
What if my daughter was grabbed and she is calling for my help.

All these thoughts come flooding in as I am calling for the girls. However, not my first rodeo messing with the devil. When my wife and friend got back, they told me they did not see them anywhere, and drove all over. They took off again to look one more time.

Now, I was done with the whole thing, I told the devil I am done looking, I am going inside because God knows where my daughter is at. She has an angel nobody is going to get through anyway, and I am not doing a thing, until I hear the Lord on this matter.

So, I just went and asked the Lord on what to do, and I am not doing a thing until I hear. Any fear, or panic will stop your ability to hear the Holy Spirit, it will stop any ability of God, because fear and panic is not trusting God, it's trusting in the devil to accomplish what he would like to do in your life.

As soon as I got quite, the Lord spoke to me. He said, "I have sent someone to stop the girls, now call the police."

Now I have peace, I know what to do, and it's fixed already. My wife and her friend pull up again, they said no sign of the girls, I said, "The Lord has sent someone to stop them, call the police."

So, they called the Branson Police, and the dispatcher told my wife's friend she has someone that she just hung up with who is holding two little girls near the Highway, and she is waiting on a officer. She gave us where they were at, so the wife and her friend left to meet the officer and person who had stopped the girls.

My wife and friend find the car on the side of the road, it was another mother with her kids who stopped when she saw my daughter and her friend walking, way out along the highway. They picked up our kids, and brought them home and the police had a good talking with my daughter and her friend. The plan was to walk to my daughters friends house, which would have taken them all day, and my daughters friend does not even know how to get to her house, but at 8 years old, it sounded like a great plan.

So, it's been a very long time since I had to deal with fear. I am not moved by much, but the devil found a button to press called my daughter. Despite How I felt, I know spiritual laws, and had to just follow the Word, get in peace, refuse to act on how I felt inside, and get direction. I am not going to let the devil see me sweat or worry.

Blessings.

Mike.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back