Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you hear voices?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jeff77

This is meant to be a fun thread and feel free to add to it.
So, do you hear voices.....when reading post from the members of the site I noticed that I will sort of match the personality of the poster with a character from a movie and/or someone I know personally (like in my family). Some are easy because of the avatar and an obvious style of writing and some are not so easy.

Jethro Bodine - Anton from "No Country For Old Men"

Deborah - Marge Simpson from the Simpsons tv show. Let me explain why. The character Marge Simpson is a level headed middle aged women that is often dealing with some people that are not so level headed around her.

Christ_Empowered - One of the kids from the show South Park, but not Cartman. Mostly because of his cartoon character avatar.

Jason - The military/commando grounds keeper character in the movie "Caddy Shack" played by Bill Murray.

Rollo Tamasi - Kevin Spacey from "Horrible Bosses"

TOB - One of the characters from "Monty Python and The Holy Grail" but I can't quite figure out why?

tbTaylor - One of the grumpy old guys, but not necessarily from the movie.

WillieT - I haven't figured it out yet, but it's definitely there. EDIT (he sounds like someone that is pretty cool or "hip" for his age)

TOG - I am thinking maybe one of the penguins from the "Madagascar" tv show. He is always coming up with a plan to escape from the zoo and it always involves a lot of mathematical formulas.

Questdriven - One of the character voices from the tv show "Avatar the Last Air Bender".

reba - This is a hard one because she calls herself "grandma" sometimes, but she doesn't look more than 6 years old in her avatar.

Gary - Another one that I haven't figured out yet but I definitely hear someone when I read his post.

I'll admit it... Kramer from Seinfeld. (Actually, I'm more like Jed Clampet.)

Last edited:
I see Jesse as Wesley Crusher on Star Trek.... except he doesn't look anything like him.

I see Jesse as Wesley Crusher on Star Trek.... except he doesn't look anything like him.
gah, don't insult that man. crusher is q like and cant die easily. he is one of the travelers.

lol. i would be close to these:
captain worf. spock at times, Daniel Jackson, Todd the wraithe, col John sheppard,teal'c.

im closest to the Klingons. lol. i have been called that a time or two.

The ones I hear are just really general...like a young adult man or woman, usually, or sometimes an old guy or something. Guess my imagination is boring.
questdriven:
naturo, sonic the hedge hog, sally from that series, lisa hayes hunter from robotech, though if quest served in the navy as a pilot was old enough that would fit real well.

I see Gloria on Touched by an Angel whenever I read some of Questdriven's posts. (Well, in another twenty or thirty years)

MV5BMTM3NTY3MTg5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUxMTc3MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Last edited:
reba: at times adele my grandma, my grandpa john, she has said thing like he did. adele was a die hard liberal,lol. yet would tell you what she thought whether you wanted to know or not.

WillieT that is very accurate. Your descriptions so far are beyond anything I could come up with. It's like you have 6th sense for this type of thing lol.
Then, I'll quit while I'm ahead.

I hear Christian Bale when I read Jason's posts.
Willie has a southern accent - a little bit twangy.
reba sounds like Betty White (but not that old)
I think Rollo sounds sort of like Donald Trump, and even has the comb over, but he has a New York accent, too.

Edward sounds like pretty much like his post, he has a bit of redneck in him but not a strong accent like people from Texas do. I can verify that because I actually met Edward last year.

tbTaylor has the strongest redneck accent on the forum. That's from reading his post (I have never actually heard his voice)

Edward sounds like pretty much like his post, he has a bit of redneck in him but not a strong accent like people from Texas do. I can verify that because I actually met Edward last year.

tbTaylor has the strongest redneck accent on the forum. That's from reading his post (I have never actually heard his voice)
You could listen to Bill's mp3 here on the forum, he has a really nice voice.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back