Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you know for a fact you will go to Heaven when you die, and why?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
All kinds of people believe there going to Heaven or Hell when they die. Some are afraid to discuss it perhaps. Some just take a wild guess. Others are not so sure. Some are certain. Some only hope. I like to use this thread to find out where people think their going after death, and why they believe what they believe???

All kinds of people believe there going to Heaven or Hell when they die. Some are afraid to discuss it perhaps. Some just take a wild guess. Others are not so sure. Some are certain. Some only hope. I like to use this thread to find out where people think their going after death, and why they believe what they believe???

Where I'm going after death is to the grave, that is until the Lord resurrects me to the resurrection of life. There, with others of faith we will rule and reign on the earth with Christ teaching the world his ways and Laws. That's the perfect government of God. Of course we will have access to the heavenlies, but the first priority is to fulfill the feast of Tabernacles (which is coming up BTW) as a prophetic forerunner of the millennial Kingdom. So, it's not about "dying and going to heaven" at all.

As for hell, nobody is there yet, because nobody faced the final judgment or sentencing yet. When they are cast into that lake of fire, they will be burned up and both body and soul will be destroyed like the bible says. That's the second death.

Source: The Bible

Where I'm going after death is to the grave, that is until the Lord resurrects me to the resurrection of life. There, with others of faith we will rule and reign on the earth with Christ teaching the world his ways and Laws. That's the perfect government of God. Of course we will have access to the heavenlies, but the first priority is to fulfill the feast of Tabernacles (which is coming up BTW) as a prophetic forerunner of the millennial Kingdom. So, it's not about "dying and going to heaven" at all.

As for hell, nobody is there yet, because nobody faced the final judgment or sentencing yet. When they are cast into that lake of fire, they will be burned up and both body and soul will be destroyed like the bible says. That's the second death.

Source: The Bible

I take it, that you believe in "annihilation," rather than eternal separation from God, and eternal punishment ?

Yes, a person is annihilated, but that's the same as eternal punishment and everlasting fire. The results are forever, and there's no coming back.

Most except that there's some form of eternal punishment involved. But, I realize there is some controversy over this subject...

Based on nothing more than answered prayer in my life - combined with that which I find in the Bible, I am comfortable that I'm going to heaven.

God once even spoke to me, almost audibly, when I was feeling separated from Him. It was on a drive home on May 22, 1994. I'd become convinced that I'd sinned my way out of His reach... and He responded in no uncertain terms, that this was simply not true.

Pizzaguy
(Nothing I have written is intended to convince anyone of anything - it convinced me, and I felt compelled to share it.)

Based on nothing more than answered prayer in my life - combined with that which I find in the Bible, I am comfortable that I'm going to heaven.

God once even spoke to me, almost audibly, when I was feeling separated from Him. It was on a drive home on May 22, 1994. I'd become convinced that I'd sinned my way out of His reach... and He responded in no uncertain terms, that this was simply not true.

Pizzaguy
(Nothing I have written is intended to convince anyone of anything - it convinced me, and I felt compelled to share it.)
I have no doubt you are right with God, Pizzaguy. I always enjoy our posts with their insightful spirituality. A non-saved person would not impress me like that.

Of course I do!!

Sure I do - Salvation is by FAITH, and FAITH is the SUBSTANCE (reality) of the things hoped for, and the EVIDENCE (Proof of the existence) of the things not seen. And I KNOW WHOM I have believed and am persuaded that HE is able to KEEP that which I've committed unto HIM - against that day. When HE met me 20 years ago (just before the FIRST Open heart) HE let me know, in terms I could understand, that everything was "O.K." He DIDN'T let me know whether I'd survive the operation, but somehow that didn't seem so important. I was O.K. and the family was O.K.

Hey - I'm a Christian - been one for 50 years, walking with Him. SO when I die I have to go to heaven, there isn't any other place for Christians TO go. It's NOT a "Goal" - it's simply a "Destination".

Death is getting closer now, and there's no dread of the "Transition" (other than I'm hoping that it won't hurt too much for too long - Angina HURTS!!!!). Tonight would be fine.

I have no doubt at all. I have great expectations, because I'm certain my God will not withdraw His Promise.

John 5 said:
I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Do you remember what it was like before you were born, or even conceived? That's what I believe happens when you die... nothing. A complete shutdown of all brain activity means "you" simply cease to exist. I don't want to get into a debate over mind/body duality but I'll just say I don't believe it. This view makes this life much more valuable and love that much more meaningful because you know that this is your one chance and when you loose someone you love they are gone and you will never see them again. You have to make the most of the one finite life you have and work towards making the world a better place for future generations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you remember what it was like before you were born, or even conceived? That's what I believe happens when you die... nothing. A complete shutdown of all brain activity means "you" simply cease to exist. I don't want to get into a debate over mind/body duality but I'll just say I don't believe it. This view makes this life much more valuable and love that much more meaningful because you know that this is your one chance and when you loose someone you love they are gone and you will never see them again. You have to make the most of the one finite life you have and work towards making the world a better place for future generations.

You better "pray" to "God" that your right...

Re: Of course I do!!

Sure I do - Salvation is by FAITH, and FAITH is the SUBSTANCE (reality) of the things hoped for, and the EVIDENCE (Proof of the existence) of the things not seen. And I KNOW WHOM I have believed and am persuaded that HE is able to KEEP that which I've committed unto HIM - against that day. When HE met me 20 years ago (just before the FIRST Open heart) HE let me know, in terms I could understand, that everything was "O.K." He DIDN'T let me know whether I'd survive the operation, but somehow that didn't seem so important. I was O.K. and the family was O.K.

Hey - I'm a Christian - been one for 50 years, walking with Him. SO when I die I have to go to heaven, there isn't any other place for Christians TO go. It's NOT a "Goal" - it's simply a "Destination".

Death is getting closer now, and there's no dread of the "Transition" (other than I'm hoping that it won't hurt too much for too long - Angina HURTS!!!!). Tonight would be fine.

You have a GREAT attitude that relates well to the truth. AMEN!!!

I don't think you understood. I refuse to play an impossible game because in such a game it is impossible to win. Its not because "I might loose" it's because everyone who plays inevitable loses and it is pointless to play.

That's religion, it's an impossible game. That statement is essentially in response to "pascals wager", I'm sure you are familiar with it.

@OP

what I will do to answer your question is we can discuss this in heaven or if not, I will try to get a message to you.

I don't think you understood. I refuse to play an impossible game because in such a game it is impossible to win. Its not because "I might loose" it's because everyone who plays inevitable loses and it is pointless to play.

That's religion, it's an impossible game. That statement is essentially in response to "pascals wager", I'm sure you are familiar with it.

Why do you presume a "lose" "lose" position? When a positive provision has been offered, as opposed to a negative result???

There are many religions. Not only that, just in the christian religion there are many denominations and subdenominations under them, each condemning the others in some way.

Look at them all as a path leading away from you, there are hundreds of paths to choose from. So you choose one and walk along it, on the way you find people telling you that this is the right path but they can't tell you how far you have to go. You soon realise that each path is equally likely to lead you where you want to be and along every path there are people who will tell you that theirs is the right one and that others are wrong. You can spend your whole life on one path and find nothing at the end, or you can spend your life trying many paths, the time you spend on each path is divided by how many paths you take and you never reach the end of most of them, and in the end the one you finally choose may still be the wrong one.

It is an impossible game, one which I refuse to play.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back