Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you support OSAS(once saved always saved)?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If you put 10 people in a room and give them two verses.Their could possibly been 10 different opinions.Who is to say that they are the only one who are right?Isn't that pride? I would never do that.People debate for pages and pages.They want everyone else to think that they are the only one who is right.

The Scripture will tell you who is right.

I'm not giving opinions, they contradict Scripture. I form my doctrines inductively from the Scriptures, there is no room for opinions in my doctrines. My opinion means nothing. The Scriptures mean one thing and one thing only. It's my Job to find out what the is regardless of my opinion.
Got questions does not have false doctrine or I would not go on it.

I'm not giving opinions, they contradict Scripture. I form my doctrines inductively from the Scriptures, there is no room for opinions in my doctrines. My opinion means nothing. The Scriptures mean one thing and one thing only. It's my Job to find out what that is regardless of my opinion.

And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:26

I know the truth and God knows that I know the truth that is what is important to me.

But you said Got Question doesn't have false doctrine. Some of their teaching contradicts the Scriptures. If you agree that they have no false doctrine then you have to contradict the Scriptures.

But you said Got Question doesn't have false doctrine. Some of their teaching contradicts the Scriptures. If you agree that they have no false doctrine then you have to contradict the Scriptures.
If they had false doctrine the Mods on here would not allow me to post their information.

If they had false doctrine the Mods on here would not allow me to post their information.

I wouldn't call it a false doctrine site. Some Christians believe many of the same things posted there. In fact, I agree with several of the things they say, but not all of them.
We all try our best to rightly divide the word.
I never feel I am above listening to someone else's point of view. Some of mine have been changed by wiser people than I am right here on this site. But other things have not changed.

Got questions is a Pretrib site.If one is not Pretrib they might not agree with everything that they have to say.As far as false doctrine that is not true.I have read many,many articles by them and I have not found anything that is false.

Got questions is a Pretrib site.If one is not Pretrib they might not agree with everything that they have to say.As far as false doctrine that is not true.I have read many,many articles by them and I have not found anything that is false.

With me it has nothing to do with them being pretrib. That's minor stuff, it is not the day to day living for God, we think about God and what He does in our lives. And trib. views have nothing to do with ones salvation.

I know this is hard to understand, but not believing in OSAS does NOT mean one believes that justification is by works. That is impossible. It is impossible to work yourself out of the debt of sin we have with God. IMPOSSIBLE.

What non-OSAS means is you are responsible to place your trust in God's forgiveness through the power of faith he gives to do that. Most people choose not to. A few do. A few of them continue in that trusting to the very end and are saved.

As long as your trust lies in Christ's finished work you have the assurance of your salvation and redemption on the Day of Wrath. Stop having trusting in Christ's finished work and you no longer have that assurance. The Bible is crystal clear about this.

You are trusting in your trust, rather than in the power of God to save. If you doubt for a moment, does that mean you lose your salvation. One only has to think of a child. Often if they get punished, maybe more than the siblings, they begin to think they are adopted. They feel that they are not the natural children of God. Yet, if they really thought about it, even adopted children are full children of the parents. And just because you doubt your parents love for you, doesn't mean they stop being your parents. Your thoughts and actions never stop your parents from being your parents.
To extend this metaphor a bit, I know I am a child of the King. Do you know how I know that?

"In love 5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, " Eph. 1:4b-7

"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” Romans 8:15

"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”" Gal 3:4-6

I also know by these verses and many others that God has adopted me, I did not adopt or chose him. I don't trust in my trust, I trust in the mercy and sovereignty of God!

I believe it in context, do you?

Yes the context is never dying, if you believe in Jesus.

That goes for everyone.

Everyone's body dies, except those who go in the Rapture.

As Jesus taught us Abraham was not dead.

Lazarus was not dead.

The Old Testament saints down in the heart of the earth were not dead.

As God told Moses at the burning bush, God, is the God of the living and not the dead.

Moses body had died, yet we see him speaking with Jesus and Elijah.

Moses is alive.

Abraham is alive.

All who believe in Jesus are alive, though their bodies have died, they themselves are alive with the Lord, in heaven.

JLB

You are trusting in your trust, rather than in the power of God to save. If you doubt for a moment, does that mean you lose your salvation.
I think God knows the difference between a reaction out of human weakness and a change of heart.

Wow! This thread really took off overnight. I had to do a little cleaning up. Let's be careful with the personal accusations please.

7) Do not post opinions of another member's claim of Christian faith. (ToS 2.4)
Publicly judging someone as not being a Christian and/or not following Christ unless they themselves claim not be a Christian is disallowed. That's between them and the Lord. This includes judgments against collective beliefs or groups in general.

ToS 2.4:
No Trolling. Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

It is a violation to misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not flood a forum or thread with similar posts, or many posts in succession. Allow others a chance to speak and be heard. If you are responding to multiple posts in the same thread, please consider using the multi-quote feature. Please refrain from taking a thread too far off topic. Slight tangents are ok, but we prefer to keep threads as they have been defined in the OP (Original Post).

Also, let's drop the off topic discussion regarding a particular website. Open a new thread if you wish to continue that discussion please.

:topic

You are trusting in your trust, rather than in the power of God to save.
How do I access this power of God to save?

Romans 5:1-2 NIV

If you doubt for a moment, does that mean you lose your salvation.
No.
When my doubt in, and/or, contempt for Christ's blood to forgive my sins leads me back into a wholesale life of sin, that is when salvation is in jeopardy.

One only has to think of a child. Often if they get punished, maybe more than the siblings, they begin to think they are adopted. They feel that they are not the natural children of God. Yet, if they really thought about it, even adopted children are full children of the parents. And just because you doubt your parents love for you, doesn't mean they stop being your parents. Your thoughts and actions never stop your parents from being your parents.
The Bible won't let us extend the analogy of adopted children remaining the children of the adoptive parents no matter what the children do. Paul warned the adopted children of God at Galatia not to go back to the slavery of dependence on law observance for justification or else they would make the Christ they accepted (Galatians 1:9 NASB), which filled them with the Holy Spirit (Galatians 3:2 NASB), of no effect for them (Galatians 5:1-2 NASB) in regards to justification (Galatians 5:4-5 NASB).

He warns these children of God that they can not inherit the promise if they become slaves using Hagar and Sarah to illustrate that truth (Galatians 4:30-31 NASB). OSAS says if they become slaves again that they were never children of God to begin with. But we see Paul warning these Spirit filled people not to fall back into the slavery, which OSAS says would show they were never saved to begin with, or else make Christ of no value to them in justification and unable to gain the inheritance that only belongs to the children of God.

To extend this metaphor a bit, I know I am a child of the King. Do you know how I know that?

"In love 5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, " Eph. 1:4b-7
IOW, you have faith that this is true. You trust that what you read is true. But obviously you would not find comfort and assurance in the passage if you did not have faith that they were true. It is indeed all about faith, and trusting that what God said is true.

"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” Romans 8:15

"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”" Gal 3:4-6

I also know by these verses and many others that God has adopted me, I did not adopt or chose him. I don't trust in my trust, I trust in the mercy and sovereignty of God!
You trust in the mercy of God. That is what you are supposed to do. But somewhere along the line 'doing' that suddenly became an evil work of the flesh.

This is why I say a fundamental misunderstanding of Paul's grace/works doctrine is what gives strength to these 'I'm saved and there's nothing I can do about it' doctrines that presently grip the church (as a whole, Deborah, I'm certainly not included in that. It's a generalization.).

Thinking that you are the one that does the work of believing (albeit with loads and loads of God's gracious help that makes that believing possible) is NOT to think that justification is by the works that Paul says can not justify. But if I'm wrong, somebody please show me where Paul said even the 'work' of believing, which he contrasts with all other work, actually is included in the works that can not justify.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back