Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do Your Dreams Mean Something?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So it would take place in random places, a city, a ranch, country side, etc. So i would be walking sometimes by my self, sometimes with a son (at the time i didn't have a son). and i would have a group of people i knew sometimes, and sometimes random people, or sometimes even by my self. And i would walk and there would be no one near by.. NO ONE. like if the earth was empty and i was the only one. However someone from my group would scream and be murdered on the spot, but dark shadows or hideous creatures that looked human. so my first instinct would be to run, and try to find shelter or cover. I wasn't able to do anything else in my dream but this, but i would either lock my self and some people i could, or by my self, in a ranch, in a skyskraper building, a castle, wherever my dream took place for some reason. And i would lock the front door, and there would be peace for a quite moment, however there was this scary sound, like i couldn't even begin to explain and the door would start opening again. So we or my self would run to the back of the house, or to the top of the giant buildings, or even to the top of the castle. And when i go to the top or the back , i would look out a window, we would be in peace for a little while, and i rememeber seeing darkness. burning cities, decayed plants and decayed everything. Eventually it would either be just me, me and my son, or me and my son and my best friend, or even with the girlfriend. And the evil creatures/shadows would finally go to where we are and break in, and i would remember feeling this type of strength at the end of this dream or even fear as we we're hiding. When the door finally broke open, i would wake up from my dream in panic or fright.

I believe this to be an attack of the devil on your life and the Lord is protecting you in his fortress or high tower strengthening you until a time when you will be ready to face whatever this is

If you dont mind, I would like to take a shot at your dream?
In my dreams, when I see or talk to my worldly father, he always represents my True Father in heaven. Maybe the Lord would have you look more to Him for comfort than those things of the past? As i read your post this scripture came to my mind?
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Excellent! an interpreter in the making!

At this time, there both dead, and in my dream, i'm standing in the trailer looking out the living room window, and i wouldn't move, i felt kinda evil as well, there was this darkness imbedded in me, and i didn't have a care of emotion, just emptyness. My grandfather was alive in this dream but he was dying, he was in his bedroom on life support, still conscious and alive but couldn't move or anything, And my grandmother was sitting on her couch crying, saying "why don't you care, how are you not upset" sobbing. like non stop sobbing. So i peak out the window as i'm just standing there and there is this airplane coming right at us, like there is no way of doding this airplane and my grandmother starts screaming, Me, i'm just standing there cold as ever without a fear in my mind or even a intention in my mind to get out of the way. So the plane is coming and it hits the house and takes out the whole ceiling, and the plane kills my grandparents, and is basically sitting in my house, but the walls of the house are still there, just not the ceiling. Remind you this is not a small plane, but like a continental size plane. So when the plane hits the house, all i do is bob and weave outside of the planes wings and it misses me, however i did not move my feet, i just bob and weaved it, however it killed my grandparents. So the plane is sitting there on fire, and i hear a cry from my grandmother, she is still alive begging for my help. I do not pay attention to her but continue to look out this window. She finally stops begging, and i turn my head slightly to look behind me, and the plane blows up in my face.
Good dream jwoods. Grandparents symbolize 'generational' things. Here they symbolize a generational heritage which is negative. The Lord was showing you He is bringing to death some generational junk in your life. Airplanes symbolize a type of ministry and the fire symbolizes the refining fire. God is doing a work in your life

In the dream, my German Shepherd that we had put down more than two years ago started appearing to me sometimes. In physical form, too. I could pet her and all. In fact, in one part of the dream, we were even sitting in a huge recliner together, and I was actually lying on her back and petting her head.
I asked someone, might have been my dad (so he was still alive in this dream), if they could see Cookie (the dog's name). They said no. I began to explain that I've been seeing her lately, and that she mainly appeared during the times I was upset or going through something rough. I then thought to myself that I hadn't really realized I was actually in need of comfort in that way, and wondered if what I had said was strictly true.
Hi questdriven, sweet dream from Abba. I believe your dog represents a guardian angel (protector) and/or possibly Holy Spirit (comforter) whom Father God (symbolized by your dad) sends to you when you need. It appears that the Lord uses this angel to help you rest in Him (recliner). Very sweet
Yes I can see how the dog could represent this, good call.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back