Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Doctors and pastors have something in common.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Yes: doctors and pastors have something in common. Both words end with 'tors'

They have many things in common....most importantly they deal with people:biggrin

My sister just got sick. She phoned up the pastor and also a doctor. Both people now are on a mission of saving a life.

As the pastor contacts the Almighty God the doctor backs it up with science.

Spiritually, a pastor is also a doctor.

Who is more important? Both are very important. God gave us intelligence. He wants us to take care of ourselves at times (although we can't do without Him). Some will argue: A doctor is inevitable!!! What if God says: You shall die? :lol What can the doctor do?

While doctors can take care of physical challenges, pastors may also take care of both physical and spiritual challenges. How does a doctor take care of a person who is undergoing a demonic attack? What medicine do you prescribe? Over to the pastor: PRAYER:)

This is the reason our family rely upon God for everything even when the doctor is there.

Then how about a pastor who is also a doctor??? They exist also. I think this is better (although too much labor). Such a person is a pasdoc:lol

One of our members does such funny things. He's a doctor. When science fails he allows God to help. There are cases when he had said: This is not a medical isssue - church, rise up and let's pray. It works.

At midnight, during church services and everywhere pastors and doctors are busy receiving calls from people. What is it? HELP :help

Your views!! Thanks.

A gnomonist like me also helps people to heal by making a sundial for them.

They just place their sickbed out in the sun next to the sundial just like Hezekiah did next to the dial of Ahaz. Then like Isaiah, I melodramatically point to heaven and with the other hand point to the sundial while they watch it go back 10 degrees.

It's true. There's the picture!

View attachment 2390

:biggrin:toofunny

<style type="text/css">*<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style>

<style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style>

A gnomonist like me also helps people to heal by making a sundial for them.

They just place their sickbed out in the sun next to the sundial just like Hezekiah did next to the dial of Ahaz. Then like Isaiah, I melodramatically point to heaven and with the other hand point to the sundial while they watch it go back 10 degrees.

It's true. There's the picture!

View attachment 2819

:biggrin:toofunny

<style type="text/css">*<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style>

<style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style>

That's magic. :lol

If you try that on your patients you will get them all killed.:biggrin

haha, I liked the dial reference but the theology is wrong. It was the shadow that was cast upon the staircase that Ahaz built and it acted like a dial. Ahaz was Hezekiah's father, and the 10 steps refer to the stairs not degrees. The miracle of course was that the sun went in the opposite direction and it gave God's answer to king Hezekiah. (2 Kings 20:5-11)

Also the thing that Doctors and Pastors have in common is a Bachelors degree. Which begs the question, why does a Pastor need a BA?

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back