Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does anybody here know about the last Pope

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Wouldn't it be too obvious for Pope Petrus Romanus to be the last pope and start the persecution? Also, I've done some research on the person that uploaded this video and it seems as if he/she/they believe all of this goes with that December 21st, 2012 crap. While I do think he have something going with Petrus Romanus (only thing I have against this theory is it's not fully correct.. the fact that they just released this information and some how.. it's in english (well from what I was told) when english wasn't even a language back then). <-- I could be wrong on that part. Also, again, it would be wayyy too obvious if Petrus Romanus was the next anti-christ.

edit: I've tried googling Pope Petrus Romanus and all I found was people saying he's the next anti-christ. Even tried to wikipedia him and it goes straight to St Malachy's prediction. Seems like once he steps up to be Pope, not alot of people are gonna trust him. It's going to be extremely hard for him to convince us he's not gonna kill us, but make us grow happy together (just as the prophecy says). It'll only make us even more skeptical. I also saw the list of the next potential popes and I didn't find Petrus Romanus. Again, all I found was skepticism and accusations. As for all of this corresponding with Dec 21st 2012:

You should know no man on earth can predict when the world is going to end, or even when this Great Tribulation is going to start. Predicting the exact date of Great Tribulation (in which they say December 21st 2012) gives us enough information to predict when the return of Christ will be. The tribulation lasts for 3 1/2 years. If it's the start of the first half then it's 7 years. Now watch this:

Dec 21st 2012 + 3 1/2 [3 years and 6 months] years = Jun 21st 2016
Dec 21st 2012 + 7 years = Dec 21st 2019

Which means Christ is going to return RIGHT AT either June 21st 2016 OR Dec 21st 2019...

See what I did there? And it only took me what? 2 minutes to figure that out... if that. But wait, if I know, then doesn't that contradict this statement:

The Day and Hour Unknown
36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. Matt 24

All in all, only time will tell.

but zero those are prophetic days, in Ezekiel God said each day for a year, so the 3 and a half years are actually 1260 years (3 360 days years as was their calendar and half a year so 180 adds those up to get 1260)

it was talking about the period from 538-1798 A.D. of course, the rise and fall of the catholic Church

history is something spectacular

Zero link
You should know no man on earth can predict when the world is going to end, or even when this Great Tribulation is going to start.
Yes we can predict the beginning of the tribulation should be the same day that the Antichrist makes a peace treaty with Israel. The tribulation is counting down from there on. Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.:)

Momentum said:
but zero those are prophetic days, in Ezekiel God said each day for a year, so the 3 and a half years are actually 1260 years (3 360 days years as was their calendar and half a year so 180 adds those up to get 1260)

it was talking about the period from 538-1798 A.D. of course, the rise and fall of the catholic Church

Hi there. :wave Wouldn't it be more accurate to say those days covered the fall of Papal rule? After all, the RCC continues on.

Yes we can predict the beginning of the tribulation should be the same day that the Antichrist makes a peace treaty with Israel. The tribulation is counting down from there on. Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate
Hi Anna,

I much more prefer the Historicist understanding of Daniel 9 (the view of Newton and most Reformers). The "he" is none other than Jesus, not some antichrist.

Newton said:
Yet shall he confirm the covenant with many for one week. He kept it, notwithstanding his death, till the rejection of the Jews, and calling of Cornelius and the Gentiles in the seventh year after his passion.
http://www.historicist.com/newton/p1c10.htm

The time Jesus was anointed at His baptism, was the time He confirmed the new covenant with the Jews. From that time to His death was 3 1/2 years. From His death to the time Stephen was stoned and the covenant was offered to the first gentile (Cornelius) was another 3 1/2 years. Together, they make seven years, or the 70th. year of Daniel's prophecy. No having to push it to the future and force the seals, trumpets and bowls into a very cramped, seven year "tribulation" period in which there is little Biblical support for anyway.

the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate
While this is indirectly connected to the prophecy, this doesn't all fall within the 70th. week. Jesus explains this to His Disciples in Matthew 24 and Daniel writes about it here:

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself :and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Newton explained it as well:
And in half a week he shall cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease; that is, by the war of the Romans upon the Jews: which war, after some commotions, began in the 13th year of Nero, A.D. 67, in the spring, when Vespasian with an army invaded them; and ended in the second year of Vespasian, A.D. 70, in autumn, Sept. 7, when Titus took the city, having burnt the Temple 27 days before: so that it lasted three years and an half. and history clearly shows us this took place in 70 A.D.

490yearprophecychart.gif

Da:9:27: And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

It goes like this: Jesus ministry was to be for one week (7 years), in which he would make the covenant of the kingdom with the Jews. But in the midst of the week, he broke the covenant (see * Luk 13:35). This was at the time of his entry into Jerusalem (as Messiah), going to the temple he found no one there to greet him.

At his crucifixion, the Sacrifices and oblations were made of no effect, they were now replaced by the greater sacrifice. The veil of the Temple was split, indicating no longer was a priest needed, to make sacrifice for the people. But man could now approach Gods throne directly. The army of the Prince (Christ), were the Romans sent to destroy the desolate Temple, and scatter the Jews. This scattering is referred to in Jeremiah 24:1-29 as the bad figs.

The last half of the 7 years have not been finished, but will be finished during the last half of the tribulation (time of Jacobs Troubles). The covenant being confirmed, by the 144,000 Jewish disciples. This is the same Gospel/Covenant Jesus preached, of the Kingdom of God. And then shall the end come. Not the end of the World, but the World as we know it. The Kingdoms of the World, now becoming the Kingdom of God and his Christ.

* Luk:13:35: Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

samuel said:
The last half of the 7 years have not been finished, but will be finished during the last half of the tribulation (time of Jacobs Troubles). The covenant being confirmed, by the 144,000 Jewish disciples. This is the same Gospel/Covenant Jesus preached, of the Kingdom of God. And then shall the end come. Not the end of the World, but the World as we know it. The Kingdoms of the World, now becoming the Kingdom of God and his Christ.

Wow! That's a new one! A calendar that stops at 69 1/2 weeks - incredible!

After the death of Stephen in Acts chapter 7 the word went out unto the gentiles. In Acts chapter 8 the went out to the descendants of Ham. In Acts chapter 9 the word went direct to the descendants of Shem and in Acts chapter 10 the word went directly to the descendants of Japheth.

vic C. said:
I see we are on the same page here, R.

That's the thing I've always liked about you Vic! The "historicist" view is by and large the most accurate and consistent view of prophecy.

Its not new, this has been taught since the Church Fathers. Gods dealing with the Jewish nation was set aside, untill the completion of the church.

RND said:
After the death of Stephen in Acts chapter 7 the word went out unto the gentiles. In Acts chapter 8 the went out to the descendants of Ham. In Acts chapter 9 the word went direct to the descendants of Shem and in Acts chapter 10 the word went directly to the descendants of Japheth.
This slight skew in the timeline usually comes up between Reformed and SDA beliefs. We can't really count the Samaritans and Ethiopians as gentiles. They were practicing Judaism in some form, though the Samaritans were led a bit astray by Simon the sorcerer.

In Acts 9, we find the conversion of Saul, but we can't call him a gentile at all. There is no real mention of any gentiles in Acts 9. It isn't until we get to Acts 10 that we find the gentile house of Cornelius. The Bible is clear on this and most scholars and commentaries agree also.

Cornelius was the first gentile... but this has nothing to do with the OP. :chin

vic C. said:
RND said:
This slight skew in the timeline usually comes up between Reformed and SDA beliefs. We can't really count the Samaritans and Ethiopians as gentiles. They were practicing Judaism in some form, though the Samaritans were led a bit astray by Simon the sorcerer.

In Acts 9, we find the conversion of Saul, but we can't call him a gentile at all. There is no real mention of any gentiles in Acts 9. It isn't until we get to Acts 10 that we find the gentile house of Cornelius. The Bible is clear on this and most scholars and commentaries agree also.

Cornelius was the first gentile... but this has nothing to do with the OP. :chin

Vic everyone that is in the world, then as it is today, was a descendant of either Shem, Japheth or Ham. They were all gentiles. Abraham was a gentile. That is the point of Acts 8, 9 and 10. Just as in the days of Noah and Abraham there is no longer Jew or Greek but one family in Jesus Christ.

Momentum said:

Hi, I completely agree with you on this. I too believe that part has already happened, that John was describing the times he was going through... as it all seems to match perfectly. I was mainly using the "upcoming" 42 months people were talking about we're going to go through as an example to match the correct date in which Jesus will return. If we were to know exactly when it starts, the exact date and exact time such as this Mayan calender says, one can truely predict the day of the unknown hour by using simple math. Therefore, that makes it false.. as I've said before:

The Day and Hour Unknown
36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. Matt 24

We also have to look at:

37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. - Matt 24

I don't see how is it possible we're gonna live a normal life as described, then dive straight into The Day of The Lord. If it follows Great Tribulation as some say, wouldn't we know it's going to happen shortly? Especially being that vs 29 said 29"Immediately after the distress of those days
" 'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

Surely, we won't be persecuted, then maybe days later we forget about it and live such a normal life up until The Day Of The Lord.. which again I repeat, happens Immediately after those days of distress. And remember, all of this can be calculated based off of Mayan Calender, something that tells us when all of this should start.. gives us the exact year, exact month, exact date. 12.21.2012 :confused

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back