Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does Anyone Else Not Attend Regular Church Services?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You are using the verse to support your never going to church, but that is not at all what Jesus is saying; that idea is not even in mind here. Not to mention that since he is also the author of the entire NT, he would be contradicting himself with the passage in Hebrews.

I'm pretty sure you and I will not see this point the same. What I get when I read through Jesus's words and the rest of the New Testament, is that he was going to destroy temple worship.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

The Hebrews passage is not about temple worship. Hebrews 10:25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

This is about people filled with the Spirit who are satisfied with doing it totally alone.

I know you will not see what I am saying. But here is a question, why are you so connected to the idea of going to a building to listen to someone else preach? You don't have to answer that, just curious.

Dad did this for years and years.. A high school kid made 'fancy box' in wood shop for the church... One of the benefits of being in a small town..
He was a man of great faith. We should all be so fortunate to have a father like yours. You have spoken about him several times and your mom as well. They were truly Godly people. All the riches of the world that one gives their children is nothing compared to Godly parents.

I'm pretty sure you and I will not see this point the same. What I get when I read through Jesus's words and the rest of the New Testament, is that he was going to destroy temple worship.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

The Hebrews passage is not about temple worship. Hebrews 10:25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

This is about people filled with the Spirit who are satisfied with doing it totally alone.

I know you will not see what I am saying. But here is a question, why are you so connected to the idea of going to a building to listen to someone else preach? You don't have to answer that, just curious.
If you think online and home church by yourself is The same as the early church you are mistaken.it's slot harder to hide yourself in a group setting.church isn't perfect I'm giving you the corrupt church thing
but I know for a time if I stopped going to church and just posted here and avoided conviction it might fool all for a while

If you think online and home church by yourself is The same as the early church you are mistaken.it's slot harder to hide yourself in a group setting.church isn't perfect I'm giving you the corrupt church thing
but I know for a time if I stopped going to church and just posted here and avoided conviction it might fool all for a while
If going to church helps you stay on the straight and narrow, then by all means you should go. I think that is probably the case with many people, young and old. I know there were more temptations when I was younger than there are now. And of coarse there is the fact that God has been working on us older people longer, in many cases.
Even so there is still plenty of reasons for us to be looking in the mirror of our soul, being unforgiving, judgmental, greedy, etc., etc.........Good sermons can cause us to do just that, to look in the mirror.

I'm not following Jason. We go to church to be convicted?
You can avoid what you don't want to hear online and radio much easier.you can hide yourself .if I post heresy here under a pseudonym. I can't do that in my church easily.home church can be as corrupt.one could have apostate home churches.I don't see an excuse where I live to stay home.peer pressure to be holy can be done in a church.sure home church as well.but if its just me and this site.yeah I can pick what I want to post and say.it's much easier to hide in this setting.

I can do church while listening to I heart radio.I have been blessed by klove but I have days where I want to forsake jesus.simply pUT personal interactions trump that stuff.
I'm nearly a hermit because of work

Last edited:
Dad did this for years and years.. A high school kid made 'fancy box' in wood shop for the church... One of the benefits of being in a small town..
It can work in big towns with big churches too, as long as the church is doing God's will. Down in Santa Ana, Ca in the early days of the first Calvary Chapel Chuck Smith decided that if God wanted them to do His work, and if His work cost money, then He would provide that money by whatever way He saw fit, including putting it on people's hearts to give. So instead of passing an offering plate, he took one of those big 5 gallon water cooler bottles from the office water cooler (They were made out of solid heavy glass back then and were wonderful for a lot of things!) and he put it by the exit door with a little cash in it to let people know that's what it was for. I know, I was there and saw it! Those water bottles became a mainstay of Calvary Chapel, even as they opened new churches around the area. I don' know if they still use them or not, but back then God put it on so many people's hearts to give to His ministry by quietly and un-noticably putting their offerings in that bottle that Calvary chapel funded a huge outreach that has gone worldwide. Agree with their doctrines or not, they still trusted God to provide the money without making people feel guilty about not giving, and those glass bottles funded a ministry that went global!

It can work in big towns with big churches too, as long as the church is doing God's will. Down in Santa Ana, Ca in the early days of the first Calvary Chapel Chuck Smith decided that if God wanted them to do His work, and if His work cost money, then He would provide that money by whatever way He saw fit, including putting it on people's hearts to give. So instead of passing an offering plate, he took one of those big 5 gallon water cooler bottles from the office water cooler (They were made out of solid heavy glass back then and were wonderful for a lot of things!) and he put it by the exit door with a little cash in it to let people know that's what it was for. I know, I was there and saw it! Those water bottles became a mainstay of Calvary Chapel, even as they opened new churches around the area. I don' know if they still use them or not, but back then God put it on so many people's hearts to give to His ministry by quietly and un-noticably putting their offerings in that bottle that Calvary chapel funded a huge outreach that has gone worldwide. Agree with their doctrines or not, they still trusted God to provide the money without making people feel guilty about not giving, and those glass bottles funded a ministry that went global!
They don't here but use a box

I don't go to church. When I was living out of state for a little while, I tried going to my counselor's church (he was/is also a minister). I was on the church van to go to a revival, and some young lady in her late teens up a few seats ahead of me was talking about me...I heard her say "He doesn't have a job. He just lives off welfare." Now, I was living off my people (which isn't any better than welfare, just means your people have the time money and inclination help you, lol), and...yeah.

And then I went in with my dad to the mega church a couple times. It was super special...except...not, lol. I'm sort of a pariah around here, and...yeah. I overheard some comments.

So I stay home. :-(

I don't go to church. When I was living out of state for a little while, I tried going to my counselor's church (he was/is also a minister). I was on the church van to go to a revival, and some young lady in her late teens up a few seats ahead of me was talking about me...I heard her say "He doesn't have a job. He just lives off welfare." Now, I was living off my people (which isn't any better than welfare, just means your people have the time money and inclination help you, lol), and...yeah.

And then I went in with my dad to the mega church a couple times. It was super special...except...not, lol. I'm sort of a pariah around here, and...yeah. I overheard some comments.

So I stay home. :-(
I've gotta say, at least for me, I don't let teenage girls that I don't even know dictate how I live out my relationship with God, my Father in Heaven! We all hear people say things that may or may not be about us that we don't like sometimes. We can't let those unthinking people run our lives!

We all have different walks. Your not going to be condemned for not going to church every week. Lord knows everyone's heart so if the time is spent with him in the hills, home, or a church it doesn't matter. I would think a lot who go to church do so just for the social view of man just like the Pharisees.

I personally rather be on flight for Jesus then complacent in a church.

We all have different walks. Your not going to be condemned for not going to church every week. Lord knows everyone's heart so if the time is spent with him in the hills, home, or a church it doesn't matter. I would think a lot who go to church do so just for the social view of man just like the Pharisees.

I personally rather be on flight for Jesus then complacent in a church.
If your called to a church then you aren't complacent.you can be lazy in any setting.pastor nor Internet can make you productive.

I was on the church van to go to a revival, and some young lady in her late teens up a few seats ahead of me was talking about me.
There are always gossipy people, pray for them, that God shows them how hurtful and unGodly it is. But don't fool yourself into thinking that is a reason to give up going to church.
AND family helping family is Not welfare! Christian people helping other Christians is Not welfare either!

You can avoid what you don't want to hear online and radio much easier.you can hide yourself .if I post heresy here under a pseudonym. I can't do that in my church easily.home church can be as corrupt.one could have apostate home churches.I don't see an excuse where I live to stay home.peer pressure to be holy can be done in a church.sure home church as well.but if its just me and this site.yeah I can pick what I want to post and say.it's much easier to hide in this setting.

I still don't follow. The church building setting doesn't allow for what you are trying to get at. Most people go into a building, listen to someone give their interpretation of a couple scriptures and leave.

If you are a true believer, you are not getting away with anything. You answer to God almighty for every action and word you speak.

You don't know much about what church is. Would or did God command the jews to stay home and call that the congregation?no.the place to worship to god in the chaos was at home or at the set place at the city gates.no edifice .or at the temple or tabernacle when you were commanded to feast or to draw close to god.after the cross it's simpler were you are at.do you account to you?

You don't know much about what church is. Would or did God command the jews to stay home and call that the congregation?no.the place to worship to god in the chaos was at home or at the set place at the city gates.no edifice .or at the temple or tabernacle when you were commanded to feast or to draw close to god.after the cross it's simpler were you are at.do you account to you?

That's a harsh statement. Just because church means something specifically to you; doesn't make it the same for others.
The building is not the importance. If a structure stands bearing a cross does it make this a church? No. When we accept the anointing our hearts are the church in which Jesus resides.

Back