Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does Born Again equal/mean begotten by God?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Thankful1

I personally believe to be begotten by God means one is a child of God, and to become a child of God, one needs to be born again.

I personally believe to be begotten by God means one is a child of God, and to become a child of God, one needs to be born again.

You are correct. But if it is anywhere in your assumtion of faith that it is even implied that a naturally born person is or can be a child of God by natural birth then your whole assumption of faith is in error.
The assumption that a naturally born person is a child of God is the false assumption that was taught by the Pharisees and Saducees and is a part of the leaven that the Lord has warned about. Your scope "to become a child of God, one needs to be born again" to me should be stated "to become a child of God, one must be born again of God." And there is only one Way to become born again of God that is true, but very few people ever find out what it actually is acccording to what the Lord has said about this subject.

You are correct. But if it is anywhere in your assumtion of faith that it is even implied that a naturally born person is or can be a child of God by natural birth then your whole assumption of faith is in error.
The assumption that a naturally born person is a child of God is the false assumption that was taught by the Pharisees and Saducees and is a part of the leaven that the Lord has warned about. Your scope "to become a child of God, one needs to be born again" to me should be stated "to become a child of God, one must be born again of God." And there is only one Way to become born again of God that is true, but very few people ever find out what it actually is acccording to what the Lord has said about this subject.

In your opinion are any of the following understandings the true way to be born again?
The term "regeneration" is the Greek word palingenesia (used only in Matthew 19:28 of creation and Titus 3:5). The Titus text refers to the regeneration of the individual, "He saved us, not by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit".

The Bible expresses the concept in numerous places with other terms like born again, renewed, remade, and born of God. For instance, in John 3:3-8 Jesus tells Nicodemus that in order to enter the kingdom of God, he must be born again. This thought is echoed in 1 Peter 1:23, "Since you have been born again not of perishable seed but of imperishable through the living and enduring word of God."

The Bible clearly teaches that man must undergo a spiritual re-creation in order to have a relationship with God or enter His kingdom.

Paul provides further explanation in Ephesians 2:1: "You were dead in your trespasses and sins." Clearly Paul does not mean physical death but instead is referring to man's spiritual state. Sin has left man dead spiritually, unable to respond to God. However, regeneration reawakens or resurrects man's spiritual capacity so that he can have relationship with God. Paul explained in Ephesians 2:4-5, "Because of His great love that He had for us, [God] made us alive with the Messiah even though we were dead in trespasses".

Regeneration gives man the ability to commune with God, thus making man a "new creation" (2 Corinthians 5:17).
The Bible is clear that regeneration is brought about by the Holy Spirit alone (Titus 3:5; 1 Corinthians 2:6-16).

Regeneration is the catalyst that allows the Christian to interact with his creator. It's the beginning step of an eternal walk with God. Regeneration allows the individual to have a relationship with God and thus stands at the beginning of the Christian life.

Regeneration, or new birth, is an inner re-creating of fallen human nature by the gracious sovereign action of the Holy Spirit (John 3:5-8).

It's my hope that you've experienced this new-birth yourself.[/QUOTE]

1. [John 3:3]3Ἀπεκρίθη he/she/it-was-ANSWER-ed { ὁ the (nom) ♦ - } Ἰησοῦς Jeshua (nom) καὶ and/also εἶπεν he/she/it-SAY/TELL-ed αὐτῷ him/it/same (dat) , Ἀμὴν amen ἀμὴν amen λέγω I-am-SAY/TELL-ing, I-should-be-SAY/TELL-ing σοι you(sg) (dat); your/yours(sg) (nom|voc); (fut opt) , ἐὰν if-ever μή not τις some/any (nom) γεννηθῇ he/she/it-should-be-GIVE BIRTH TO-ed ἄνωθεν from above , οὐ not δύναται capable ([Adj] nom|voc); he/she/it-is-being-ABLE-ed ἰδεῖν to-VIEW/SEE τὴν the (acc) βασιλείαν kingdom (acc) τοῦ the (gen) θεοῦ god (gen) .

Here is how Young's Literal Translation has it: 3 Jesus answered and said to him, 'Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born from above, he is not able to see the reign of God;'

I don't believe the words "From Above" have the same connotation as "Again" does.
its a spiritual birth just like a natural birth a seed was planted in the womb of the mom. being born again is a seed planted in our heart by the word of GOD..through the holy spirit. one plants one waters God gets the increase .

For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. thus we become a new creation in Christ denomination has nothing to do with it. for its bible john 3:3:yes

It means being regenerated by the Holy Spirit. This entails receiving a new operating system (a divine nature) after being cleansed by the blood of Christ. So we are then born from above by the will of God...and this in order to run the race towards a full maturity in Christ. We are born into a war against the devil and the world's systems....and ultimately sin itself. We begin as completely renewed, clean, spotless. Our growth is dependent on learning to remain that way keeping our garments clean so that we might be vessels of honour rather than vessels of shame.

It means being regenerated by the Holy Spirit. This entails receiving a new operating system (a divine nature) after being cleansed by the blood of Christ. So we are then born from above by the will of God...and this in order to run the race towards a full maturity in Christ. We are born into a war against the devil and the world's systems....and ultimately sin itself. We begin as completely renewed, clean, spotless. Our growth is dependent on learning to remain that way keeping our garments clean so that we might be vessels of honour rather than vessels of shame.

To enter the kingdom one must be born of water and the Spirit. Since things equal to the same thing are equal to each other, it follows that to be born of water and the Spirit is to believe the gospel, repent of one's sins, confess one's faith in Christ and be baptized for the remission sins. John 3:5figuratively states what is literally affirmed in Acts 2:38. To be born "anew" is simply to obey the gospel. It is not surprising that those who deny to baptism its proper place among the conditions of pardon would interpret "water" in John 3:5 to mean something other than baptism; in so doing, they are in conflict with the scholarship of the world, both ancient and modern.

I always take a lot of criticism for this but I do not say it, the bible does. To be born again you must be baptized.

In your opinion are any of the following understandings the true way to be born again?
The term "regeneration" is the Greek word palingenesia (used only in Matthew 19:28 of creation and Titus 3:5). The Titus text refers to the regeneration of the individual, "He saved us, not by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit".

The Bible expresses the concept in numerous places with other terms like born again, renewed, remade, and born of God. For instance, in John 3:3-8 Jesus tells Nicodemus that in order to enter the kingdom of God, he must be born again. This thought is echoed in 1 Peter 1:23, "Since you have been born again not of perishable seed but of imperishable through the living and enduring word of God."

The Bible clearly teaches that man must undergo a spiritual re-creation in order to have a relationship with God or enter His kingdom.

Paul provides further explanation in Ephesians 2:1: "You were dead in your trespasses and sins." Clearly Paul does not mean physical death but instead is referring to man's spiritual state. Sin has left man dead spiritually, unable to respond to God. However, regeneration reawakens or resurrects man's spiritual capacity so that he can have relationship with God. Paul explained in Ephesians 2:4-5, "Because of His great love that He had for us, [God] made us alive with the Messiah even though we were dead in trespasses".

Regeneration gives man the ability to commune with God, thus making man a "new creation" (2 Corinthians 5:17).
The Bible is clear that regeneration is brought about by the Holy Spirit alone (Titus 3:5; 1 Corinthians 2:6-16).

Regeneration is the catalyst that allows the Christian to interact with his creator. It's the beginning step of an eternal walk with God. Regeneration allows the individual to have a relationship with God and thus stands at the beginning of the Christian life.

Regeneration, or new birth, is an inner re-creating of fallen human nature by the gracious sovereign action of the Holy Spirit (John 3:5-8).

It's my hope that you've experienced this new-birth yourself.

1. [John 3:3]3Ἀπεκρίθη he/she/it-was-ANSWER-ed { ὁ the (nom) ♦ - } Ἰησοῦς Jeshua (nom) καὶ and/also εἶπεν he/she/it-SAY/TELL-ed αὐτῷ him/it/same (dat) , Ἀμὴν amen ἀμὴν amen λέγω I-am-SAY/TELL-ing, I-should-be-SAY/TELL-ing σοι you(sg) (dat); your/yours(sg) (nom|voc); (fut opt) , ἐὰν if-ever μή not τις some/any (nom) γεννηθῇ he/she/it-should-be-GIVE BIRTH TO-ed ἄνωθεν from above , οὐ not δύναται capable ([Adj] nom|voc); he/she/it-is-being-ABLE-ed ἰδεῖν to-VIEW/SEE τὴν the (acc) βασιλείαν kingdom (acc) τοῦ the (gen) θεοῦ god (gen) .

Here is how Young's Literal Translation has it: 3 Jesus answered and said to him, 'Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born from above, he is not able to see the reign of God;'

I don't believe the words "From Above" have the same connotation as "Again" does.
its a spiritual birth just like a natural birth a seed was planted in the womb of the mom. being born again is a seed planted in our heart by the word of GOD..through the holy spirit. one plants one waters God gets the increase .

For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. thus we become a new creation in Christ denomination has nothing to do with it. for its bible john 3:3:yes

To enter the kingdom one must be born of water and the Spirit. Since things equal to the same thing are equal to each other, it follows that to be born of water and the Spirit is to believe the gospel, repent of one's sins, confess one's faith in Christ and be baptized for the remission sins. John 3:5figuratively states what is literally affirmed in Acts 2:38. To be born "anew" is simply to obey the gospel. It is not surprising that those who deny to baptism its proper place among the conditions of pardon would interpret "water" in John 3:5 to mean something other than baptism; in so doing, they are in conflict with the scholarship of the world, both ancient and modern.

I always take a lot of criticism for this but I do not say it, the bible does. To be born again you must be baptized.[/QUOTE]

RE-creation is the term that does you in. Every naturally born person has NOT been created. And NO as an absolute no person is "regenerated" by God's spirit prior to being born again because even the term "regenerated" presupposes to have been generated previously. Actually both terms are false in and of themselves.
As for baptism it depends upon which sin you have had the faith to repent of first and there is only a sin that God demands by law that each man must repent of or not be born again of God.

As for baptism it depends upon which sin you have had the faith to repent of first and there is only a sin that God demands by law that each man must repent of or not be born again of God.

Baptism is not conditional or an option...it is a command.

I always take a lot of criticism for this but I do not say it, the bible does. To be born again you must be baptized.

RE-creation is the term that does you in. Every naturally born person has NOT been created. And NO as an absolute no person is "regenerated" by God's spirit prior to being born again because even the term "regenerated" presupposes to have been generated previously. Actually both terms are false in and of themselves.
As for baptism it depends upon which sin you have had the faith to repent of first and there is only a sin that God demands by law that each man must repent of or not be born again of God.[/QUOTE]

What did you say? nothing! We believe and we are saved, we are born-again !

2Co 11:3

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Col 2:6

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Col 2:7

Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Col 2:8

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Born again is used so much in the Protestant Church, but after asking its meaning in different Christian Forums, I find no consistent understanding of what it means.

show us the biblical evidence...

It's one to thing to believe something which has biblical evidence to support it.. It's an entirely different matter to believe something because some person says so and yet has no biblical evidence to support it.

What you believe is either based upon biblical truth or it's an argument based upon silence..

Show us biblical evidence to support what you believe.

Re: show us the biblical evidence...

It's one to thing to believe something which has biblical evidence to support it.. It's an entirely different matter to believe something because some person says so and yet has no biblical evidence to support it.

What you believe is either based upon biblical truth or it's an argument based upon silence..

Show us biblical evidence to support what you believe.

I just voiced my opinion, and I don’t care what anyone else believes about what I shared.

This thread is asking a question, and I am waiting for answers, and am not trying to give answers.

Personally, Jesus tells me if what I share is right or not, and he will give me the scripture to confirm what he tells me.

Scripture is always just confirmation for me. Jesus/Holy Spirit teach me about God.

I just voiced my opinion, and I don’t care what anyone else believes about what I shared.

You should, because you're speaking to a body of believers here who live by His every word and not by what people might be led to believe.

This thread is asking a question, and I am waiting for answers, and am not trying to give answers.

You did state what you believe and thus far you have not based it upon the solid rock of biblical evidence.

Personally, Jesus tells me if what I share is right or not, and he will give me the scripture to confirm what he tells me.

Then that's great, what scripture has he given you to confirm it ?

Scripture is always just confirmation for me. Jesus/Holy Spirit teach me about God.

There are many voices in the world today.. And what God says is always backed up in His limitless, living and powerful word.

You should, because you're speaking to a body of believers here who live by His every word and not by what people might be led to believe.

You did state what you believe and thus far you have not based it upon the solid rock of biblical evidence.

Then that's great, what scripture has he given you to confirm it ?

There are many voices in the world today.. And what God says is always backed up in His limitless, living and powerful word.
Are you deliberately trying to derail this thread? I will start a thread when I care to share, and everything I share will be confirmed with the written Word of
God.

Yes we learn from every Word of God, and the bible sure is not every Word of God.

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.â€

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

Are you deliberately trying to derail this thread? I will start a thread when I care to share, and everything I share will be confirmed with the written Word of
God.

Yes we learn from every Word of God, and the bible sure is not every Word of God.

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.â€

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."
Hey! chill out :) What is your point? You seem to be doing more harm to this thread than anyone? And if you are mature you must also know that the understanding of being a "New Creation" in Christ takes some time to understand?
Give us a chance to understand your view before you decide we are all ignorant!

Your Friend "in Christ" -Mitspa

Hey! chill out :) What is your point? You seem to be doing more harm to this thread than anyone? And if you are mature you must also know that the understanding of being a "New Creation" in Christ takes some time to understand?
Give us a chance to understand your view before you decide we are all ignorant!

Your Friend "in Christ" -Mitspa

New creation in Christ, I asked does born again equal/mean begotten by God. That is a simple question. Protestants use Born Again all the time; don’t they know what it means? Begotten by God is scriptural, and should not be had to understand that it means sired by God.

I would like to get a consensus of what people believe Born Again means to him or her. I have scripture to share, and discuses that requires a good understanding of what born again means.

I am trying to keep this thread on track, and am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone.

New creation in Christ, I asked does born again equal/mean begotten by God. That is a simple question. Protestants use Born Again all the time; don’t they know what it means? Begotten by God is scriptural, and should not be had to understand that it means sired by God.

I would like to get a consensus of what people believe Born Again means to him or her. I have scripture to share, and discuses that requires a good understanding of what born again means.

I am trying to keep this thread on track, and am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone.
Good idea, and I am not a "Protestant" nor do I care to be anything but a "Son of God". You must also know, that the understanding some have of being "born-again" grows as they grow in grace and knowledge? None of us got saved when we had all the doctrine strait, but when The Holy Spirit convicted ours hearts of our need for Christ. Please share your scriptures and I may learn from you and who knows someone may have some info we both need?:)
God Bless- Mitspa

God.

Oh they recognize the stranger and his voice, but they just refuse to follow the stranger, unlike people.
By the way. Using extreemly large bold face type is a forum rules violation. Better check with the "palace" guards before they say something to you about shouting.

God.

Not at all, simply requesting that you share the scriptural basis for your belief rather than just saying it without biblical support. It's a good topic and one which must be grounded in the truth of the holy scriptures.

Well, here's another statement or belief from you.. So feel free to enlighten us..

What else is the word of God besides the holy scriptures ?

Thankful1, if I may, you have come into a Apologetic & Theology forum and made a bold statement. It should not come as a surprise to be asked to back up what you say with scripture.

I think being born again means genuinely accepting the Lord into our lives, intending to do his will from now on, rather than our own.

I think being born again means genuinely accepting the Lord into our lives, intending to do his will from now on, rather than our own.

No offense, but IMO and I think aren't scriptural...

John 3:3 (KJV)
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

I personally believe to be begotten by God means one is a child of God, and to become a child of God, one needs to be born again. [/QUOTE

I have heard it this way from several preachers. When a person repents and put their trust and faith in Christ. Then when the Baptism comes one is more or less adopted in the kingdom of God. We are born into sin, but must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God.

Back