Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does God Have the Last Word?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
On these forums we all debate so many things.
Each of us has an opinion.
Quite often, we believe we are right.
And arguments abound.
Every now and then I get my two cents worth in.
But in the end, does God have the last word?
I certainly hope so.

On these forums we all debate so many things.
Each of us has an opinion.
Quite often, we believe we are right.
And arguments abound.
Every now and then I get my two cents worth in.
But in the end, does God have the last word?
I certainly hope so.

Well, 31,102 verses can create at least 31,102 questions and even if we know that God will have the last word, we can debate. Debates are challenging and can be edifying. Even when criticism against us is wrong, it can show us our weaknesses and help us grow. We learn this from Paul's response to people who criticized him.

2 Timothy 2:23-26
23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.

First of all, we are to avoid foolish and ignorant disputes. Then, we as servants of the Lord should not quarrel but be gentle to ALL, able to teach and "patient". Next, watch what Paul says regarding the right attitude toward opponents. He said that we are to correct them in humility in the hope that God may grant that they will repent and come to know the Truth. Wow! So powerful but not always easy. Even when we are confident that we are right, we must correct in humility and let God have the last Word. Fixing people is God's prerogative, not ours. Yes, God does have the last word.

The Parable of the Fishing Net also taught me a very important lesson. In fact, Jesus clearly said that we as His disciples are to catch men for Him without discrimination (catch fish of every kind). However, the work of judging was assigned to angels at Christ's return (Matthew 13:49). So, we are neither called nor equipped to judge the false catch. Here again, God has the last word, we just go and catch fish of every kind.

God will ALWAYS have the last word. One thing that is clear from reading the Bible, especially the Old Testament, is that God will always have the last word in every situation. I don't care what you are facing today, what the problem is, what the issue is, God will have the last word! Regardless of what the circumstances may look like, regardless of what the situation appears to be, regardless of what the issues are, regardless of what man may say, it is God that will have the last word.

Do any of you remember 11 years ago when the US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance unconstitutional? I was amused both at the "legal eagles" who debated the issue endlessly as to whether this was a "legal" ruling that could stand up under appeal and thus apply to all circuits, and totally unsurprised by the many ministries across the nation that seized on this as an angle to raise funds. Everyone was sending special fundraising appeals based on this issue.
This, despite the fact it was very clear no serious legal scholar expected the ruling made by the three-judge panel to be upheld. When within 48 hours of the ruling, the judge who wrote the majority opinion unexpectedly issued a stay on his own ruling, I was surprised, but I used occasion to enjoin everyone I knew to accept that such events are just warning shots across the church's bow, and that we better get serious about our relationship with Jesus Christ. Now more than then, we need to quit taking the freedoms we enjoy for granted. It is time to get busy about our Father's business. We must work while it is still light, and before the night comes.

The lawuit and negative ruling against God demonstrated how He is more than able to step in and deal with issues. Laughter brought tears to my esys as, the very next evening, as I watched an exclusive interview on Fox with the mother of the child who was reported to have been harmed by having to say the phrase "under God." Michael Newdow, the girl's biological father and the man who filed the lawsuit in Federal Court, got his standing before the Court by claiming his daughter had been harmed by having to say those words. As it turns out, he fathered this child out of wedlock eight years before. He and the mother were never married. The mother had 100% legal custody of the child.

Between the time of the child's birth and the time of the lawsuit, the mother had become a very strong Christian. The daughter was being raised in a Christian home. Not only was she never harmed by saying the phrase "under God", she had learned to love God, love her country, and wanted to say "under God." Newdow filed the lawsuit without consulting the mother or the girl. He had no parental rights whatsoever, having signed them away at the time of his daughter's birth. Not only would the lawsuit not be upheld on appeal, it was thrown out because Nedrow committed perjury in making the original filing.

God will always have the last word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something about the name of Jesus...it is the sweetest name I know...one day every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. So I urge every man and woman who are unbelievers do not wait until then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Thisnumber, great post on Michael Newdow, I had almost forgotten about that idiot. I can't wait until God has the last word on that HBO comedian, Bill Maher!

When I debate or have a discussion with people I always start from and end with scripture. And when people say "your right" I tell them I am not right, God is right. So I always give the credit and Glory to him. I guess for me the question is more about, do I step aside and allow God the last word in my life and testimony? Then the answer is a resounding YES.

Back