Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does God speak to us in dreams?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi everyone,

I changed my mind about something recently and started to follow a different path to the one I'd been following for quite a while. Then last night I had a dream, it was a really good dream, but it was all about the path that I'd left, and it made me think about it all again and brought it back before my mind. Dreams are subconcious, so it's like God wanted me to be thinking about that. But I dont know, a lot of people nowadays say it was only in Biblical times that God spoke to us in dreams, but is that true?

Some biblical references to dreams-
"And when Saul inquired of the Lord, the Lord answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets." 1 Samuel 28:6

"For God speaketh once, yea twice, and man percieveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed, then He openeth the ears of men, and sealteth their instruction." Job 33:14

"And being warned of God in a dream" - Matthew 2:12

What does everyone think? =)

I think, well as a matter of fact I'll just be bold and say I know that God does indeed speak to us in dreams. I know, because He has done so for me.

Not all dreams are from God, most are just the mind drifting through thoughts as the body is asleep.

But, yes, most definitely God can and does speak to specific things via dreams. For me, it was to enlighten me to the fact that I was caught up in a cult.

Yes he does.

I've had it happen. You know when it happens, it's not like a normal dream at all.

Job:33:13: Why dost thou strive against him? for he giveth not account of any of his matters.
Job:33:14: For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
Job:33:15: In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
Job:33:16: Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
Job:33:17: That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

Yes, God does speak to us in our dreams.

I don't think that one can always perceive if a dream has come from God or not. Some times God speaks and we know it, other times He can easily hide the thing from us, and He does.

I agree! I dream lots good and bad and I really believe that is when I personally hear him the most... I wake up and put it into action.

I dont know about you but i usually dont dream much and when i do i'm prone to having some really weird dreams. Sometimes i'm thankful to God that i woke up! I have had visions that God gave me when i was a teenager. The visions soon came true. I believe that the visions were a message from God to me that God really wants a relationship with me today and He is still at work. It really encouraged me.

Hi everyone,

I changed my mind about something recently and started to follow a different path to the one I'd been following for quite a while. Then last night I had a dream, it was a really good dream, but it was all about the path that I'd left, and it made me think about it all again and brought it back before my mind. Dreams are subconcious, so it's like God wanted me to be thinking about that. But I dont know, a lot of people nowadays say it was only in Biblical times that God spoke to us in dreams, but is that true?

Some biblical references to dreams-
"And when Saul inquired of the Lord, the Lord answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets." 1 Samuel 28:6

"For God speaketh once, yea twice, and man percieveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed, then He openeth the ears of men, and sealteth their instruction." Job 33:14

"And being warned of God in a dream" - Matthew 2:12

What does everyone think? =)

i believe half of all work is done while sleeping,
btw have u ever heard of lucid dreaming, it means you can control your dream.

however i do want to say it's good for the bible if you can separate a dream from a story being told in acertain way.

also a deep sleep fals upon abraham and so but nothing is said about what he dreamed. he woke up though.;)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back