Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study does Isaiah 61 7-8 a promise to all of us as well, or was it a specific promise to Isrealites only?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
in another word if we trust and obeyGod and forgive what other took away from us unfairly God will give back double?
Why do you suppose a Christian should worry about such greed? Surely God and Heaven are enough for any believer, is it not? I have read this passage over and over through-out the past 27 years and never once has the Holy Spirit prompted me into this line of thought. I will say that all the promises of the Bible apply to any believer.

Why do you suppose a Christian should worry about such greed? Surely God and Heaven are enough for any believer, is it not? I have read this passage over and over through-out the past 27 years and never once has the Holy Spirit prompted me into this line of thought. I will say that all the promises of the Bible apply to any believer.

it is not greed
for many Christians, it is pain
desire for blessings and vindication after so much pain

it is not greed
for many Christians, it is pain
desire for blessings and vindication after so much pain
What, did Jesus not feel pain, the pain of the whip, the pain of the fists, the pain if Nails being driven through His hands and feet, and the pain of hanging from those nails and the pain in His feet when he would push with His legs that he could open the throat that hanging from His arms had caused to get a single breath of air, over and over? And we are called to be just like Him. This is not a Sunday Buggy Ride, it is life and life hurts sometimes.

What, did Jesus not feel pain, the pain of the whip, the pain of the fists, the pain if Nails being driven through His hands and feet, and the pain of hanging from those nails and the pain in His feet when he would push with His legs that he could open the throat that hanging from His arms had caused to get a single breath of air, over and over? And we are called to be just like Him. This is not a Sunday Buggy Ride, it is life and life hurts sometimes.

Hosea 6:6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice....

When Job was down, his friends thought they were being spiritual by telling him it all his fault, they thought they were being spiritual

instead of being a real friend and offer him support

God is a loving father who is interested in being there for His children while they are in pain

Judgemental spirit is not from him

I do not know the type of life experience you have had

there might be many others who feel the same way you do, but that is not mine problem, nor should i take responsiblities for those attitudes.

but i have decided to put you on the ignore list, as I am not interested in being teared down on this site.

in another word if we trust and obeyGod and forgive what other took away from us unfairly God will give back double?

The context of the verses before and after Isaiah 61:7-8 give a clue that it is just Isreal because Gentiles are contrasted to the intended audiance of this blessing.

But that said don't think that a promise God grants to others is showing a lack of God's love for you. Jesus promised that those who suffer for the sake of Jesus will be rewarded.

We are not promised an easy life though. Th1b.taylor, is right about that. I don't think he means to tear you down, but to correct you. He's done the same for me a while ago, in much the same bluntness. But if he was any less blunt about the seriousness I might not have listened and taken it seriously.

If I can ask, what happened that has you asking about vindication after being in pain? There are many here who watch the prayer requests section, and many of the members here have suffered their share in life that they can say share encouragement or if nothing else point you to harder suffering they've suffered and are making it through because of God's grace. Either way people here can pray for your sitution or strengthen you through the sitution.

The context of the verses before and after Isaiah 61:7-8 give a clue that it is just Isreal because Gentiles are contrasted to the intended audiance of this blessing.

But that said don't think that a promise God grants to others is showing a lack of God's love for you. Jesus promised that those who suffer for the sake of Jesus will be rewarded.

We are not promised an easy life though. Th1b.taylor, is right about that. I don't think he means to tear you down, but to correct you. He's done the same for me a while ago, in much the same bluntness. But if he was any less blunt about the seriousness I might not have listened and taken it seriously.

If I can ask, what happened that has you asking about vindication after being in pain? There are many here who watch the prayer requests section, and many of the members here have suffered their share in life that they can say share encouragement or if nothing else point you to harder suffering they've suffered and are making it through because of God's grace. Either way people here can pray for your sitution or strengthen you through the sitution.

i have been in church for a long time

i think it is important to tell truth in love

i think it is because without love, one can not see things correctly

i dont want to be argumentative, so i will stop here

but i do agree with you, God did not promise an easy life

Back