Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does Jesus Love You?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Tonight: What if they don't come to repentance? Does He still love them?

Yes and He is still going to send them to Hell. Just as a father who disciplines his child. There is a price to pay for disobedience.

White Trailer Trash said:
"Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so"
Jesus/God even loves Satan, since He loves His enemies.

WTT, that is a good point as well.. Why would Jesus tell us to pray for our enemies and to love our enemies (Because anyone can love friends.. Christians must love our enemies) when He himself doesn't?

Again, good point W.T.T.

watchman F said:
Tonight said:
[quote="watchman F":y1yga3oc]Believers walk in His blessing and unbelievers don't. What is your point?

So, If you are not walking in His blessing, you are still loved by Him? :shocked
Yes[/quote:y1yga3oc]
:amen

It is called unconditional love.

Well, you are partially right on that. Non-believers do not notice His love because they do not recognize Him as Lord. So, in a way, yup.. To them I guess you could say it matters little..

But if He didn't love them.. They would probably cease to exist. He sustains everyone no matter what they believe. As Christians we recognize our dependence on Him but as a non-believer, they do not. So, yes. to them it has no effect but when you realize He sustains all things. His love is much farther reaching.

The Bible tells us that "God is Love" (1 John 4:8). But how can we even begin to understand that truth? There are many passages in the Bible that give us God's definition of love. The most well known verse is John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." So one way God defines love is in the act of giving.

Tonight said:
jsnbrown said:
It is called unconditional love.

But, it is conditional. You have to accept it first.

Otherwise, what good is it?

Not true
God still loves you even if you don't accept His gift of Salvation. You just don't get to spend eternity with Him if you reject His gift. It's no different than a parent punishing a child. The parent still loves that child. Correct?

TheUnworthyServant said:
God still loves you even if you don't accept His gift of Salvation. You just don't get to spend eternity with Him if you reject His gift. It's no different than a parent punishing a child. The parent still loves that child. Correct?

But, a loving parent will correct a child. The Bible admits that God only corrects His children. The Bible calls all others b*a*s*t*a*r*d*s. Who are these others?

I don't know where the verse is...I think it's in Hebrews somewhere.

NOTE to Site Moderators: Didn't mean to circumvent your ability to catch bad words. I think the word is in the Bible, though.

Tonight, I don't know if all your posts have been like that, but please research where you have been pulling scripture from.

The verse you "quoted" is Hebrews 12:4

If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. The illegitimate children part is where you got your curse word. We no longer use that word for the same meaning any more. That is why it is blocked and I do believe in my experience of administrating a forum, there shouldn't be exceptions for curse word blocks. There are alternate words. Yes the KJV uses those words but we today have a different meaning for them.

That's an entirely different subject though..

Ok, so through the fact that you feel God only disciplines us as we are His children, you feel that He loves only us?

That passage of scripture has nothing to do with love. It talks about possession but not love. This is the issue with parent/child illustration that has popped up several times. God does't claim those who reject Him. Note that just because He doesn't claim them as His children, doesn't mean He doesn't love them.

Let me clarify.

Henry Ford made a lot of cars. They were creations of Henry Ford and he probably took care of those cars. Henry Ford never claimed any of those cars, those creations, as his sons or daughters though right? be kind of weird huh? (Also, note that Henry Ford is human. God loves each of His creations with a divine love. Henry, though proud of his creations, did not love them I'm sure)

Same as us. As Christians, we are children of God. When we are saved we are literally made new: "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

Or:

"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." (two translations of Romans 12:2 )

I believe this just shows us that He transforms us into new creations. Not our bodies but our souls.. Then He disciplines our souls to teach us His way.

He still loves those that have not been saved yet as they are still His creation.

So, the scripture you shown us does show that God disciplines us and this is one way He shows that He loves us. That's about all the edification in my opinion that scripture does for this topic.

And Tonight, please research your verses before posting. Know what is in the Bible, know why there are curse guards, and do not try to get around them. Thank you!

Tonight said:
TheUnworthyServant said:

But, a loving parent will correct a child. The Bible admits that God only corrects His children. The Bible calls all others b*a*s*t*a*r*d*s. Who are these others?

NOTE to Site Moderators: Didn't mean to circumvent your ability to catch bad words. I think the word is in the Bible, though.

You really are spinning your wheels here. The sooner you accept the fact that Jesus Christ died for all of us because He loves all of us, the better off you'll be.

TheUnworthyServant said:
Tonight said:
TheUnworthyServant said:

You really are spinning your wheels here. The sooner you accept the fact that Jesus Christ died for all of us because He loves all of us, the better off you'll be.
:amen

Seriously, we have provided Bible verse after bible verse. I cannot stress enough that the fact that Jesus Christ loves all is truly Biblical!

I truly believe that Jesus loves everyone. Judas even thought he betrayed Him, I believe Jesus still loved him and was sad that this is the way it had to go. If Jesus choose who He loves and not love. If this is how God works, well then I'm in a whole lot of trouble. I remember when my sister and mother would corner me about Jesus every time I came to visit. I hated that religious talk stuff. Now looking back I know Jesus loved me as much then as He does not.. Just me 2 cents worth.. ;)

And for those who want to argue with me about this, think about it this way. Would Jesus send someone He loves to Hell?

A father shows his son a gun. He tells his son that if he takes the gun to his head and shoots himself he will die. The son decides to shoot himself in the head anyway. He dies. Does this mean his father did not love him? No. He warned them of what would happen and they did it anyway, choosing to ignore him. The same with Jesus and God. He has told us that if we sin without repentance, we will go to Hell. He is not making them, but they ignore Him and do it anyway.
The Bible is His teachings. He gave us these teachings to help us. He does not think each morning, “Oh, so-and-so is going to die and go to Hell today. I’m so happy. I can’t wait. I hate them.†He wants to save us, or there would be no point in the Bible. That He gave His only begotten son is a testament of His love. If He didn’t love us, every single person on this planet would be going to Hell right now. He would not have bothered to have given people the tools to save others. At a time when no one believed, He gave us spiritual light. Why would He bother to save non-believers if He did not love them? If He did not care about them because they did not believe, why would He have bothered to give any means of allowing them to do so? If He does not love them, then it would not bother Him. Therefore, He would have been just as content to let us all go to Hell.
He does love us. Like a parent to a child. A parent does not want to punish their child; they do not like the fact that they have to do so to begin with. God does not want to send people to Hell, but, He has warned them beforehand, and the ignored Him. That is the result. Every action in this world bears a consequence, be it this life or the next. While it might be a consequence that neither party likes, it is still the consequence.

Just my :twocents.

Cheyenne K said:
And for those who want to argue with me about this, think about it this way. Would Jesus send someone He loves to Hell?

A father shows his son a gun. He tells his son that if he takes the gun to his head and shoots himself he will die. The son decides to shoot himself in the head anyway. He dies. Does this mean his father did not love him? No. He warned them of what would happen and they did it anyway, choosing to ignore him. The same with Jesus and God. He has told us that if we sin without repentance, we will go to Hell. He is not making them, but they ignore Him and do it anyway.
The Bible is His teachings. He gave us these teachings to help us. He does not think each morning, “Oh, so-and-so is going to die and go to Hell today. I’m so happy. I can’t wait. I hate them.†He wants to save us, or there would be no point in the Bible. That He gave His only begotten son is a testament of His love. If He didn’t love us, every single person on this planet would be going to Hell right now. He would not have bothered to have given people the tools to save others. At a time when no one believed, He gave us spiritual light. Why would He bother to save non-believers if He did not love them? If He did not care about them because they did not believe, why would He have bothered to give any means of allowing them to do so? If He does not love them, then it would not bother Him. Therefore, He would have been just as content to let us all go to Hell.
He does love us. Like a parent to a child. A parent does not want to punish their child; they do not like the fact that they have to do so to begin with. God does not want to send people to Hell, but, He has warned them beforehand, and the ignored Him. That is the result. Every action in this world bears a consequence, be it this life or the next. While it might be a consequence that neither party likes, it is still the consequence.

Just my :twocents.

I like that illustration! :amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back