Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does Jesus Love You?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
jsnbrown said:

And Tonight, please research your verses before posting. Know what is in the Bible, know why there are curse guards, and do not try to get around them. Thank you!

Just going by what the KJV says. If it offends you, oh well. You're free to pretty it up if you wish.

TheUnworthyServant said:
You really are spinning your wheels here. The sooner you accept the fact that Jesus Christ died for all of us because He loves all of us, the better off you'll be.

I think what you need to understand is that a non-believer does not understand this "unconditional love" you speak about. "Jesus Loves You" gives them the impression that because God loves them, God will save them. A very logical, but dangerous, conclusion.

You didn't answer my question, either. Who are these "others" who are not God's children?

Also, answer this. What defines a child of God? Not from our perspective, from His perspective.

Tonight said:
jsnbrown said:

And Tonight, please research your verses before posting. Know what is in the Bible, know why there are curse guards, and do not try to get around them. Thank you!

Just going by what the KJV says. If it offends you, oh well. You're free to pretty it up if you wish.

I think you don't understand. During the time of good ole King James, (Who was a horrible person to name a Bible after. But all well.. He gave the Christians the money.. :shrug ) That word meant illegitimate children. Today it takes a different and more offensive definition: "a vicious, despicable, or thoroughly disliked person". Thus why it shouldn't be used.

I wasn't trying to pretty it up, I'm just wanting to make sure the original greek wording was translated more properly.

You didn't answer my question, either. Who are these "others" who are not God's children?

Also, answer this. What defines a child of God? Not from our perspective, from His perspective.

He didn't answer that but I did! Did you skip over the "..." parts only to make my post look bad from what I said about how the KJV worded something?

------------------

Friend, I'm starting to think you are a Troll. (Please look up the definition for a forum troll) We have provided enough evidence to show you God's love. You skip over what we say and then find faults in any minor thing in our posts.

I'm about tired of trying to help you understand. God's love is not limited. It is not conditional. If it was, maybe He would stop loving us when we sinned as well..

And what in the world do you say to those who believe we are saved multiple times? (Not a one time salvation). God loves me, but I drifted away and now He only wants to love me.. Woah, I'm saved again! Yay! God loves me.. All cuddles.. :biggrin

No, God loves you forever. Unconditionally. Intentionally. Unlimitedly.

What more do you want?

As of now, I'm through with this thread and I advise anyone everyone else to leave it alone as well. There seems to be no amount of truth to convince him.

jsnbrown " As of now, I'm through with this thread and I advise anyone everyone else to leave it alone as well. There seems to be no amount of truth to convince him. "

Amen

jsnbrown said:
I think you don't understand. During the time of good ole King James, (Who was a horrible person to name a Bible after. But all well.. He gave the Christians the money.. :shrug ) That word meant illegitimate children. Today it takes a different and more offensive definition: "a vicious, despicable, or thoroughly disliked person". Thus why it shouldn't be used.

I wasn't trying to pretty it up, I'm just wanting to make sure the original greek wording was translated more properly.

I'll take the KJV, thank you.

------------------
jsnbrown said:
Friend, I'm starting to think you are a Troll. (Please look up the definition for a forum troll)

I know what it is. I'm not. But, so far I haven't been able to convince you of anything else, so......

jsnbrown said:
We have provided enough evidence to show you God's love. You skip over what we say and then find faults in any minor thing in our posts.

No, you haven't. But, it's ok..

jsnbrown said:
I'm about tired of trying to help you understand. God's love is not limited. It is not conditional. If it was, maybe He would stop loving us when we sinned as well..

What? That doesn't make sense. What does that have to do with someone being a child of God or not. You're opening a new can of worms.

jsnbrown said:
And what in the world do you say to those who believe we are saved multiple times? (Not a one time salvation). God loves me, but I drifted away and now He only wants to love me.. Woah, I'm saved again! Yay! God loves me.. All cuddles.. :biggrin
No, God loves you forever. Unconditionally. Intentionally. Unlimitedly.

That's the "Once Saved Always Saved" argument, which I believe by the way. But, that only applies to believers. How can you be saved a second time if you were not saved to begin with?

jsnbrown said:
What more do you want?

Nothing. I give up.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back