Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does Jesus want us to be United in One Church or Divided?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
chestertonrules said:
I believe that he wants us to be in one Church.

Anyone disagree?
Depends on what church you are referring to. He would rather us to be scattered in the small factions of truth, than united in deception

watchman F said:
chestertonrules said:

Anyone disagree?
Depends on what church you are referring to. He would rather us to be scattered in the small factions of truth, than united in deception

Do you believe that God is capable of leading his Church into the fullness of Truth?

If so, then why wouldn't he?

chest,

John 17 is the desire of our Lord for his Body.

This desire cannot be accomplished by the wisdom of man.

In his wisdom the Lord Jesus brought about the scattering of those 12 who he has specially endowed to witness the foundation of our Lord in all the earth.

Eventually he will gather the elect seed through his harvest from the 4 corners of the earth. Then we will be given to be gathered together unto our Lord in one Body. One in a hamlet and two in a village is how he gathers his elect seed. This gathering is like the mount of transfiguration.

Joe

Joe67 said:
chest,

John 17 is the desire of our Lord for his Body.

This desire cannot be accomplished by the wisdom of man.

In his wisdom the Lord Jesus brought about the scattering of those 12 who he has specially endowed to witness the foundation of our Lord in all the earth.

Eventually he will gather the elect seed through his harvest from the 4 corners of the earth. Then we will be given to be gathered together unto our Lord in one Body. One in a hamlet and two in a village is how he gathers his elect seed. This gathering is like the mount of transfiguration.

Joe

What do you do with these?

1 Timothy 3
15if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Matthew 18

17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Matthew 16

18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

chestertonrules said:
17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
chest,

How should we treat pagans and tax collectors?

Joe

Joe67 said:
chestertonrules said:
chest,

How should we treat pagans and tax collectors?

Joe

We should love them and teach them to listen to the Church of Jesus.(that's what I'm trying to do, brother! :) )

watchman F said:
chestertonrules said:

Anyone disagree?
I thought he was referring to the One True Church???

chestertonrules said:
watchman F said:
chestertonrules said:

Anyone disagree?

Do you believe that God is capable of leading his Church into the fullness of Truth?

If so, then why wouldn't he?
Yes, He is.
He wants to lead us all into His truth.
John 16:13
13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

DarcyLu said:
chestertonrules said:
[
Anyone disagree?

If so, then why wouldn't he?[/quote]
Yes, He is.
He wants to lead us all into His truth.
John 16:13
13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.[/quote]

Seems clear to me. Division regarding the Truth is a sign that the Spirit is not being followed sufficiently.

The Lord's prayer in Jn.17 was that we all be one as He and the Father,vs.20,21. Such would enable the world to believe in Jesus (latter part of vs.21),

There is only one body, Eph.4:4.

That one body is the church, Eph.1:22,23, Col.1:18, Eph. 5:23,24.

Thus one body, one church. The church (singular) is the body, and the body (singular) is the church. Church and body, the same. AND one cannot separate Jesus from His body which is the church/

Paul, an apostle of Christ urged that we all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions, I Cor.1:10.

Paul taught the same everywhere in every church, I Cor.4:17.

God bless

chestertonrules said:
We should love them and teach them to listen to the Church of Jesus.(that's what I'm trying to do, brother! :) )
Chest,

I grew up in a centrally controlled group of professed Christians. The emphasis was very strongly on the visible church on earth and a neglect of the church of the first born written above where Jesus the mediator of the new covenant abides. Hebrews 12:25 go on to witness for us not to turn from the voice from heaven.

Are you talking about a visible church on earth or the church of the first born written above?

Joe

Joe67 said:
chestertonrules said:
Chest,

I grew up in a centrally controlled group of professed Christians. The emphasis was very strongly on the visible church on earth and a neglect of the church of the first born written above where Jesus the mediator of the new covenant abides. Hebrews 12:25 go on to witness for us not to turn from the voice from heaven.

Are you talking about a visible church on earth or the church of the first born written above?

Joe

I'm talking about the one true church Jesus started here:

Matt 16
18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

I think that the unity of the faith is the one true church. I think Paul tried hard to help us understand our differences in the use of the human body and its many parts being one.
If you are called to be an ear, then it shouldn't surprise you that, when talking to the eye, the two of you struggle to understand each others differences, but you agree that you answer to the same head; that is Christ.
In Him, by Him, and through Him, we find our unified church.

Obviously He came to bring a sword. I do believe that being divided can separate the wheat from the chaff and it also preserves a remnant of God's people. :twocents

Depends on where you want to meet? some never want to go to the Cross and die to this world. They love their own lives and lust for the things of this world. The true Church is beyond the Cross in the "Spirit" and it is already united by the Cross and the Work of Christ Jesus. We will not go back to Egypt nor Sodom to have a get-together with the "carnal church".

Joh 4:23

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Come on into "The Spirit" , and then you will understand that the "True Church" is already united!:yes

Anyone disagree?

No, I agree there is one church. God did not want division....man is to blame for that.

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them that are causing the divisions and occasions of stumbling, contrary to the doctrine which ye learned:—No greater evil, according to the Scriptures, could befall the churches than the divisions arising from the introduction of teachings and practices not required by God. The truth of the Bible is that God alone has the right to direct and guide the faith and service of his children. Everything added to the work or worship of God by man is a usurpation in the sight of God, and ought to be resisted. Things that enter into the worship of God ought to be distinguished from the things indifferent and from mere expedients used to help men in performing the service of God that render them comfortable while doing the worship. These constitute no part of the service, but are helps to man while doing that service, not additions to it. All additions to the service of God are sinful and cause divisions. God has forbidden anything to be added to what he has required. There cannot be a doubt but that the use of instrumental music in connection with the worship of God, whether used as a part of the worship or as an attractive accompaniment, is unauthorized by God and violates the oft-repeated prohibition to add nothing to, take nothing from, the commandments of the Lord. It destroys the difference between the holy and the unholy, counts the blood of the Son of God unclean, and tramples under foot the authority of the Son of God. It has not been authorized by God or sanctified with the blood of the Son.

Revelation 22:19 (KJV)

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Isn't it time for God's people to recognize the source of so many false doctrine's that have have caused division in the Lord's church? Who is it that decided that the Lord's church needs to establish a new set of "ministries" in the church? Who is it that are set out to "restructure" the Lord's church?

These individuals among God's people did not sow the pure seed of the word of God. They sow the corrupt seed of doubt and confusion. Their seeds produce not Christians but the thorns and thistles of just one more sad denomination. Have so many members of the Lord's church become Biblically ignorant?

Ever wonder why the Lord did not teach Christians to establish private schools to advance His cause? Think about it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul said there have to be divisions, boy, my english is bad. 1 cor 11:19 Why don't they have good Dutch forums? Anyway, we will be united, one new man, jew and gentile. I believe that's His will. Ef. 4:13 But I don't believe He wants an oecomenal man-made united church.

Paul said there have to be divisions, boy, my english is bad. 1 cor 11:19 Why don't they have good Dutch forums? Anyway, we will be united, one new man, jew and gentile. I believe that's His will. Ef. 4:13 But I don't believe He wants an oecomenal man-made united church.

Hi,

Hopefully we can get through the language barrier....this is a quote from Paul to the Corinthians....

1 Corinthians 1:10 (KJV)
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back