Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Does the Father know you?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JSD

Psalm 71
6 By You I have been sustained from my birth;
You are He who took me from my mother’s womb;
My praise is continually of You.

><>

Psalm 139
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.

><>

Isaiah 49

Salvation Reaches to the End of the Earth

1 Listen to Me, O islands,
And pay attention, you peoples from afar.
The Lord called Me from the womb;
From the body of My mother He named Me.
2 He has made My mouth like a sharp sword,
In the shadow of His hand He has concealed Me;
And He has also made Me a select arrow,
He has hidden Me in His quiver.
3 He said to Me, “You are My Servant, Israel,
In Whom I will show My glory.â€
4 But I said, “I have toiled in vain,
I have spent My strength for nothing and vanity;
Yet surely the justice due to Me is with the Lord,
And My reward with My God.â€

5 And now says the Lord, who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant,
To bring Jacob back to Him, so that Israel might be gathered to Him
(For I am honored in the sight of the Lord,
And My God is My strength),
6 He says, “It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant
To raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the preserved ones of Israel;
I will also make You a light of the nations
So that My salvation may reach to the end of the earth.â€
7 Thus says the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel and its Holy One,
To the despised One,
To the One abhorred by the nation,
To the Servant of rulers,
“Kings will see and arise,
Princes will also bow down,
Because of the Lord who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel who has chosen You.â€

><>

Jeremiah 1

5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
And before you were born I consecrated you;
I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.â€

><>

Luke 1

15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb. 16 And he will turn many of the sons of Israel back to the Lord their God. 17 It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers back to the children, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.â€

><>

Romans 8

28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

><>

Galatians 1

13 For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it; 14 and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions. 15 But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, was pleased 16 to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went away to Arabia, and returned once more to Damascus.

><>

Ephesians 1

15 For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might 20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

><>

2 Timothy 2

19 Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, “The Lord knows those who are His,†and, “Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness.â€

20 Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor. 21 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work. 22 Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. 23 But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. 24 The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, 25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

><>

So is this truly you, or...is it who you should be?

Romans 8:29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

These mini-sermons may sting a little...

Paul Washer: Lord, Lord? I Never Knew You!

[video=youtube;xM_AixqR2VM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM_AixqR2VM[/video]

Art Katz: And They Crucified Him

[video=youtube;2XK1xpKRWyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XK1xpKRWyQ[/video]

John Bevere: The True Grace Of God

[video=youtube;jZoJqZUXIz4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZoJqZUXIz4[/video]

Have you asked yourself the same question?

I believe this is something that should best be discussed in private, not in a Bible Study forum. If you'd like to talk to me about my walk, feel free to PM me. I would like to keep my threads/sermons free of debate and distraction if possible.

Please respect my threads as sermons/studies, not as debate/argument zones.

If you have something to add scripturally, please do so. If you don't have anything positive or enlightening to add, please refrain from posting in my threads.

“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.â€

I believe this is something that should best be discussed in private, not in a Bible Study forum. If you'd like to talk to me about my walk, feel free to PM me. I would like to keep my threads/sermons free of debate and distraction if possible.
I have no desire to debate you, or even to know the answer to my question, beyond "yes," or "no." It never fails to strike me as odd that people ask such questions without having considered it themselves. I'm not saying you have not. It is just that many times questions such as that get asked, and the person making the post has no clue as to how to answer it him/herself.

Only GOD knows the heart of each individual.

Humans only know what other humans tell them or they see their habitual acts that they have learned; not knowing if the heart is truly attached to them.

GOD knows the heart and from the heart GOD judges.
1 SAMUEL 16:7

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

GOD BLESS US ALL, EYES ON JESUS, and EARS TO THE HOLY SPIRIT DAY and NIGHT,

Mark 12:29-31

If the question is aimed at Matthew 7, it is Jesus that says whether or not he ever knew you...

If it is not this passage the O.P. had in mind...

John 16:26-27 (NASB95)
26 “In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf;
27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father.

Hard not to be known by the Father in that case.

Abba has called me according to His Purpose in Christ Jesus, in Whom I was and am immersed in whom I intimately am known. My testimony of Yeshua is simple and bold and true, and open to all around me, plain to see. The neighbors, business owners across the street, people in Christ and not in Christ around me or who meet me know by my life and testimony that I belong to Christ and live as He says to live (with all the troubles and persecution that goes with living righteously, just as it is written). Even the churches that kicked me out testify of my faithfulness to the life and truth in Jesus Christ (and woe to them, for with their own words they are already judged and, if they don't turn back to God they face an awful discipline or worse). God has made even mine enemies to be at peace with me, according to His time and purpose and plan, and it is wonderful to see. (though not all enemies, nor even all friends, ... .. um.... how to say this? ... ... (for later now) ) ...

It would be more wonderful, more joyful, more ecstatic in truth and joy and love and peace and life,
if God's People , who are called by His Name, could get together and pray. (in person. not on electronic imagery). and humble themselves(ourselves), and seek His Face, and learn to do as He says together as one.

When we allow ourselves to get into the flesh, as we all do, but only for a moment we will sin.

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. (they laid down their stones and walked away)

Rom 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Grace pardons us when we do sin, but does not give us a license to sin.

Back