Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Does this only happen to me?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

rohanthomas

Hello all,

The truth is - I've had a very on and off relationship with God. I go to him when I'm in trouble or depressed, but when everything is well, I'm not so close with him. Has anybody else ever had this kind of issue? I want my relationship with God to STICK, and I hope you would pray for the same :)

Hello all,

The truth is - I've had a very on and off relationship with God. I go to him when I'm in trouble or depressed, but when everything is well, I'm not so close with him. Has anybody else ever had this kind of issue? I want my relationship with God to STICK, and I hope you would pray for the same :)
If that is what you truly want pray to God and ask him to give you a daily relationship with Him.Ask Him to bring you closer to Him and to search your heart.

Dear Brother rohanthomas, most Christians grow up unto Christ in the same manner. Having given His Son Jesus for us, we belong to God and remain a work in progress (Eph 2:10) until we will be at home with Him. In the fire Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were shown the greatest affection and presence as they found Jesus' actually in the fire with them (Dan 3:25), the fire they were in had no power on them (Dan 3:27),and as the result exalted them to the positions they were to receive (Dan 3:30), Prayerfully you are coming to the end of you, and begin looking to the author and finisher of our faith (Heb 12:2) Who will sustain you in every storm, and deliver you to the joy of your salvation He wants you to have as David prayed for after all he experienced (Psa 51:12).
Blessings in Christ Jesus. :wave2

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are the same way as they first begin their walk with Christ. I have to remind myself that prayer isn't something you do when all else fails; its something you do daily.

I think a lot of people are the same way as they first begin their walk with Christ. I have to remind myself that prayer isn't something you do when all else fails; its something you do daily.

Excellent observation Christ_empowered . :thumbsup

1 Thessalonians 5
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Ephesians 5
20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Getting into the habit of daily communication with God is what caused my relationship with God to blossom. Giving thanks always for the good and the not so good.

As well as giving thanks for all the blessings you have received, and being mindful to do so each day; have you considered perhaps volunteering at your local church of preference? This would help you in seeing God's work being done within the community, and hopefully bring you closer to having a constant personal relationship with God.

Just something to think about.

Back