Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does this sound wrong?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
N

Nicholas Cid

1st off I'd like you all to know that I was an Extreme Psychotic Nutritionist before I was saved and in many occasions did EXTREME Dieting(sometimes I would starve and do extreme workouts). Now that being said let me tell you what I've been doing for the past couple of weeks and why I am doing it.

For the past couple weeks I have been eating less or about 1000 calories a day and doing 1 hour of exercise. My excercises are 200 push ups and about 150 reps of 30 pounds of free weight curls. My strength has been increasing each couple of days or week and I'm increasing the # of push ups and reps. I am getting very fit. I also do 30 minutes at the gym working out my back and other muscles that don't include my biceps and chest.

I know in the past I have gotten very obsessive over many things. As a child I was diagnosed with OCD and many other disorders. For 5 days out of the week I usually eat 2 buffalo chicken sandwiches with 2 tbsp of blue cheese dressing on each bun. I have a bowl of chips, but have switched to a much lower calorie substitute which is Pirate's Booty popcorn. I have 1 8oz glass of milk with 2 cookies or some desert which is between 100-200 calories. I can stay on very strict diets for months and eat the same things over and over for months.

1 diet I did in the past was 300 calories a day and I'd burn that up in 1 or 2 hours of working at my job which was physically demanding(it involved alot of cardio).
I reached the point of being extremely under weight and my bones were showing all over my body.

I trust in the lord very much and I believe I am healthy. I take extremely good care of my health and body, because I know in the future my family not be with me and I will have to take care of myself and health because no other human being(I will remain a virgin and single til I die) will help me or help take care of me when I am not feeling well. I know God will be taking care of me, but that is no excuse for me to go crazy and be unhealthy and eat whatever I want.

I'm getting used to not eating much day by day, because I know in the future I will highly be persecuted for my faith by communists. I will be in prison and die by execution. I know I will be tortured, so that is why I am preparing my Mind, Body, and Spirit for what is going to happen to me. I know there is no way you can really be ready for persecution and torture, but I am preparing for it.

I would appreciate some thoughts on this topic. thank you and God bless you and your family.:thumbsup

I know in the past I have gotten very obsessive over many things.

I trust in the lord very much and I believe I am healthy. I take extremely good care of my health and body, because I know in the future my family not be with me and I will have to take care of myself and health because no other human being(I will remain a virgin and single til I die) will help me or help take care of me when I am not feeling well. I know God will be taking care of me, but that is no excuse for me to go crazy and be unhealthy and eat whatever I want.

Hello Nicholas.

I caught your thread off the main board and was intrigued by the title. I don't know much of your background, but I am wondering it your question in the title was a moral one or practical one?

Your diet and exercise routine seems a bit extreme to me; more in line with someone who is not happy with themselves than just trying to be healthy.

The culture of the world will tell us something is wrong with our bodies. Sometimes that's true, but often it's not. Often people who work our and diet obsessively do it because they are seeking something more than just health. They will often become unhealthy trying to achieve a certain unrealistic look, and they will do it in the name of health, when it's actually something else.

I pulled two of your quotes because they stuck out at me. You mentioned you have had some problems with OCD? This is a medical issue and many people have some form of it. Have you sought any help from a doctor? OCD is often a fear based issue that leads to obsessive behavior. I can tell by some of your statements that this might be true for you. If it is you might want to explore that more.

If you truly trust God, then why not stick with His diet plan?

In our world today there are a lot of bad foods, or I should say FAKE foods. I'm 47. I'm 5' 11' and I weigh 176 lbs. I do not exercise. My rule for eating is simple. If God did not make it, I do not eat it. I eat fruits, vegetables and meats. I don't eat anything from a box, or drive through window, and I recently stopped eating breads, about 6 months ago. I am on a gluten free diet for my high blood pressure.

I can tell yout this, God made your body the way it is. He designed your muscle mass, your height, color of skin, eyes and hair, shape, as He saw fit to His plan. Just treat that with the foods He's designed and made available, rather than what man has designed and made available, and you will be fine.

I'm getting used to not eating much day by day, because I know in the future I will highly be persecuted for my faith by communists. I will be in prison and die by execution. I know I will be tortured, so that is why I am preparing my Mind, Body, and Spirit for what is going to happen to me. I know there is no way you can really be ready for persecution and torture, but I am preparing for it.

I'd be way more worried about radical muslims than about communists. And the way you are eating at the moment you are way more likely to die from the long term effects of malnutrition inflicted on yourself, rather than at the hands of some torturer.
I'm not an expert or so, but I'd guess a healthy and well fed body is much more capable to endure extreme situations. Maybe God would want you to survive in prison for a while to witness to your fellow inmates or to your persecutors? You couldn't do that if you halfway starve yourself long before any persecution even happens.

Honestly, you may be falling prey to an eating disorder. You said you've been extermely underweight before. OCD and anorexia have a lot in common, and some scientists argue that they are actually two different versions of the same disorder. Eating disorders are a serious thing, people have died from anorexia. Of course it's a far stretch to tell someone on the internet they have an eating disorder, so maybe you should talk to someone in real life. Maybe some christian counsellor or a doctor you trust?

As for the "healthy body", contrary to what the media in these days make us believe health is not necessarily equivalent to the amount of muscles a person has. A normally shaped person can be healthier than a bodybuilder. Of course excersicing is usually healthy (unless you overdo it, like I did this week... ouch :sad), but it's only half of what you need in order to be fit. Your nutrition is the other half of it. Reducing your calories intake while trying to build up muscles seems contradictory. You need lots of proteins for the muscles to grow (about 1-2 grams per kilogram body weight) and carbs, too. I'd guess if you eat a little more, like 1500-2000 calories of the right kind, your physical fitness will improve even faster. If you eat too little for a prolonged amount of time you might even damage your fitness or your health, even though you may not yet notice it right now.
So unless you are obese and need to lose some fat (but since you said you used to be underweight I suppose you aren't obese) you shouldn't get on a long low calories diet while trying to built your muscles. You hamper your own progress.

Also, my mom always told me to eat my veggies. Where are the veggies in your diet? No, popcorn aren't veggies. :lol

I really do appreciate the thoughts and advice. Thank you very much. But I must stick with my fitness routine. Btw, I'm 24yrs old 178lbs 6'1. Have a great day and God bless everyone.

Your diet isn't only weird, but you are depleting resources with all those exercises. Exercise, like lack of rest, drugs, poison and such are resource depleters on the body. Exercise damages the body, and then the body repairs itself with proper nutrition hence in that respect, exercise is "good" by making the body stronger where the damage was repaired, but not to the point of being an exerciserholic or not building yourself up with nutrition.

The foods you listed are the antithesis of good nutrition. Are you taking vitamins? and by that I don't mean do-nothings like Centrum complete or some other run-of-the-mill multivitamin. I mean good and balanced dosages.

Yep, sounds like you're doing it all wrong. But the medical establishment is going to love you for it. They say to do what you are doing to stay "healthy" then when you break down, and you will eventually, they can treat you, make money, and then will have the gall to tell everyone you would have broken down even sooner if you did not exercise like an obsessed person and eat low calories. :lol Yeah, right.

[MENTION=89710]Nicholas Cid[/MENTION]

I will be praying for you to let God & your Christian family help you make good, godly decisions so that you can be all that God wants you to be & do all that He has in store for you. I do not know if God has spoken to you about your perceived persecution, but I do know that you're doubting your own logic concerning it. That's a show of humility on your part & God always blesses that. I am trusting that God will see to it that your heart will receive the concern of all of those posting here.

Love in Christ,
Mizzy

The foods you listed are the antithesis of good nutrition. Are you taking vitamins? and by that I don't mean do-nothings like Centrum complete or some other run-of-the-mill multivitamin. I mean good and balanced dosages.
No I don't take Vitamins. I don't like Medicine/pills. However when the pain becomes unbearable I sometimes take 1 or 2 tablets of Aleve.

I thank you very much for your concern and your Advice. God bless you and your family.

I do not know if God has spoken to you about your perceived persecution, but I do know that you're doubting your own logic concerning it.
What do you mean by this? I thank you very much for your prayers. You and your family are in my prayers aswell. God bless you and your family. :colorsmile

I do not know if God has spoken to you about your perceived persecution, but I do know that you're doubting your own logic concerning it.
What do you mean by this? I thank you very much for your prayers. You and your family are in my prayers aswell. God bless you and your family. :colorsmile

I just meant that, by your posting here for advice as to whether or not it sounds wrong, I knew that you're doubting yourself, Nicholas. :colorsmile

I just meant that, by your posting here for advice as to whether or not it sounds wrong, I knew that you're doubting yourself, Nicholas. :colorsmile
Just because someone is curious about what some people think or believe doesn't mean their doubting what think or believe. It just means their curious. But if you want to assume that I'm doubting myself and God, then you have that freedom.

Back