Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Dreams and visions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well I hope nobody thinks I'm kookoo for cocoa puffs, but well, considering that just because I put my faith in an invisible God, the world thinks I'm insane so here it goes....I had a vision last year in which I was in the presence of the Risen Christ. It was INTENSE for lack of a better word. I wanted to know if anyone else has had dreams or visions. In my vision I KNEW this was God Incarnate and I had NO CHOICE but to bow before Him. I could also feel my mortality as just being in the presence of God could not be endured. He literally could unmake me at any instant, I even had to gather up the courage to beg Jesus to forgive me of all my sins. Jesus however was kind and gentle and forgave me. It was the Power and Glory that He radiated which was so frightening. As I was coming out of my vision I would've sworn I was being taken up in the rapture...and I was disappointed I had not. I came away from the vision feeling closer to God, more respective of who He truly is, and feeling like we only have a short time on this earth before God calls us all home and pours out His Righteous wrath upon the evil one and his minions.

Well I hope nobody thinks I'm kookoo for cocoa puffs, but well, considering that just because I put my faith in an invisible God, the world thinks I'm insane so here it goes....I had a vision last year in which I was in the presence of the Risen Christ. It was INTENSE for lack of a better word. I wanted to know if anyone else has had dreams or visions. In my vision I KNEW this was God Incarnate and I had NO CHOICE but to bow before Him. I could also feel my mortality as just being in the presence of God could not be endured. He literally could unmake me at any instant, I even had to gather up the courage to beg Jesus to forgive me of all my sins. Jesus however was kind and gentle and forgave me. It was the Power and Glory that He radiated which was so frightening. As I was coming out of my vision I would've sworn I was being taken up in the rapture...and I was disappointed I had not. I came away from the vision feeling closer to God, more respective of who He truly is, and feeling like we only have a short time on this earth before God calls us all home and pours out His Righteous wrath upon the evil one and his minions.
I don't think you're crazy, and I think it's sad we live in a time where people would want to scrutinize this sort of vision with ideas of mental illness or otherwise. I believe in miracles, visions, dreams and wonders from the Lord. Have I had any? Nothing so tangible. The stirring in my conscience from the Spirit which caused my race to the altar was miraculous, and when I see the rhema being spoken by anointed preachers, these things are beautiful miracles. I have never seen Jesus, nor angels, but I don't doubt those who say they have. I am so sinful that I would likely burn away like dried hay in His Presence. But I thank God for your revelation and I pray it edifies you and keeps you on the straight and narrow 'til Kingdom come.

I don't think you're crazy, and I think it's sad we live in a time where people would want to scrutinize this sort of vision with ideas of mental illness or otherwise. I believe in miracles, visions, dreams and wonders from the Lord. Have I had any? Nothing so tangible. The stirring in my conscience from the Spirit which caused my race to the altar was miraculous, and when I see the rhema being spoken by anointed preachers, these things are beautiful miracles. I have never seen Jesus, nor angels, but I don't doubt those who say they have. I am so sinful that I would likely burn away like dried hay in His Presence. But I thank God for your revelation and I pray it edifies you and keeps you on the straight and narrow 'til Kingdom come.
For Him to choose me to have that vision I was like "why me Lord? I'm so unworthy!" But God picks who He picks for specific reasons known only to Him.

For the sake of edification I will share this: God granted me a miracle that I prayed for and sought after, and that was the gift of tears.

Pray and ask God to reveal the meaning of the dream. Also it is important to seek God for whether the dream is symbolic or literal. Finally seek God on whether to share your dream with a particular person. Remember, Joseph's family became jealous when he revealed his dreams.

I went through a period of doubt at one time, even though I was Spiritually born again, but allowed circumstances to weaken my faith, and asked Jesus to reveal himself to me. I was taking communion and ask Jesus to reveal to me if he was real or not. I have a habit that I always break the bread in half as to me it represents Jesus flesh being broken for me. When I broke the bread I was suddenly caught up in the Spirit as Jesus did reveal himself to me in a way that will always stay with me as he hung on the cross. When I broke the bread I could literally hear his flesh being ripped apart with every stripe he took. When I drank the juice all I could see was Jesus hanging on the cross as he was unrecognizable as blood covered every inch of his body as it flowed from the top of his head down to the ground and touched my feet. It was so graphic I could have thrown up, but all I could do is stand there and cry. I had no more doubt and at that moment surrendered all to live in his will and no longer my own.

. My friend you are not crazy the bible says in the end times people would receive dreams and visions.
I don't receive a lot of full out visions but he does speak to me in a way that could be classified as visions. I receive images and scenarios in my mind that seem very real when i see them. I had one very similar to yours. I was finally before the throne of God and his power might majesty and glory was so very powerful. I mean even if you wanted to stand you couldnt. I was kneeling before him and I felt so filthy and disgusting in his pure and clean presence and yet at the same time I was so amazed at who he is I was trembling but not from fear but rather at how awesome he was.

I felt completely unworthy like filthy trash before him but Jesus appeared before me and lifted my face up and he was smiling and had such loving and caring eyes and said to me you are worthy for you are my child. I think he read my mind because he said I could sit in fathers lap and so I ran to father like a small child so happy and excited and he laughed with such an amazing laugh with open arms.

But that laughter of his.... I can't even begin to explain it, it was so mighty and strong yet at the same time so loving.

Well, acts 2:17 does say:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams

And that answered one thing about myself. I now know why I only dream dreams and no longer see visions. :lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back