Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Drinking alcohol (not drunkenness)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
:thumbsup:biglol

Oh man, that's hilarious! I want to get a sharpie and go down tot he store and "fix" all the Mountain dew bottles now
and write in hebrew blessed by the rabbi. kosher mt dew lol.

that was a joke nick posted elsewhere.

Dew is considered parve. It doesn't have a K or the P or the little sign on it but my orthodox friend told me that his rabbi said it's legit as long as its not from a fountain (I guess sharing a nozzle/spigot isn't kosher?). He likes coming to my house because I only eat kosher... man I love the Jews and their awesome diet restrictions, makes milk allergies so much more bearable :thumbsup

I can't say I have an issue with anyone (aside from alcoholics) drinking in private or public, whether a pastor or 'normal citizen'.

Granted, when I mean drinking, I mean something like a glass of wine or beer with dinner. Not a half dozen drinks so that they're tipsy (ESPECIALLY when drinking somewhere other than their own home).

So long as it's not a vice (such as an alcoholic) and they're not endangering others (like drunk or tipsy drivers) I have no issue with it. Nowhere in the Bible does it denounce or discourage drinking moderately - most of the people in Biblical times drank wine or beer. Beer was very popular, particularly in 'working class' people.

Back