Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Drinking alcohol (not drunkenness)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The discussion about alcohol can benefit from reading also the Scripture found in Ehpesians 5:

(Eph 5:8-21 NIV) - "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible.

This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."

Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.

Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ."

We are told in Romans 13:12 (NIV) - "The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light."

:lol

Good stuff. So nothing is wrong with SDA?
Distinctives of the SDA form a wavy line.

There is some of the 'We never taught that and besides we dont anymore' type of stuff, like the MOB is Sunday worship.

But thats off topic.

Seriously, do you really know of a "SDA" thing? Cause I sure don't. Yet I would like to know!

Sounds like whatever it is, it's not good.

Hence, "but I am not SDA!!" HAHA

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

SDA teach Truth. (No alcohol drinking) But that is just one of the Truths taught for [DOCTRINE]. OK??

And per/subject, as stated 'fermentated' stuff is a mixture of the good with the bad. Such as any false doctrine. See Rev. 17:1-3, verse 2 has.. 'the inhabitants of the EARTH HAVE BEEN MADE DRUNK WITH THE WINE OF HER FORNICATION].' (on came God's Inspiration with the spiritual drunks of Rev. 17:1-5!)

OK: Note what Christ documents in this verse as far as any Doctrine or any church (SDA) that talks the True talk yet, does not LIVE the Talk! (compare Matt. 23:15 also!)

Matt.23

[1] Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

[2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

[3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

SDA have excellent Bibical Doctrines built from the Psalms 77:13 Truths, as did these ones of Matt. 23 where Christ tell's everyone in 'future' time (Eccl. 1:9-10 + Eccl. 3:15) what True 'PURE WINE' of Love consists of. There is NO beating around the bush there!:thumbsup And Doctrines alone save NO one, it takes both, Christ & His Virgin Doctrines!

---Elijah

It's too bad that SDA's don't teach the whole truth. It's unfortunate that people get so close to the truth and yet they still fall into deception.

Hi, love/yah, but the post is not agreeable to my kind of 'WINE!';) I see Adventism as the only one having ALL PURE WINE Teaching'S! Built SQUARELY as REQUIRED in Exod. 25:8-9 + Psalms 77:13!:study

They are the repeats of Old Israel in Doctrine, [ALL] others 'fermented' ones are rejected as seen in Rev. 17:1-5. (Yes, there are still some there that will dump their old 'fermented' stuff out! John 10:16 + Rev. 18:4!) But most of them 'there ones';) don't even know where the REQUIRED Doctrines originate from! Heb. 8:5

And, most need even a 'picture' drawn of what has just been said by Christ's Word, huh?:crying
And.. As is documented by INSPIRATION in Isa. 3:1-7, verse 3 finds the ONLY problem with Adventist teachings! (and who they are!) Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15's TWICE DOCUMENTATION as proven in Gen. 41:32!:thumbsup

--Elijah

I have a different question for you all. I am placing it here in the general discussion because I want the input of non-believers as well. From the searching I have done on here I have come to the conclusion that most of you feel that whether or not alcohol is is wrong is a personal decision. Some people are okay with it and some are not. However most people do agree that the alcohol is not the problem so much as drunkenness. So on to my question:

Does your opinion of a person drinking alcohol change if the person has a position in the church? An Elder? Pastor?

Does your opinion change if the person chooses to drink in their private home as opposed to in public (such as a restaurant)?

Again, I would like the input of non-church-going people on this as well. What do you think of a church-going person you see in public drinking alcohol? Is your opinion different if the person has a position in the church instead of just being a church member?

Remember this is not referring to someone getting drunk. This is merely the sight of a person drinking alcohol.

Thank you for your input!

Booze is a killer, don't give people an excuse to drink, with, or without your actions or approval..

turnorburn

Just curious, what has this above post said? --Elijah
my mother in law is sda and trust me she follows the law and the sabaath.

most of sda i know of do. im sure the posters that were sda and if they were here will agree.

besides the law doesnt condemn drinking of whine. its kosher. i have seen rabbis of today teach that in moderation.

One of the Hasidic groups in upstate New York are famous for teaching that "wine" initially meant grape juice (ie modern day that isn't allowed to ferment). Just saying, some Jewish groups view "wine" as a non-alcohol also, it's not just a Christian thing.

One of the Hasidic groups in upstate New York are famous for teaching that "wine" initially meant grape juice (ie modern day that isn't allowed to ferment). Just saying, some Jewish groups view "wine" as a non-alcohol also, it's not just a Christian thing.
the hasidic jews are cult even amongst the jews. they are very new agey. well so are most jews that i seem to talk to.

go figure. i think i will read up on judiasm.sadly the only time i get to go to temple is when theres a death in the family.

Really? Maybe it wasn't Hasidic than? It was the really uber strict Jews. They have the full beards and the shawls and the dread/curls and the campaign/stetson/full brim hats.

On Saturday they walk everywhere and they hire some gentile to do all the chores in temple on Saturday (heat/lights/ect.)

Really? Maybe it wasn't Hasidic than? It was the really uber strict Jews. They have the full beards and the shawls and the dread/curls and the campaign/stetson/full brim hats.
:lol orthodox. and rabbis at that.

do pray for me. i will be going to funeral of my grandmother and its a traditional orthodox jewish burial.

of all places to name the the cemetery. mt nebo.

:lol orthodox. and rabbis at that.

do pray for me. i will be going to funeral of my grandmother and its a traditional orthodox jewish burial.

of all places to name the the cemetery. mt nebo.
Shoot, Mt. Nebo isn't a cemetery! It's a where one of our baseball fields is. :lol

Mt. Nebo

Back