Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] drive a scientist insane and emptyworded...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

xounstaer

what was there before the bang? and before that? and where did that come from??

what is there after there is no time? and after that? and what remains then??

where did the sky/outter space come from???lol

no but really. even if all is answerred you can keep it bginningless and endless like this.

ow whoop we just went trhough constantly just nobody saw:lol

what was there before the bang? and before that? and where did that come from??

what is there after there is no time? and after that? and what remains then??

where did the sky/outter space come from???lol

no but really. even if all is answerred you can keep it bginningless and endless like this.

ow whoop we just went trhough constantly just nobody saw:lol

One student in a lecture on the Big Bang said:

Hey Prof, if I understand you right, first there was nothing. Right?

Prof: Right

Student: Then it exploded?

Duhhh.

Dawkins says to God:

We've advanced so far these days, we can make man from the dust, just like you did.

God:

OK, go ahead.

Dawkins takes handful of dust and God says:

Hey, hold it. Go get your own dust...

Duhhh.

Moses says to God in heaven:

Hey, look! There's rabbi Bloom - playing golf - on the sabbath! Do something!

God says: OK.

Bloom hits a hole in one!

Moses: What are you doing? That's every golfer's absolute dream - a hole in one!

God:

Yes - but who's he going to tell???

Last edited by a moderator:
Corrie ten Boom was hiding a very strict orthodox jewish rabbi in the house - but they hadn't had a piece of meat for 3 weeks or more.

One day they managed to get a few pork sausages - and every body was watching the rabbi to see what he would do.

He tucked into his sausages with gusto, saying:

"I'm sure the Talmud says something about this situation. I'll go look as soon as I finish these sausages!"

¬.¬ to turn your silly point back on itself... what was there before god?

as christian point a viuew i find it a funny question.

to take your question serious i would answer: some that created god.

but god was never created so there was nothing before god since that's impossible coz god allways was is and will be.

could leave you with wondering who is god.
to which i have 4 theories commonly known..

The original post shows an unfortunate misunderstanding of science and those who use it to better understand creation.

I'm not empty worded:

What was there before God?

If he always was, why can't the universe always have been?
simple heat death, and laws of entropy. if it ends it must have a beginning. God has neither end nor beginning. the universe has a begggining and is slowing down.

Our current observable universe, yes, but we are talking about singularity.
yes but a singularity doing it is mere speculation as that matter has to originate. order from chaos is also a violation of entropy. things dont assemble themselves do they?

inorganic matter without something acting on it to guide dont form organised materials.oh they react if they are together by chance or placed together.

¬.¬ to turn your silly point back on itself... what was there before god?

There wasn't such a time.

But we know, don't we. that the universe definitely had a beginning?

What was before that, apart from the One who starts the ball rolling?

Newton had it right - and you know full well that he does, when he said that everything is at rest until acted upon by some external force. Therefore, he says, how did the stars and planets etc start moving, unless an external force gave them a push?

What's your explanation of that simple fact?

There wasn't such a time.
Well, as archaeological evidence strongly indicates that religions that, on the one hand, focussed on parts and attributes of the female form and, on the other, were indisputably polytheistic in nature long pre-dated the patriarchal Abrahamic religions that emerged from the Indo-European cultures in the 1st Millennium BC, it is possible to argue that the god of those religions is a relative newcomer on the scene.
But we know, don't we. that the universe definitely had a beginning?
Well, this Universe appears to have one, that's true.
What was before that, apart from the One who starts the ball rolling?
Well, multi- or metaverse theories do not posit the need for an intelligent agent to start anything 'rolling'. Even if we posit that only our Universe exists, it is not a given that there must have been an intelligent causal agent that brought it into being.
Newton had it right - and you know full well that he does, when he said that everything is at rest until acted upon by some external force. Therefore, he says, how did the stars and planets etc start moving, unless an external force gave them a push?
Maybe Newton's understanding of the origins of the Universe were limited by the context in which he expressed his thoughts? in other words, Newton had no idea of the physical consequences of the Universe emerging from a singularity, one of those consequences being the motion that was imparted to the component parts of the Universe.
What's your explanation of that simple fact?
Big Bang physics and tidal interactions between gas clouds as solar systems and galaxies formed.

star formation have yet to verified as one possible protostar cant be fully verified and the law of physics states that energy cant be created nor destroyed.by admission you have state the universe had a beginning, so if in some form it came from another unverifable nor cant be observed multiverse where did that come from? an eternal multiphased universe is as just as much as 'faith" statement as the stating God did it.

energy is also lost during transference.,the clutch and torque converters in cars is just one fine example. i should do a thread on basic hydraulics and physics as i do see this when i operate hydro static machinery(i dont have to hit the brakes to stop the equipment, just push the clutch or let off the gas)

star formation have yet to verified as one possible protostar cant be fully verified...
My understanding is that protostars have been identified, for example in the Orion Nebula.
...and the law of physics states that energy cant be created nor destroyed.
Again, my understanding is that star formation does not violate this law.
by admission you have state the universe had a beginning, so if in some form it came from another unverifable nor cant be observed multiverse where did that come from? an eternal multiphased universe is as just as much as 'faith" statement as the stating God did it.
I don't take particular issue with this argument as such, except to point out that we can both construct mathematical models to explore the implications of meta/multiverses and also search for evidence to falsify the meta/multiverse hypothesis, neither of which options seem available for testing the concept and existence of a supernatural divinity.
energy is also lost during transference.,the clutch and torque converters in cars is just one fine example. i should do a thread on basic hydraulics and physics as i do see this when i operate hydro static machinery(i dont have to hit the brakes to stop the equipment, just push the clutch or let off the gas)
I'm not sure what point you are making here. Can you elaborate, please? Thanks.

Well, as archaeological evidence strongly indicates that religions that, on the one hand, focussed on parts and attributes of the female form and, on the other, were indisputably polytheistic in nature long pre-dated the patriarchal Abrahamic religions that emerged from the Indo-European cultures in the 1st Millennium BC, it is possible to argue that the god of those religions is a relative newcomer on the scene.

Well, this Universe appears to have one, that's true.

Well, multi- or metaverse theories do not posit the need for an intelligent agent to start anything 'rolling'. Even if we posit that only our Universe exists, it is not a given that there must have been an intelligent causal agent that brought it into being.

Maybe Newton's understanding of the origins of the Universe were limited by the context in which he expressed his thoughts? in other words, Newton had no idea of the physical consequences of the Universe emerging from a singularity, one of those consequences being the motion that was imparted to the component parts of the Universe.

Big Bang physics and tidal interactions between gas clouds as solar systems and galaxies formed.

Mate..... you still haven't found Him yet have you?

do things by themselves go from simple to complex. a singularlity which another type of universe(in which WE CANT TEST AS NO THIRD DIMENSIONAL OBJECT CAN WITHSTAND THE GRAVITY ) so therefore yours isnt testable. we can only guess. and guessing isnt really science now is it.

SO if no object from our universe can pass to the other and vice versa as they each have their own rules how can we test that it did come that way? we cant.

one universe having another set of laws cant "create" another universe without transfering energy to the other and then cease to be and remain to be testable and verifable.

argument by analogy it the atom smasher isnt a possiblity.if say entropy didnt exist in the singularity and we do see singularities in the is universe and they break down how can that first singularity ever be?what makes the universe changes it own rules?

jasoncran said:
do things by themselves go from simple to complex.
(There's a sublime humor in this question having no question mark...)

The answer is, "Yes. All-the-time. All around you, every single day."

Snowflake formation. That snowflake is significantly more organized and complex than that moist air.
The flow of unorganized water molecules from atmospheric dispersion, to cloud, to raindrop, to surface water to stream to river. That river is significantly more organized and complex than that moist air.
Salt precipitation in water
The formation of petrified wood.
The compaction of a sand dune into sandstone.
ripples sand under shallow seas.
Sand dunes.
The disks around Saturn.
The planets themselves, for that matter, and their organization with a metal core surrounded by molten oxide inner mantle, etc.
The separation of milkfat from skim milk upon sitting.
The breaking of cream while attempting a stroganoff.
The cohesion of sourdough bread upon baking.

It goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

I think your error is in trying to apply the theory of entropy on a small system. In any thermodynamics equation the most common mistake in in drawing the "system" too small for the physics that is actually driving it. Failing to account for disorganization in a far-flung area which lends energy to the small area of study.

Moreover, the discovery of quantum physics opens windows that Newton never knew existed in the reaction being far far from the action.

In the area of evolution itself (which I think was your main thrust in asking whether complex can come from simple) the well-understoof mechanism of many types of speciation is the very elegantly simple duplication followed by specialization. Many people are stumped by the seeming barrier of "what good is half an eye" or "what good is half a leg". The mechanism that resolves this mental barrier is the knowledge that very often these things develop through duplication followed by specialization. In this process the organism will first mutate to produce extra somethings. Whether it is extra stubs, or extra light sensitive cells or extra flaps. Once those genetic duplications (which are very very common and can be seen in the lab today) exist, at that point it is not a detriment to the organism as it goes through further mutation of the extra which can sometimes result in a very useful organ. So one can then see that "half a leg" is the intermediate step between an extra stub and a full leg, and that there was no biological reason why it had to be "useful" along its evolution, any more than people with six fingers today find their sixth finger "useful" (they often don't). But if that sixth finger further mutates to have a claw or webbing or some further mutation that then turns out to be useful after that initial useless duplication, you have now gained a "new" appendage that is "useful" by way of a "half a claw".

So whether it is the inorganic processes which include star formation (has been seen, HubbleSite - Out of the ordinary...out of this world.) or the organic processes which include reproduction with mutation, yes we see constantly around us things going "by themselves" from simple to more complex.

And it's a delightfully fascinating area of study that holds many awesome events!

SO if no object from our universe can pass to the other and vice versa as they each have their own rules how can we test that it did come that way? we cant.

There are several levels of discussion appropriate for this - all are interesting - that don't depend upon each other. The testable presentce of antimatter opens up an understanding of things that used to be untestable but now can be shown to breach barriers that we thought before were impnetrable.

At the same time, there is always a degree of supposing when one is creating an experimental plan. First one "guesses" at a possible mechanism, then one sits down and tries to mercilessly attack one's own guess. By this method one makes an experiment to test it. Typically, the first and tenth and 50th experiment do not "prove" the hypothesis, we say instead whether they "support" it. So if some tests support a hypothesis, you might call that guessing, but it's the first step toward understanding with a robust background in order to later "accept" the hypothesis (provisionally, always subject to destruction by new evidence) as a working model that can be relied upon at that time.

There's a very interesting thread on a different site about whether there is any physical support for string theory. Some people accept the model as a working theory, some others (all atheists, BTW) consider it just someone's pet dream of unification with no support. so it's an interesting debate, but the commonality between all of them is that you start with some small supporting evidence and it builds up from that.

one universe having another set of laws cant "create" another universe without transfering energy to the other and then cease to be and remain to be testable and verifable.

But one may see evidence of a transfer in other ways and one could possibly see small examples of such a transfer which then have no reason not to be analogous to a larger system. An example of this may be in the study of black holes and how they behave leading to a new understanding or discovery of matter or energy that is not from our current universe. There are many forms of energy and matter that have only recently been detected that lead to interesting questions. Neutrinos, anti matter, dark matter, dark energy and gravitational waves on teh cosmic background to name a few.

argument by analogy it the atom smasher isnt a possiblity.if say entropy didnt exist in the singularity and we do see singularities in the is universe and they break down how can that first singularity ever be?

What makes you think there was a first? Where is the beginning of a circle?

what makes a universe change it own rules?
interaction with something else, perhaps? What makes the earth change its magnetic poles? If existence is bigger than our universe, what would prevent some other action from happening on a universe?

Can you give me a reason that there has to be a first universe or that something we don't know about yet can't exert known physical/energetic effects on ours or any other universe?

(btw, your thread title is funny. A pretty bold claim, there!)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back