Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

E3 '06

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Z

zay

Hi everyone, I took a quick glance and didn't see this topic, so I just wanted to ask for everyone's opinion on E3. It was interesting to say the least, we finally got some answers on what the next gen battle is going to look like. A $500/600 playstation 3, solid lineup from Xbox 360, and pure innovation from the Nintendo Wii.

To me, Nintendo won the show by showing innovative games that get gamers off the chair and into the game with their new controller. I felt they were going to have a great show, but they really pulled out the stops with its new controller and games. Xbox showed that they will have a voice in the next-gen war by coming out with a solid line up of games and gaining licenses that will keep them in the game potentially for years to come. And Sony with its behemoth and powerful blueray PS3 is banking on consumers not just wanting a gaming machine, but a pure entertainment machine. And to top it off, there's some great games coming! Just wanted everyone's thoughts. Who won? Who's going to shell out that much cash for a PS3? Will Sony's gamble pay off? Who's getting a Wii or 360? What games did you/will you like? What are the Wii/PS3's remaining secrets? It'll be interesting to see it begin play out over the next few months.

It's been a few weeks since I pre-ordered the PS3. It won in my opinion, so many high thrill shooting games are going to the platform and GTA 4 which will be in my capitol city in England, London! I have the 360 but Sony always sins for me, just better games and better product for the price. I don't like Nintendo a lot, I have ds but a lot of their stuff is not very thrilling or challenging.

RichardE40K said:
It's been a few weeks since I pre-ordered the PS3. It won in my opinion, so many high thrill shooting games are going to the platform and GTA 4 which will be in my capitol city in England, London! I have the 360 but Sony always sins for me, just better games and better product for the price. I don't like Nintendo a lot, I have ds but a lot of their stuff is not very thrilling or challenging.

I have a hard time believing the PS3 is going to be twice as good as the 360. Especially when the bulk of the games will be cross-platform, GTA4 included. I guess the question is: Are you willing to pay $700US to play MGS4 and FFXIII?

Metal Gear solid yes, FF no. However PS3 will be getting many platform only games, such as Resistance fall of man and killzone.

RichardE40K said:
Metal Gear solid yes, FF no. However PS3 will be getting many platform only games, such as Resistance fall of man and killzone.

Well, yes, but so will the 360, and so will the Wii. It's a matter of which games are system sellers. Resistance looks pretty (though everyone I know who actually played it walked away unimpressed), and Killzone might be cool, but then Bioshock looks fantastic, as does Prey. Those are kind of a wash.

The system sellers on each side seem to be:

Sony
MGS4 (assuming it doesn't go cross-platform, as its predecessors have)
FFXIII
Gran Turismo HD (which has thus far failed to wow anyone)
Warhawk

Microsoft
Gears of War (generally considered Game of Show)
Halo 3
Mass Effect

These are the games people will look at when making their decision. And it's not just "Would you rather play MGS4 than Halo 3?" It's "Is it worth an extra $300 to you to play MGS4 over Halo 3?" You're a testament to the fact that some people will. For me, there's not a franchise out there that's worth that much. It's sort of like a choice between MGS4, and Halo 3 plus 5 other games thrown in for free.

A few people here confused about the ps3, first off, GTA 4 is a xbox 360 exclusive, which is why uncle got a tatoo of it on his arm....... Second, fortunatly, Sony had the least amount of people, and all of their promises werent met. The graphics looked like the 360, i thought we were supposed to get 1080p!

Nintendo definatly won, they had the most amount of people, and everyone just loved how the games were, especially the FPS controlls.

RichardE40K said:
Every play Trama Center: Under the Knife? ;)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back