Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Easter eggs

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
pretty pagan?

I don't I just cant, I can do a little bit of Santa at Christmas but the bunnys and eggs at His death/ resurrection not for me.

The best thing about the WORLDS view of Easter is the Bradbury commercial where the poor critters are trying to cluck like a chicken...

Gotta admit, I think that's funny too! My favorite is the lion!

When we allow pagan practices into the Church, even though it's a cutesy thing for childrens entertainment, then we are also giving place to Satan unaware we are doing so.
I'm not. Are you?

Do us all a favor. Hold to this belief if you wish, but don't chastise the rest of us who choose not to fall into legalism. Most of us here are not the "weaker brother" or "weaker sister" you may intend to address. It would behoove you to know who you are talking to before you start criticizing.

Let me ask you this: Do you go to bars? Do you patronize restaurants that serve alcohol? Do you go to movie theaters that are showing "questionable" fare? Do you like blues and jazz clubs where there is smoking and drinking going on? Do you go to shopping malls to buy presents at Christmas, or do you go there during the rest of the year to buy clothes, jewelry, or other products? Do you stop at convenience stores to buy gas, snacks, drinks? Do you like opera, ballet, Broadway shows, or other theater options? Do you engage in Internet message boards and forums?

Once I see your answers, I'll tell you why I ask.

Please show me where I chastised anyone or even said anything about anyone being a weaker brother or sister. I would think most who come into these forums are well versed in the word of God and even though we might not agree with each other at times does not mean we have no love for oneanother as even you are my brother in Christ whom I love. I hold my views by what God has spoken and I will not participate in that of worldly desires as Gods word is not legalism, but the very bread I live by. The OP presented a question about Easter eggs and I gave not my view, but where the tradtion came from. If anyone has a problem with that, as I would think we would want to know truth, I do not apologize as I must be about my Fathers business and will not compromise His word in order to tickle ears.

As per your questions you ask of me, no I do not go to bars. I do eat at restaurants that serve alcohol, but I do not drink as at one time I was a borderline alcoholic, for there is nothing in the drink that can cause one to sin if they drink in moderation as to not allow the tongue to sin by excess use of alcohol. I do not go to movie theathers nor go to any clubs, but do enjoy jazz and blues depending on the lyrics. I do buy presents at Christmas, but as giving gifts to others as God gave us His greatest gift of His son Christ Jesus and even though Jesus was not born on this day of the year I worship Him on this day and everyday actually over that of what the actual date represents as I will not bow down to other gods. I do not buy jewelrey as I'm not much into wearing it as I am a plain and simple country girl. My clothes I buy at Goodwill or Salvation Army to help support them for what they do for others in need. Other products that I need for the house or for nourishment I buy at the grocery store. As far as convience stores I only go to those that make their gas right here in America as I will not support dictators of other countries. We do not have Opera, ballet or broadway shows where I live, but if I did they would have to be wholesome in naature as far as the story line goes. Yes I am actually involved with three Christian forums plus my website as my intent is to come in and teach the word of God nothing more, nothing less. I have never asked anyone to agree with me, but to read and study the scriptures I give for themselves so the Holy Spirit can teach them.

This scripture is very important to the topic and how we celebrate things. Fun and games are good in their own right, but when it involves compromising the Temple of God, which is now found in our spirit for this is where the Holy Spirit dwells, then I think we need to rethink those things we involve ourselves in.

Matthew 21:
12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Please show me where I chastised anyone or even said anything about anyone being a weaker brother or sister.
By the very nature of your post, you do so.

When we allow pagan practices into the Church ...
Speak for yourself. If I want to color easter eggs with my soon-to-be step-grandkids, I'll do so, and I won't give one second's thought to pagans.

... even though it's a cutesy thing for childrens entertainment ...
If no one mentions pagans to the children, they'll never know about them. In fact, having come to Christ at the age of 40, I never even heard about the so-called "pagan origins of Easter" (what a crock!) until I heard it from other Christians. Even the pagans aren't advertising it the way Christians do! Sheez!

... then we are also giving place to Satan unaware we are doing so.
Absolute nonsense! If we don't know of Satan's alleged influence in the celebration (and by the way, there is none) we won't even consider, much less actually give, place to Satan. This is the absurd nature of your fears.

As I said in an earlier post, the pagan holiday you try to tie to Easter is celebrated on the Vernal Equinox, March 20 or 21. The earliest possible date for Easter is March 22, and the last time it was that early was exactly 100 years ago, nor will it be that early again until 2160.

I'm done here. You are more than welcome to your views on this. No one here is secretly worshiping Satan by coloring Easter eggs, for cryin' out loud!!

Last edited by a moderator:
God bless you thisnumbersdisconnected and may we all continue to seek out truth by that which the Holy Spirit reveals to us. I too will bow out of this so I may remain pleasing to the Father by what I speak.

Call me a legalist.... Fine. But you can't accuse me of letting in a little leaven, can you?
How about using the eggs to entertain the kids, while using the occasion to reveal the truth to them about the holiday? Ever thought of that?

Yea sure.... It's kind of like letting kids smoke pot and then revealing to them that it's wrong and against the law, isn't it?

Umm, I think a kid with an Easter egg and someone on a high with pot, are apples and oranges, frankly.

This is just so unbelievable. I just got home from a wonderful Good Friday service that left me in such a great and reverent mood, remembering who Christ was and what He did for me, and looking forward to celebrating His resurrection on Easter Sunday. But I am already missing the fellowship, so I come here to be with Christians in the internet world if I can't be with them right now in real life. And what do I see, but this legalistic, name calling, condemnation over an inconsequential thing like putting food coloring on egg shells so little kids can have a little something to bring them joy and happiness, and all this condemnation of the holiday that had thus far been bringing me closer to my Lord. You have totally ruined the wonderful and worshipful mood I was in. Thanks a lot. Good night.

Yeah it's weird, we get into a fight about tolerating paganism within Easter tradition, although we don't even know for sure whether the whole egg thing was pagan in the first place.
Bet the devil is rubbing his hands and laughing at our discord now. Watching Christian fellowship get disrupted like this must be one of his favourite pastimes. Especially when it happens on an important chistian day.

Getting out of the Easter Egg habit due to the nephews and nieces getting more and more grown. The youngest fixing to be a teenager on April 10th. But they are pretty and that they are really colorful!

This is just so unbelievable. I just got home from a wonderful Good Friday service that left me in such a great and reverent mood, remembering who Christ was and what He did for me, and looking forward to celebrating His resurrection on Easter Sunday. But I am already missing the fellowship, so I come here to be with Christians in the internet world if I can't be with them right now in real life. And what do I see, but this legalistic, name calling, condemnation over an inconsequential thing like putting food coloring on egg shells so little kids can have a little something to bring them joy and happiness, and all this condemnation of the holiday that had thus far been bringing me closer to my Lord. You have totally ruined the wonderful and worshipful mood I was in. Thanks a lot. Good night.

Yeah it's weird, we get into a fight about tolerating paganism within Easter tradition, although we don't even know for sure whether the whole egg thing was pagan in the first place.
Bet the devil is rubbing his hands and laughing at our discord now. Watching Christian fellowship get disrupted like this must be one of his favourite pastimes. Especially when it happens on an important chistian day.
Agreed. The devil works in sneaky ways.

I don't do Easter egg hunts anymore, either. It'd just be kinda weird now that I'm not a kid. xD

I do like to hide plastic eggs with treats inside and have my dog hunt for them--he loves it. :)

Umm, I think a kid with an Easter egg and someone on a high with pot, are apples and oranges, frankly.

Yea, so do I. One makes you stupid for a few hours and will get you arrested. The other is disobeying God.

Yea... Apples and oranges....

Hey everyone, get a load of this video. This is cool, and can be used anytime we want to make hard boiled eggs, e.g for salads.

[video=youtube;aazP6zvJmiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aazP6zvJmiQ[/video]

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back