Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

easy believism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Galatians 3:2, “This only would I learn of you, Received ye the
Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”

"Easy believerism", seems to me to be a derogatory term intended by those who are committed to works salvation . In truth what is EB is biblical.

"Easy believerism", seems to me to be a derogatory term intended by those who are committed to works salvation . In truth what is EB is biblical.
could be i am just trying to get a handle on the term being used ..even with a work based salvation is not easy. Grace is far more easier as the payment has been made in advance

My thoughts are that easy believism is believing in God and that Jesus is the Son of God, and that The third member is The Holy Spirit - hey presto I'm saved! Now I can carry on as normal. I don't need to work on my sins now because I have confessed them and said I'm sorry. As long as I say I'm sorry when I sin I don't have to try not to sin . I don't need to get to know Jesus, I don't need to read the bible, because I have done everything He asked me to. God loves me I accepted Jesus as my saviour and that's all that's needed. I can get on with my life as usual now. That's what I am thinking easy believism is. But I don't really know what it is - who am I to say.
good point . i am beginning to think it is term some one made up.along the way has been passed down like you i dont know either doing a search i found this https://www.gotquestions.org/easy-believism.html

Yes, I understood that.
Works salvation is not in the Christian covenant. But it is surprising how many people think we have to work our way to Heaven and then find out if we earned our stay.
problem is how much work do we have to do

alrighty if any one else has more to post feel free .i had never heard of easy beleiveism ..i have heard of cheapened things man brings up thanks to all for the input Grace

I see.

So you believe a person does not have to obey the Gospel, but only believe that Jesus is Lord?

I’m interested in hearing your thoughts on this subject.

JLB

If your brother or your dad says you need to get your car checked out and you believe him then you'll make efforts to make it happen. Set up an appointment, save money for taking it in, or at the very least not use the car as much. Action should follow belief. The same should be true with believing God. But somehow we get stuck with two sets of belief. The first set being to believe in God existing, and to believe in His promises and warnings (at least some of them). The second set is to believe what He says, and in this way I think there is no mistake that we are like children. We believe God will help us but not believe that we need follow His instruction.

I think belief is a bigger word then we give credit to it. And the challenge shouldn't be about b lie fish being weak, but challenge us if we really do believe.

I know from my life that too often I follow my own reasoning instead of God's instruction, so I assume this is true of most people. It's not that believing is a weak thing it's that we are not really believing, because we don't act on it.

My thoughts are that easy believism is believing in God and that Jesus is the Son of God, and that The third member is The Holy Spirit - hey presto I'm saved! Now I can carry on as normal. I don't need to work on my sins now because I have confessed them and said I'm sorry. As long as I say I'm sorry when I sin I don't have to try not to sin . I don't need to get to know Jesus, I don't need to read the bible, because I have done everything He asked me to. God loves me I accepted Jesus as my savior and that's all that's needed. I can get on with my life as usual now. That's what I am thinking easy believism is. But I don't really know what it is - who am I to say.
What you posted makes good sense to me Tessa, a prudent explanation of what is going on. I believe it would be advantageous for us believers to sit back, set aside pre-fed notions, yes even teachings, take a break from even the church for a week or so, and pray to the Holy Spirit to enlighten our hearts with the truth of the Gospel. I have full faith that the H.S will surely speak and guide us to God's truth, and not just our thoughts.

PS: While I was writing this post the Lord drew my attention to these verses. I am trying to understand why He gave me these verses ( his words) John 21: 15-17

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep."
*John 21: 15-17*

I think he is reminding me of His own words --- John 14:15 "If you love me, keep my commands.
There is so much teachings out there, that it's easy to lose track of Jesus' own expectations from us Peters.

I believe what Jesus taught. All of it as written and as messaged behind the words of parable.

Hebrews 4:10, “For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.”

Here is your verse with the context.

• those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,

Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, 7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. Hebrews 4:6-10

We are called to obey the Gospel.

Those who do not, will not enter the promised rest.

Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. Hebrews 4:11

JLB

those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,

Which is the same as disbelief.

Indeed, hearing the Gospel preached doesn’t result in profit for everyone but rather is an announcement that you must be united in faith to “His works” to receive His rest:

for indeed, we have had-good-news-announced, just as those also. But the word of hearing did not profit those ones, they not having been united in faith with the ones having heard. For we, the ones having believed, enter into the rest, just as He has said: “As I swore in My wrath, they shall never enter into My rest” [Ps 95:11]. And-yet, His works have been done since the foundation of the world.
Hebrews 4:2-3 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Hebrews 4:2-3&version=DLNT

Actually, it should be very simple to understand but an adult's heart is very corrupt and it makes it hard.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

God gives us understanding

Matthew 16:15-17 "But what about you?" he asked."Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

He gives us understanding like children. Children believe in the unbelievable, like a literal Son of God.

Matthew 18:3 And he said:"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

This is a humbling of the heart to the truth.

I know this process because I've gone through it and I would say that most adults don't have child-like wonder in their faith. They can't submit to this kind of truth because their hearts are too proud for that.

“But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth
the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” Romans 4:5

Romans 11:6 "But if it is by grace, it is not from works, or else grace is not grace. But if it is by works, it is not from grace, or else work is not work. "

Yes, I know. Thank you for posting that in red. :)
It is about the gospel good news. Which should be of paramount focus for all sisters and brothers here.

To continue in that pursuit.
The law of God, sometimes referred to as the law of Moses, if anything showed the ancient Jews that they were incapable of saving themselves. The sacrificial system and the blood sacrifices covered every defect, every transgression they would have committed under that law. A law that was delivered in three parts. Ceremonial, Civil, and Moral.

Certain of those collections of laws pertained to the Jews only. The civil for example. Ceremonial also because they were following the God of Abraham and were under the command to be obedient to God's law.
The moral laws, which we today know to still apply and are the ten commands that describe a construct of morality, which necessarily imparts civility, as well as allegiance to God. As in, thou shalt have no other God's before me.

Jesus appears throughout the old testament. He was The Word. And in the new testament he is The Word that is God.
John 1:23
In the beginning was The Word and the word was with God and The Word was God.

God begat himself through the power of his holy spirit upon Mary. The OT tells us no man can look upon the face of God and live. In order to fulfill the prophecy in the OT concerning the new covenant that would arrive God the teacher of that new way became a son of man, as well as being the son of God. Because he was begat upon a human woman, not created through the natural reproductive system of human male , female, sexual union.
And prior to this action by God's holy spirit Mary was told by the angel that delivered her that good news that she was to name her future son, Immanuel. Which means, God with us.
That name would inform anyone introduced to him that her son was that.

Jesus, as we call him today, brought forth the good news of salvation. As capsulized in just John 3:16. "...that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. "

Easy believerism is a term coined to be a derogatory assault on that verse alone.
And of course anyone who has been witnessed to know the Roman road of salvation scriptures that reiterate that.

Romans 30:10 & Romans 30:23 Romans 5:12 Romans 6:23 Romans 5:8 and Romans 10:13

Again, this thread isn't about OSAS or OSNAS. It is about belief and salvation.

Ephesians 2
2 And you, when you were dead in your offences, and sins,
2 Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of this air, of the spirit that now worketh on the children of unbelief:
3 In which also we all conversed in time past, in the desires of our flesh, fulfilling the will of the flesh and of our thoughts, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest:
4 But God, (who is rich in mercy,) for his exceeding charity wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together in Christ, (by whose grace you are saved,)
6 And hath raised us up together, and hath made us sit together in the heavenly places, through Christ Jesus.
7 That he might shew in the ages to come the abundant riches of his grace, in his bounty towards us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, for it is the gift of God;

9 Not of works, that no man may glory.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus in good works, which God hath prepared that we should walk in them.
11 For which cause be mindful that you, being heretofore Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called circumcision in the flesh, made by hands;
12 That you were at that time without Christ, being aliens from the conversation of Israel, and strangers to the testament, having no hope of the promise, and without God in this world.
13 But now in Christ Jesus, you, who some time were afar off, are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and breaking down the middle wall of partition, the enmities in his flesh:
15 Making void the law of commandments contained in decrees; that he might make the two in himself into one new man, making peace;
16 And might reconcile both to God in one body by the cross, killing the enmities in himself.
17 And coming, he preached peace to you that were afar off, and peace to them that were nigh.
18 For by him we have access both in one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now therefore you are no more strangers and foreigners; but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and the domestics of God,
20 Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone:
21 In whom all the building, being framed together, groweth up into an holy temple in the Lord.
22 In whom you also are built together into an habitation of God in the Spirit.
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
Public Domain

Back