Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Elon Musk vs. Australia

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So the news come out that a islamist fliped out because a christian preacher spoke about Mohammud and they were offended so they flipped out. Thats enough information, no one needs to acturally see any violent footage. They already know the situation. Unless someone questions it there is no need for anyone to view any footage.

Do you think if a school shooter streams video of his rampage, no government at any level has any right to have the video taken down?

The only issue is you give an inch the governemnt will take it a mile thats why we live under democractic and civil rights to prevent abuse of power. Responsibility should go around. Its not for governemnt to control what peopoe can and cannot say, what information they can voew, what they should eat, what they should drive, and completely micromanage everyones lives. Thats slavery and tyranny.

It dont nessesarly mean those in power have bad intentions but you give them them authority over information and speech suddenly next thing unless you fully obey and accept your ruler and there controlled media as the only source of truth or your some sort of extremist and a problem. Unless the people want to live under some form of totalitarian tyranny.

All i know is i dont want to live under a China or North Korean style dicatorship.

Imagine if a disinformation board was approved and Trump got in power, and the lefty lunatics were not allowed to critisise Trump anymore and no one was allowed to call him out for anything because obviously that is classed as fake news because the gocernment chooses whats the real news and anyone who spreads fake news that is not Trump apporved is a problem , only Trump news is the real news and the only news people are allowed to view. So just bow down to Trump forever.

I can already hear the liberal tears. See thats the problem, idiots dont know what they doing until its too late. But they only wanted to cencor information for the common good.

Imagine if a disinformation board was approved and Trump got in power, and the lefty lunatics were not allowed to critisise Trump anymore and no one was allowed to call him out for anything because obviously that is classed as fake news because the gocernment chooses whats the real news and anyone who spreads fake news that is not Trump apporved is a problem , only Trump news is the real news and the only news people are allowed to view. So just bow down to Trump forever.
It would be worth it for at least four years just to watch the libs meltdown. The whole "fake news" thing was probably the most entertaining part of the Trump presidency. Specifically his battles with CNN's Jim Acosta, and Trump just trolling CNN in general.

As I'm very fond of saying, if the West didn't have double standards, it would have no standards at all. A bunch of Muslims promoting Jewish genocide? Totally fine, says Australia. Don't be islamophobic, you bigot. A video showing a Muslim attempting to kill a Christian bishop? Crikey! That Elon Musk should be jailed for... doing something we don't like! XD

They're so pathetic. If Australia were to sink into the ocean tomorrow, who would care? It's not even a real country, it's a prison colony. The only good thing they ever produced was Steve Irwin.
So was Georgia .

Who cares if trump looses that prison colony.

Btw both prisons were not criminals but simple debtors. If that was a law today much of america would be a prison .

Hmm... well, I enjoy watching the police shoot people on YouTube. It's sort of like the Roman colosseum, I guess. I'm actually a really gentle person.

Well police dont enjoy shooting people and i dont know anyone who enjoys being shot by police. Maybe you have had a few too many rums.

Its ok for people to watch things in the comfort and safety of there own homes but in reality if they were eye witness in situatuons or first responders they wouldnt handle it, they be broken 1000 fold and scared for life. Some people dont realise the sacrifice our forst responders gice and have to witness and deal with.. Its a life of dwaling with traumatoc events and conflict. Thats there jobs. They do it sowe dont have to.

S9meone thinks they can watch war footage in the comfort of there home and say thats easy to watch, well they can go there and witness for themselves if they think they can handle reality, they can go to gaza for example and witness it, some people think they strong minded but they weak, they would break on the first day wouldnt handle it.

All our first responders, the police, the military, paramedics, and doctors, and fore service, SES, and so on, they full of PTSD, they sacrifice and suffer for society as there job. Many can handle and some cannot, and they need to be supported.

Its serious. I think the police need more support programmes for PTSD.

Havinf to deal with truma on a daily or regular basis would not be easy for anyone. People are messed up thats just reality, many people have deal with issues consitently so they on always gone be stressed or on edge. Sometimes its for better or worse. This world is just a mess.

This cop he was like fully angry flipping out because some dude had a bald tire on his car and like fined him hard and teying to teaxh him a lesson, and the reality and truth is, the cop was not a bad dude, he was a traffic cop and was probably sick and tired of having to witness idiots driving with bold tires hiting lam posts and dying and having to knock one someones door and telll them there child is dead, hes angry and upset when hes sees it, but only in righteous anger because he dont want to see anymore people dying. Hes suffering..

Hes not a ass cop hes just trying to do his job and he cares and hes suffering and he cares about society. Thats the truth.

First responders have to deal with and witness traumatic situations all the time consistently as there job on a regular basis.

Most people have regular jobs, they dont have to deal with too much, maybe complain they dont get paid enough or something.

Its like my nephew hes still young and wanted to come with me to see the old man when he was sick and i said no.

It would be too confronting for him. Im not taking him with me to literally watch some die on there death bed. I know i can handle it but that would have just given him PTSD.

I was just trying to protect him, he can just remember the good memories, he dont need to see someone struggling for there last breath and dying.

I can handle those situations he wouldnt handle it and it would have messed with his head he would have been all messed up. He dont need to witness that stuff. He cant even handle himself.

There's probably a specific category for school shootings. Because video gang shootings are allowed on X.
Earlier you mentioned X's ToS and how videos of school shootings violated them, but now it looks like you may not be sure what their ToS actually are.

So what specific parts of X's ToS have you been referring to?

Then how is every US-based social media company not in violation of Australian law?
They have to abide by a nation's laws when they operate in that nation. It's why X had to agree to abide by the EU's disinformation laws if they wanted to operate in the EU.

But it's not private if it's being streamed on the internet. Anyone can tune in.
"Private" refers to "not owned or operated by the government, with "the government" being public.

The only issue is you give an inch the governemnt will take it a mile thats why we live under democractic and civil rights to prevent abuse of power. Responsibility should go around. Its not for governemnt to control what peopoe can and cannot say, what information they can voew, what they should eat, what they should drive, and completely micromanage everyones lives. Thats slavery and tyranny.
Huh? That's not slavery or tyranny, it's simply keeping a society functional. What you're describing is anarchy, where I could threaten your kids, defame and slander your entire family, drive a tank that tears up the roads, etc. without any government interference at all.

All i know is i dont want to live under a China or North Korean style dicatorship.
FYI, speed limits, anti-libel laws, and the like do not make a country a dictatorship.

Earlier you mentioned X's ToS and how videos of school shootings violated them, but now it looks like you may not be sure what their ToS actually are.

So what specific parts of X's ToS have you been referring to?
I'm not familiar with X's ToS. I don't even use the platform. But I'm assuming Musk is familiar with it. He would look foolish if he sued the Australian government without knowing his own site's ToS.

They have to abide by a nation's laws when they operate in that nation. It's why X had to agree to abide by the EU's disinformation laws if they wanted to operate in the EU.

I see. Thanks for the correction.

"Private" refers to "not owned or operated by the government, with "the government" being public.
I understand that. But I'm pretty sure that, while a stream may not be public in the government sense, it is public in the general sense.

I'm not familiar with X's ToS. I don't even use the platform. But I'm assuming Musk is familiar with it. He would look foolish if he sued the Australian government without knowing his own site's ToS.
So earlier when you said some "kinds of videos violate TOS", that was you assuming.

I see. Thanks for the correction.
You're welcome.

I understand that. But I'm pretty sure that, while a stream may not be public in the government sense, it is public in the general sense.
And the question is whether or not such videos should be available to the public. You and I obviously disagree, but since you enjoy watching people die, that's hardly surprising.

So earlier when you said some "kinds of videos violate TOS", that was you assuming.
Yeah. I think it's a pretty safe assumption to make.

And the question is whether or not such videos should be available to the public. You and I obviously disagree, but since you enjoy watching people die, that's hardly surprising.
I don't like watching people die. I like watching the police do their thing. The videos that are more graphic come with a "graphic content" warning.

Yeah. I think it's a pretty safe assumption to make.
Without looking at the ToS directly, I'm not willing to make such an assumption.

I don't like watching people die.
You literally said "I enjoy watching the police shoot people on YouTube. It's sort of like the Roman colosseum, I guess."

Not sure how else you expected folks to take that.

Huh? That's not slavery or tyranny, it's simply keeping a society functional. What you're describing is anarchy, where I could threaten your kids, defame and slander your entire family, drive a tank that tears up the roads, etc. without any government interference at all.

FYI, speed limits, anti-libel laws, and the like do not make a country a dictatorship.

No, i have said before there needs to be fundamental law and i believe in that. Not anarchy. The common law, do not steal, do not assault, do not fasley accuse others, do not do anything that intentionally harms others. Thats basically Gods law in the 10 commandements and the law of the country to stay out of trouble. Thats just minding ones own business and living in peace with there neighbour.

There needs to be some rules and regulations but there is limits and thats when people start interfering in other peoples personal and private lives. Its ok for a adult to control there child but not someone you dont even know telling you as a adult what information you can and cannot view. Your not allowed to have critical thinking, someone else wants to control you and be your fact checker.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back