Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Emergency Prayer Request

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
L

lfsmfl

Greetings. I apologize to anyone for not thanking and responding to them for praying for me. I thank anyone who did. I’ve been working in Chicago Public Schools now for a while. I’m really being persecuted. I work my job to and for the glory of God with all my heart. Today, I was really hit by a fiery dart. A 3rd grade child dumped snow on another 3rd grade child’s head. He then kicked him below his waist, making him buckle down and cry. I was working the playground and breaking up fight after fight. …But when this 3rd grader did this, I separated him, and scolded him loudly, telling him he should not do that. When he retorted that the other boy hit him first (which I did not see), I told him loudly that I told him time and time before that if he gets hit, to not hit back, but obtain an adult. Well, then the teacher of the class yells at me in front of the parents and children for yelling at the child. Then, while she was walking her class to the room two other skirmishes broke out in the back of her line. I verbally broke them up. She them reports me to the office; I’m now being reprimanded because I do my job “too intenselyâ€Â. Mind that just two days ago, I broke up another fight between four kids, two from my school and two who weren’t, at the playground after school. One kid from my school lunged to roundhouse one kid; as I got in front of him, he swung and smacked me hard in the arm. The called the police, arrested the two kids that were not from our school, and hauled them into the office with the police. I did what I was suppose to do to prevent injury from happening to the kids. In the office them, when I began to report how this kid from my school (attending the school that I work at; he was in 7th or 8th grade), one of the assistant principals grabbed me by the arm and yanked me out of the office, stating that “This is not the time to do thisâ€Â. They would not press charges on this child. I was told they had complaints about me from parents and staff, but would not be specific, other than that when I perform my work, I go overboard. I’m not sure about my job status that awaits me this morning at work. I have a baby to take care of, and a wife. Pray for my marriage and family. Everyone whom I talked to outside this school environment told me that this that is happening to me is bogus and politics. As I stand before Jesus and not lie, I have done nothing wrong morally, ethically, or legally. …And that’s what’s really scaring me the most. I want His will so badly in my life. Yet, I’ve been going through so much suffering for so long, sometimes I feel like I just want to give up- even though my conscience won’t let me. What scares me is that this is the first time in years that I’m beginning to have doubts about myself. What do I have to do to keep a job? To do right? …And do these to concerns have to conflict in my life, or is it me? I’m so stumped now. I really need deliverance and peace inwardly and outwardly. I feel humiliated like Jesus was when He was made off scour on the cross. Please pray for His complete deliverance in my life. I feel as lonely as ever now. With all my heart, Ben

Thank you

Thank you so much for the encouragement, brother. I greatly appreciate it. Please continue to keep me and my family in your prayers. Withy all my heart, Ben

Ben first and foremost I will be praying also for you and your family... but you ask...

What scares me is that this is the first time in years that I’m beginning to have doubts about myself. What do I have to do to keep a job? To do right?

and you say why they are upset with you and I believe this is your answer. They hired you to do a job and they have told you how not to do that job and that is don't do it so intensely and don't go overboard. And you say you scolded the boy loudly and you told the kids loudly. So you answer is to do the job the way you boss is asking you to do it.... I hope you don't mine me adding my 2 cents.

scolded him loudly..... I told him loudly

I verbally broke them up. She them reports me to the office; I’m now being reprimanded because I do my job “too intenselyâ€Â.

I was told they had complaints about me from parents and staff, but would not be specific, other than that when I perform my work, I go overboard.

Judy said:
Ben first and foremost I will be praying also for you and your family... but you ask...

What scares me is that this is the first time in years that I’m beginning to have doubts about myself. What do I have to do to keep a job? To do right?

and you say why they are upset with you and I believe this is your answer. They hired you to do a job and they have told you how not to do that job and that is don't do it so intensely and don't go overboard. And you say you scolded the boy loudly and you told the kids loudly. So you answer is to do the job the way you boss is asking you to do it.... I hope you don't mine me adding my 2 cents.

[quote:a41f1]scolded him loudly..... I told him loudly

I verbally broke them up. She them reports me to the office; I’m now being reprimanded because I do my job “too intenselyâ€Â.

I was told they had complaints about me from parents and staff, but would not be specific, other than that when I perform my work, I go overboard.
[/quote:a41f1]

Yeah, but THIS is the problem with almost all schools today. The teachers and adults can't have ANY control over the kids. So what if he yelled at the kid?! The kids that were in the fight should have gotten sent to the office and got a good paddle! It makes me sick to see what is happening to our youth today. They are out of control. The parents can't discipline their kids or they may go to jail. The government has let the kids rule over the parents and it's sad if you ask me....

It is really sad. I think the swats I had on my bottom growing up helped keep me on the straight and narrow. We didn't consider it child abuse. We knew if we did wrong we would get it. We laugh about the switches Mama used now. She would have us go and get the switch and of course we got the thinest and smallest one we could find. As we grew up, we realized those little old things hurt more than a larger one would have. :biggrin Mama was clever :) It was the fact we were getting a whipping that hurt not the actual whipping. We didn't like Mama to be upset with us.

Our teachers used to take a 12" wooden ruler and spat the palms of our hands a couple of times. It was the embarrassment that hurt, not the spats. Later on in High School, the girls had to sit outside the Principals office after a good talking too.

We grew up nice, trustworthy young ladies so it must have done us good. :) Our whole school got the same discipline at home and I don't remember a single incident of suicide or rebellion unless you count a couple of wayward girls and the boy who had a motorcycle.

The teachers would take the boys to the Principals office and bend them over the desk and paddle them a few times...usually for smoking or talking back to the teacher,,,,,, it straightened them up pretty fast. High School boys were treated the same way the girls were, only they had a stronger talking, I imagine.

Who first decided it was wrong to let teachers punish wayward children? They have a lot to answer for.

Eve, I grew up the same way. Although, if I was arguing with my mom in public, she would dig her fingernails into my arm leaving nice little half moon bruises! That HURT! And she'd pull my hair... :lol:

I never hated her for it. I remember thinking she was mean, but I also loved her and thought she was a wonderful mom. She gave me discipline when I needed it. I was a brat growing up when it came to whining and wanting stuff, but I never did the stuff that kids these days do. I remember telling my mom ONCE "I hate you". I NEVER said it again. The minute it came out of my mouth, I knew I was in trouble and I regretted saying it. She didn't even spank me for it (by that time I was a teen), but it hurt her something awful and that was the worst part of it.

Kids just need more discipline these days. They're becoming out of control. I've told my kids that if they ever think that I'm mean or unfair to just let me know and we'll go to the mommy store to let them pick out a new mommy. They freak out and will cry saying I'm a great mommy and they'll never want a different one. See....I discipline them and they STILL love me.

God's Child said:
Remember Nikki, Discipline is not always physical.

Remember that I AM using a token system currently. And I wish I had used it sooner because it's working wonders! BUT, there are still various times when I WILL swat them if they need it.

Have you ever seen a kid in a store throwing an absolute fit? Or calling their mother "stupid"? Or telling their mom to "Shut up"? Sorry, but that all deserves a spanking.

Also, I'd love for you to get out and talk to parents of children. Notice the children that are out of control usually use a "no spanking or hitting" form of discipline. I have seen it TOO MANY times. But yet the kids that have parents still using "old school" forms of discipline seem to have very well behaved kids.

Do you think that you are a good kid? You seem to be. And you were spanked. I know that you have a lot of hatred towards your dad and you say that is a reason, but I still thinks it stems to many other issues surrounding your family. Maybe if your dad had not been hard on you, you wouldn't be the person you are.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that your dad SHOULD hit you. personally, I think you're a bit too old for it. I think as a child gets older, grounding and taking away priveleges works better. Plus, I would just feel weird spanking my kid at your age. I'm finally to the point that I don't have to spank mine as often, but like I said before....there are still times when I give them the option of calming down, then getting tokens taken away and they still don't listen so a swat usually works.

Ben,

You are in my prayers. Working with children is so hard at times. I'm not sure how harsh you were being, but maybe you could sit down and speak with the Principle and let him know CALMLY how you feel.

I've heard that Chicago schools are pretty rough. :sad

I think we have taken this request a bit off topic. At the same time I think Nikki this would make for a good topic in your Parenting forum.
You can do one on Parental and School discipline. :wink:

I was trying to address what Ben have posted. He was worried about his job so, I just showed him in his own words what I thought the problem was. And that is he was told by the principle (his boss) that the teachers and parents were complaining about his agressive behavior in dealing with the kids.

I for one was for disciplining my children (all grown now)... but I am against a person who is just hired to watch the kids while they are on the playground disciplining them. That is just my opinion. :wink:

Judy said:
I think we have taken this request a bit off topic. At the same time I think Nikki this would make for a good topic in your Parenting forum.
You can do one on Parental and School discipline. :wink:

I was trying to address what Ben have posted. He was worried about his job so, I just showed him in his own words what I thought the problem was. And that is he was told by the principle (his boss) that the teachers and parents were complaining about his agressive behavior in dealing with the kids.

I for one was for disciplining my children (all grown now)... but I am against a person who is just hired to watch the kids while they are on the playground disciplining them. That is just my opinion. :wink:

Sorry :-? My fault.

Nikki, I'm not trying to debate this again. I just wanted to remind you that there are other forms. For me spanking has a 0% chance of ever accomplishing its desired purpose. Maybe that's just me. I just don't understand why and how people can do it. There is so much more involved in the situation with my parents. I have already posted about some of it in my prayer request.

Ben, I will continue to pray for you. Some kids at school can be a lot of trouble. Older kids, especially, need to get yelled at when they get into fights at school.

My Reply

Dear Brutus: Thank you for your prayers and edifying reply; Love, Ben

Dear Nikki and Judy: Before I began working there, I straight out told the administration there that I've been criticized before about doing my job "too efficiently" and all; they told me that they would NEVER criticize me in doing this, but encouraged this. I was later told confidentially that the reason why I was singled out and reprimanded was that I'm a white male in a predominantly circa 95% minority school, and that they don't like seeing a large white man reprimanding these children. I've heard seen others in my career do worse, and everyone looks the other way. I've had racial epithets against me, being hit and disrespected continually, and the administration and union does nothing. Neither do the police, i.e. they work for the same city as the schools do. So, I wish you two would'nt be so high and mighty in your judgment against me. Note that, as my prayer request message indicates, it was after this incident I wasn THEN told not to be so "intense" in my work. I do my job from my heart to the glory of God. People say they want employees like this, but they really don't. What they really want are people to look the other way. I wrote here to request prayer. I did not write to read simple-minded judgmental answers from narrow-minded people who think they are doing God a service when they don't have any insight, but only see the surface of things. I don't have to explain anything when seeking for prayer, and I certainly don't have to answer to you. I quit this group. Don't try to contact me. I'd quit myself, but don't know how. I have enough on me without having people to judge me so erroneously.

P.S.

I never once physically punished anyone. It's even illegal to do so at the schools there. I was not criticized for what I did, but how I did it.

Back