Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

End Time Antichrist Theology

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ezrider

Do you have an antichrist centered theology? Or is you faith centered on Christ and Christ alone?

There is much written in the scripture that concerns antichrist and the spirit of antichrist, and there has been much more read into the scripture to birth the mythology of an Antichrist person. But one thing that is clear, is that antichrist is a spirit of the world, and has been given power and authority over the flesh as the prince of the power of the air. The modern day prophecy preachers declare unto you the Antichrist, and then beg you to get down on your knees and accept Jesus as your savior. You will hear all about a seven year covenant, the new world order, earthquakes and famines, the judgement of God, but it is always done in the face of their Antichrist. They do not preach Jesus, they do not share the kingdom of heaven, they preach antichrist. That is their focus when they read the scripture.

As it pertains to the flesh, we have naturally adopted this mythology and have made it our own; And because we are creatures of the flesh, we naturally see things in light of the flesh. We by our very nature look after the things of the flesh where the spirit of antichrist works, so when we go read our Bibles, we read it with an antichrist mentality. You look for antichrist in the garden of Eden, you look for antichrist in the book of Daniel, you look for antichrist in the gospels, and you see the antichrist in the book of Revelation. That is an antichrist centered theology; with purposeful thought, you search the scriptures so you will know the antichrist when you see him.

1 Cor 2:16 Who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

How can you have the mind of Christ if you do not seek him, or seek after his kingdom. Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven; but you don’t, you still look to the things of this world, and you still look for antichrist. When you have put on the mind of Christ, there is no more antichrist, only Christ.

Daniel declares that in the last days, knowledge would increase, and so it has, but to what end? Has your knowledge increased in antichrist, and the things that pertain to this world? Or has knowledge increased your faith as it pertains to the kingdom of Heaven, and the revelation of Jesus Christ.

It is such a strange thing to consider that the Lord would choose of all places the hearts of men to make his abode, and to call his holy temple. But this has been declared to you since the beginning. Praise be to God the Father, for Christ is alive, and the spirit Christ is come in the flesh, and he has made his abode in hearts of men.

From the very first commandment given in the garden, but of the tree of knowledge you shall not eat, or you shall surely die; but the serpent said unto them, you will not die, you will be as gods, knowing good and evil. Yes knowledge has increase in these last days, as has our access to the scriptures. It is a book to be desired, one to make you wise. But know one thing, the Bible is a book of this world: It promises life, yet delivers death. Are you still partaking from the tree of knowledge when you read your Bible? Do you seek your own understanding and then make the word your own, and become a god unto yourself, declaring right from wrong? It is written in your scripture I said the ye are gods. So how long will you stand in the temple of god, showing yourself that you are god. Has not the scripture shown you that you are after the flesh a man of sin; and a son of perdition?

1 John 4:1-6
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Is your theology centered on the things pertaining to antichrist? Then turn from this doctrine of devils. Return to your first love. Seek after the words of Christ anew in your hearts, and you will find a tree of life planted in your heart, for Christ is come, and has made his abode in the hearts of men.

Im going to disagree, as much as I disagree with futurism. they do teach that Christ is the center, yes they could go that route and its logical to see that. but they don't.

Christ centered eschatology?

It is much more than eschatology, it is about learning and growing in Faith as we begin to comprehend the realization of the promises of God, which is Christ in us, to all it depths. It is a mysterious work that the Lord is performing in the hearts of men, I can not think to understand anything but that. We wrestle over principalities and powers, we wrestle with the Law after the flesh, and we wrestle with his commandments; but there is one commandment amidst the Law of Moses that stands above all others.

Deut 18:15-18
The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken; According to all that thou desiredst of the Lord thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not. And the Lord said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken. I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Therefore, I seek to understand the words of Christ not only with my mind, but within my heart. I can not turn again to seek after what some believe to be prophecies of antichrist. If I have found that pearl of great price, then why would I want to seek after the things of this world when I have been told that the things that pertain to this world do then choke out the seed that has been planted within me. There is a passage in the gospels where Peter and the others were out out on the boat in the misdt of the sea, and the waves tossed them about, and the wind was blowing contrary to them. And Jesus came walking to them upon the sea, and they supposed him a spirit and cried out for fear, but when they did see him, and when he came into the boat, the winds ceased. There is a lesson there for keeping your eyes fixed upon Christ. But even more profound in some sense, was that even the disciples themselves did not recognize Jesus and cried out for fear, until he was made known to them, and then they were at peace.

Have we taken the prophecies of Christ and the Judgement of the Lord, and turned them into an image of an antichrist, so that we may rule them by fear. The evils of this world have been made know since the beginning. The prophets of the Lord have declared his judgements. Does witnessing to others the evils in this world make known unto them the kingdom of God. You may witness to the world the evils of the world, and you may even bring some to the death of Christ. But who will lead them to life in Christ. Who will stand as a witness of the kingdom.

There is much written in the scripture that concerns antichrist and the spirit of antichrist, and there has been much more read into the scripture to birth the mythology of an Antichrist person. But one thing that is clear, is that antichrist is a spirit of the world, and has been given power and authority over the flesh as the prince of the power of the air. The modern day prophecy preachers declare unto you the Antichrist, and then beg you to get down on your knees and accept Jesus as your savior. You will hear all about a seven year covenant, the new world order, earthquakes and famines, the judgement of God, but it is always done in the face of their Antichrist. They do not preach Jesus, they do not share the kingdom of heaven, they preach antichrist. That is their focus when they read the scripture. . . .

This, and the context, is all that is written in scripture on antichrist.....

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

This, and the context, is all that is written in scripture on antichrist.....

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Well said Reba, "anti-Christ," in context, identifies a plurality, and, by their theology. It does not identify a future dictator, a smokescreen said to be "the Anti-Christ," and, who attacks the Israelis.

Anti-Christ centered eschatology includes that which glorifies a nation of anti-Christs, a nation of neo-Pharisees as someone Christians are to bless and support.

This argument is what I call "taking your eye off the ball". There are things that LOGICALLY do not make sense to me. Things like 9-11, chemtrails, even the noon sun being white when it was yellow when I was a kid. But at the end of the day? It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. So it can be likened to when Jesus walked on water and Peter asked if he could too to join him. Peter started to and walked toward Jesus and was scared by the thunder and the wind and lost his faith and sank into the water.

This is what I call the narrow path that Jesus described. Imagine being on a catwalk....naked. This catwalk is above the floor. Down below is the pit. Straight forward is God. Why are you naked? I think this is being reborn in spirit and not flesh. Shedding the worldly thoughts and reasoning. (because Adam and Eve were naked without shame) Returning to the state of innocence like a child. But this catwalk is barely wide enough to walk. And continually in the pit below are voices of negativity "why are you doing this? you are wasting your life!! There is no God!!! Don't you want to enjoy life like us?" These voices will say anything.....even insults "you're fat, you're ugly,you're stupid!!" they HOPE you will engage them and fight with them. Because the moment you look down. You lose your balance. And you fall back into the pit. Losing the peace and serenity on your narrow path. And being overtaken by the chaos and drama of the world. The narrow path leads to the father. And Jesus taught you how to get on it. John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Just a little something i stumbled into.. :readbible

With the arrival of the printing press in the 15th century and the resulting explosion of Bibles accessible in the common language from many Protestant sources, it became readily evident to those who could now study the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation particularly, that Bible prophecy identified by the use of symbols, a persecuting apostate Church generally known as antichrist. If we list the many characteristics of antichrist, the following becomes readily apparent. Select to see Prophecy Charts and more information that identifies the Antichrist.

1. It would rise to be a great power after the fall of the pagan Roman Empire (after 476 A.D.)
2. It would geographically be a small nation. (a little horn)
3. It would uproot three of the ten kingdoms the Roman Empire collapsed into and reveals who on this point alone.
4. It would rule over many nations, people and tongues. (it will be universal)
5. It would be headquartered in the city of seven hills, Rome.
6. It would be a religio-political entity - a political city-state ruled by a priest-king.
7. It would have a priest-king that would make great and blasphemous claims.
8. It would claim authority over all kings.
9. It would claim its power to change the holy times and laws of God as its MARK of authority.
10. It would be an apostate Church that makes the nations drink her cup of apostate doctrine.
11. It would be a “mother” Church, with apostate daughters coming from her.
12. It would be a persecuting power, killing the faithful saints of Jesus Christ as heretics.
13. It would hold power and authority for 1260 years following the fall of pagan Rome.
14. It would suffer a deadly wound that will end 1260 years of dominance and persecution.
15. It would be revived after the deadly wound and all the world would wonder at its revival.

http://www.666mark-of-the-beast.org/markofthebeast.html#nogo

tob

Ezrider,

I wanted to tell you I understand what you are talking about. It seems many have become very focused on 'negative things' as though looking into the darkness will reveal more light.....

Digging

I stressed earlier to return unto your first love, return to the words of Jesus, and hear the Spirit of God.

Rev 2:4-5 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

I was watching the movie Philomena last week, and there was a quote from the end of the movie that really gave me pause, I had to go look it up afterward. It thought it was so elegant, and yet speaks to our first love.

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/tseliot109032.html#zyr0LY4yTC7sxToc.99

Here, here!

Perhaps my favorite vs in all the bible.

Col 2:2 that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Digging

Ephesians 6:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back