Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

ending a marriage of 23yrs

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

Cheryl

Greeting to any one who reads this. I am now a lone with a 17 yr old daughter. I do love her, she is at that age where she has mixed emotions. Being from a now broken home, & from a father who abused me, & was being coming abusive of her it's been very hard on her. I have tried to keep her head & heart grounded, in Jesus, Church, & school. We have had some ups & downs, but it is God who has kept us a float.

It is so hard to to raise her sometimes, but I still keep her in the Lord, she does love God but she has been hurt by all of this. I myself am recovering from abuse, & I try to protect her.

I try to understand why God has allowed all of this, I was also hurt as a child, I do believe, I took Jesus as my Savior at age 16, I am now 49, I know life is not easy, I seek answers & don't really know how to ask them or find them.

I would maybe like to talk to other single parents out here who maybe going through what I am. I feel a long at times.

Thanks, :B-fly:

I have not been through this but I hope this verse helps:

Romans 8:28 More Than Conquerors

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose

Sometimes bad things happen naturally, and sometimes its Satan trying to get between you and God, but whatever the cause, if you love God, He will use what happened for good.

I can't begin to imagine your situation so sorry if this verse is of no help.

hi dancing queen like ur name here.
thanks for sharing God's Word with me. it came from ur heart & the Word is the truth. So it does help. I know somewhere God will bring hope back into my life, it's just the waiting that hurts.
Thanks so much for caring.

God's love to you! :B-fly:

Sorry to hear this after 23 years, Cheryl. We are about the same age, but I could not imagine being parted from my wife being married 21 years. Remember the other post about the feast days? I have a feeling if you keep studying God's Word related to these feasts, things will fall into place for you. :biggrin

hello tim_from_pa
Thanks for the your post. I will keep that in mind as I continue my study of the Feast Days. I know God does promise to keep me & He has. But the enemy is trying hard to get me to doubt Him. I seek His will.

Also it is very good to know that there are good Christian men who loves their wives, may God bless you & your wife & family.

In God's love, :B-fly:

Cheryl said:
hello tim_from_pa
Thanks for the your post. I will keep that in mind as I continue my study of the Feast Days. I know God does promise to keep me & He has. But the enemy is trying hard to get me to doubt Him. I seek His will.

Also it is very good to know that there are good Christian men who loves their wives, may God bless you & your wife & family.

In God's love, :B-fly:

Yes, the Lord will bless you!

The husband-wife along with children is a principle in scripture--- as a matter of fact, I should say a main theme. The bible is full of reproduction and God wants many begotten sons. This was supposed to have been thru Adam (had he taken of the tree of life instead of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil). Now, Christ has to be that last Adam to fulfill the spiritual component.

The idea of families are also stressed extensively in the nation(s) of Israel, as God started with a family for them to become a nation, and indeed now many nations to be light-bearers to the Gentile people of the earth. The bible is a family book.

I see the attack on the family as Satan's cheap-shot way to blind people. I always say that if one redefines the family, the whole understanding of spirituality will go out the door. In other words, people will be all the more blind to God's purpose. I don't worry about anyone or anything separating my wife and me. We are above all the wiles of Satan, as the marriage is commanded by God, and to do anything otherwise is disobedience to God's law. In other words, I never worry if anything will happen because if anything negative happened, that would be breaking the command of God, and He wants us together (if God be for us.....).

I am sorry to hear what happened to you. I can never understand how such things come about. But one thing I can say. Perhaps as a clue I can say if you rebuke the power behind your separation you can move on. Whatever caused this, it only turned the thermostat of hell a little higher for them if that's any comfort. I cannot understand how Satan and his cohorts are into self-punishment, but then again, being defeated at the cross, I guess they are lashing out with a vengeance in these last days considering they are already doomed and have nothing to lose.

I do thank all of you have reached out in the love of God. These are hard days for me here, but I know God has lead me here to talk with other believers who know we need to stand together.

God's amazing grave is so real, i hang onto that truth & my faith in Jesus Christ. I have emotional scars, but i know in Christ one day they will be wiped away.

Thanks so much. In the Love of our Savior Jesus.
:B-fly:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back