Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Esau I have Loved Less

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

SolaScriptura

2024 Supporter
Esau I have Loved Less

This verse in Romans 9:13, is one that is much used, or rather, misused, by some of the so called "reformed", to try to “prove”, that while God LOVES only the ELECT, He actually HATES the NON-ELECT.

Not only does Paul not mean this, as is very clear in the passage, and the use of the Greek word for “hate”; but, Scripture actually shows, that God BLESSED Esau, and PROTECTED his descendants!

The Amplified Bible reads exactly what the Greek in the context is actually saying:

“As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated (held in relative disregard in comparison with My feeling for Jacob). [Mal. 1:2, 3.]”

And, the Contemporary English Version, published by the American Bible Society:

“That's why the Scriptures say that the Lord liked Jacob more than Esau”

And, the New Living Translation:

“In the words of the Scriptures, “I loved Jacob, but I rejected Esau”

In the first place, the actual context that Paul here quotes from Malachi 1:2-3, is clear:

“(for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), it was said to her, "The older shall serve the younger." As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated." What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” – NASB

It is clear, that it is God’s “eklogḗ”, that is, “CHOICE, or SELECTION, or PREFERENCE, that “The older shall serve the younger”. That is Esau, who was the First-Born, who by wickedness, sold his “Birth Right”, was to SERVE his younger twin, Jacob. NOTHING in this CONTEXT, speaks of SALVATION!

Paul says at the start of verse 13, AS IT IS WRITTEN, which is quoting the passage in Malachi, for the purpose of showing what this “hate” really means, God PREFERRING Jacob over Esau, who was clearly a wicked person.

Secondly, it is absurd to argue from the passage in Romans, that Paul is saying that God actually HATED Esau, as in to DETEST him. It is very clear from other teachings in the Bible, that, when we have LOVE as contrasted with HATE, that no more than PREFERENCE is meant.

In Genesis 29:31, we read of Leah, “And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated” (KJV), and verse 33, “Because the LORD hath heard that I was hated”. The Hebrew word is “sânêʼ”, which is the same word used in Malachi 1:3, “but I have hated Esau”. The LXX uses the Greek word “miséō”, which is used for “sânêʼ”. Paul uses this word in Romans 9:13. English Versions like the NASB, HCSB, NKJV, NLT, use “UNLOVED”, in the passage in Genesis, and the NIV, ERV, BBE, “NOT LOVED”, etc. Showing that the Hebrew and Greek does not always have the meaning “HATE”.

In Luke 14:26, Jesus says, “If any man come to Me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple” (KJV). Same Greek word is used here, “miséō”. In Matthew’s account, it reads different, “He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me” (10:37).

Jesus makes this point in John 21, where He says to Peter:

“So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend My lambs” (verse 15, see to verse 17)

When Jesus says to Peter, “do you love Me MORE than these”, He uses the highest Greek word for LOVE (agapáō, “to esteem one highly). When Peter says, “You know that I love You”, he uses the Greek, “philéō”, which is, “dear to”. The emphasis here is “pleíōn” (more than), which is used of HIGHER degree.

God says that we are not to HATE anyone, “Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer” (1 John 3:15), where the Greek for HATE is the same as in Romans 9:13.

Thirdly, it is clear from the context of Malachi, where we read, “But Esau I have hated” (1:3), that Esau here is not referring to the person, but rather, to his descendants, “the Edomites”, as verse 4 goes on to say, “Even though Edom has said”. The Prophecy in this passage of the doom of the Edomites, is recorded as fulfilled in history as in 1 Maccabees 5:65; and by John Hyrcanus; see Joseph Antiquities, Book. 13 c. 9. s. 1.

Fourthly, we read in Genesis 27:39, Isaac speaking to Esau;

“Then Isaac his father answered and said to him: "Behold, your dwelling shall be of the fatness of the earth, And of the dew of heaven from above”

Which is a BLESSING pronounced on Esau, by God, through Isaac! IF, as some argue, that God HATES/DETESTS the person Esau, when God would not have BLESSED him! In verse 28, we read of the BLESSING Isaac pronounces on Jacob;

“Therefore may God give you Of the dew of heaven, Of the fatness of the earth, And plenty of grain and wine” (NKJV, KJV)

Clearly Jacob’s BLESSING is MORE than that of Esau, which is what is meant by, “Esau I have loved LESS”.

Some English Versions have tried to make the BLESSING of Esau, into a CURSE, by MISTRANSLATING the Hebrew to read

“Then Isaac his father answered and said to him: “Behold, away from the fatness of the earth shall your dwelling be, and away from the dew of heaven on high” (ESV)

In BOTH verses we have the SAME Hebrew preposition “min”, which is correctly translated in Versions like the KJV, as “OF”, as a BLESSING. This is the reading of all of the English Versions before the KJV (Coverdale, Bishops, Geneva, Great). There is no justification in the Hebrew, to make the SAME preposition “partitive”, in verse 28, and “privative”, in verse 39, other than for “theology”!

The Greek Old Testament, the Septuagint (LXX), the Old Syriac, Latin Vulgate, read as the KJV.

Fifthly, we read in Deuteronomy, “You shall not abhor an Edomite, for he is your brother. You shall not abhor an Egyptian, because you were an alien in his land”

God comments the Israelites not to ABHOR the descendants of Esau. The Hebrew word used here, “taw-ab'”, is stronger than the HATE in Malachi 1:3, which is “sânêʼ”

This is clear that God did indeed BLESS Esau and his descendants, even though they were wicked.

The evidence as I have shown, is very clear, that when we read of God HATING Esau, it is to be understood as LOVE LESS, or BLESS LESS, than Jacob.

Some of your assumptions do not align with Bible Scripture on the matter.

And FYI, the KJV has an error with Isaac's blessing to Esau. Instead of a blessing, it was actually the opposite per the Hebrew...

The KJV error:
Gen 27:38-39
38 And Esau said unto his father, Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father. And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept.

39 And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, "Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above;"
KJV

Verse 39 is the same blessing Isaac gave to Jacob, which does not align with what Isaac said in Gen.27:35.

Here the ESV and NLT have it corrected...

Gen 27:39
39 Then Isaac his father answered and said to him:
“Behold,
away from the fatness of the earth shall your dwelling be,
and away from the dew of heaven on high.
ESV

39 Finally, his father, Isaac, said to him,
"You will live
away from the richness of the earth,
and away from the dew of the heaven above.
New Living Translation

And the KJV word "hated" in Malachi 1:3 in the manuscript means literally 'to hate'...

OT:8130
sane' (saw-nay'); a primitive root; to hate (personally):
KJV - enemy, foe, (be) hate (-ful, -r), odious, utterly.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006, 2010 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

God obviously hated Esau's behavior, as God's Birthright was original to go to Esau, but Esau treated God's Birthright Blessing like wares to be traded or sold. Esau's behavior reveals 'disbelief', and acting profane, worldly, as Esau would take a wife of the Hittite, a nation of Canaan which his parents said to not do. Esau when he saw Jacob taking a wife of his own people that it pleased Isaac, Esau then went to took a wife of the daughters of Ishmael (Arabs).

So who today is allied with the radical Arabs against the nation of Israel? And what nation is allied with Arab nations like Persia, Libya, Sudan, Gomer, that God says they will come up against the mountains of Israel in the latter days? The "chief" prince of Gog/Magog, which Hebrew for "chief" is ro'sh, which is where the name Rus comes from, which today represents Communist Russia.

Per Ezekiel 38 nation alignment against Israel in the last days:
1. Gog-Magog = Russia
2. Persia = areas of Iran, Iraq, and likely Syria, since Russia has a Navy base there.
3. Libya = Libya, which the Reagan administration sent U.S. bombers against because of Arab terrorist training camps there trained by Russian advisors.
4. Ethiopia = in Ezekiel's day, all the land below Egypt. But today Sudan covers most of that old land, and Sudan is radical Arabs allied with Russia.
5. Gomer = descendents from Noah's sons in the northern areas. Today represent some of the old Soviet satellite countries below Russia, like Georgia and Ukraine even though some in those countries have tried to ally with NATO, but are still under Communist Russian control.
6. Togarmah = old area of Cappadocia, what is today called Turkey, which is allied with NATO, but the Communists are trying to plant a radical Muslim type government in Turkey, which would end its relation with NATO. Thus Turkey is the last one to fall into alignment with Communist Russia today, so be watching.

And since Esau's inheritance would be AWAY FROM the fatness of the land, and away from the dew of heaven, just what lands might that be? Certainly NOT the Western nations which dwell in the BEST areas of the earth for plenty of resources, best crop producing lands, plenty of corn and wine, and even with countries like the United States able to produce much more food than they could ever consume! If anyone in The Bible, the Western Christian nations, AND their allies, represent God's Blessing to Jacob to have the fatness of the land, and dew of heaven. Wherever Jesus Christ is preached, that people and land tends to revert to God's Birthright Blessings to Jacob. And to Joseph's sons Ephraim and Manasseh, per 1 Chronicles 5, God's Birthright went to them, where it still exists to this day in the "multitude of nations" that Ephraim was to become, i.e., in the western Christian nations.

So where would Esau's place be, that is 'away from' the fatness of the land, opposite of Isaac's blessing to Jacob? What kind of land is the area of Communist Russia? Because of how far north Russia's lands are, it cannot grow enough to support itself. This is why the Western nations have given our wheat abundance to Russia when they were in need. Also, another name for Esau was the name 'Edom', which means RED. Do you think that is a coincidence? I don't. I think God intended that name to go with Esau's atheistic type behavior.

So do NOT listen to Esau's propaganda that is coming from both their infiltration among the Jews from old Edom, nor the radical Arabs that are allied with Esau against Israel and the Western Christian nations, nor by the leftover Canaanites that crept in among the children of Israel, which will be removed from the house of God when Jesus returns, per the last verse of Zechariah 14.

Last edited:
Some of your assumptions do not align with Bible Scripture on the matter.

And FYI, the KJV has an error with Isaac's blessing to Esau. Instead of a blessing, it was actually the opposite per the Hebrew...

The KJV error:
Gen 27:38-39
38 And Esau said unto his father, Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father. And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept.

39 And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, "Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above;"
KJV

Verse 39 is the same blessing Isaac gave to Jacob, which does not align with what Isaac said in Gen.27:35.

Here the ESV and NLT have it corrected...

“Behold,
away from the fatness of the earth shall your dwelling be,
ESV

39 Finally, his father, Isaac, said to him,
"You will live
away from the richness of the earth,
and away from the dew of the heaven above.
New Living Translation

And the KJV word "hated" in Malachi 1:3 in the manuscript means literally 'to hate'...

OT:8130
sane' (saw-nay'); a primitive root; to hate (personally):
KJV - enemy, foe, (be) hate (-ful, -r), odious, utterly.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006, 2010 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

God obviously hated Esau's behavior, as God's Birthright was original to go to Esau, but Esau treated God's Birthright Blessing like wares to be traded or sold. Esau's behavior reveals 'disbelief', and acting profane, worldly, as Esau would take a wife of the Hittite, a nation of Canaan which his parents said to not do. Esau when he saw Jacob taking a wife of his own people that it pleased Isaac, Esau then went to took a wife of the daughters of Ishmael (Arabs).

So who today is allied with the radical Arabs against the nation of Israel? And what nation is allied with Arab nations like Persia, Libya, Sudan, Gomer, that God says they will come up against the mountains of Israel in the latter days? The "chief" prince of Gog/Magog, which Hebrew for "chief" is ro'sh, which is where the name Rus comes from, which today represents Communist Russia.

Per Ezekiel 38 nation alignment against Israel in the last days:
1. Gog-Magog = Russia
2. Persia = areas of Iran, Iraq, and likely Syria, since Russia has a Navy base there.
3. Libya = Libya, which the Reagan administration sent U.S. bombers against because of Arab terrorist training camps there trained by Russian advisors.
4. Ethiopia = in Ezekiel's day, all the land below Egypt. But today Sudan covers most of that old land, and Sudan is radical Arabs allied with Russia.
5. Gomer = descendents from Noah's sons in the northern areas. Today represent some of the old Soviet satellite countries below Russia, like Georgia and Ukraine even though some in those countries have tried to ally with NATO, but are still under Communist Russian control.
6. Togarmah = old area of Cappadocia, what is today called Turkey, which is allied with NATO, but the Communists are trying to plant a radical Muslim type government in Turkey, which would end its relation with NATO. Thus Turkey is the last one to fall into alignment with Communist Russia today, so be watching.

And since Esau's inheritance would be AWAY FROM the fatness of the land, and away from the dew of heaven, just what lands might that be? Certainly NOT the Western nations which dwell in the BEST areas of the earth for plenty of resources, best crop producing lands, plenty of corn and wine, and even with countries like the United States able to produce much more food than they could ever consume! If anyone in The Bible, the Western Christian nations, AND their allies, represent God's Blessing to Jacob to have the fatness of the land, and dew of heaven. Wherever Jesus Christ is preached, that people and land tends to revert to God's Birthright Blessings to Jacob. And to Joseph's sons Ephraim and Manasseh, per 1 Chronicles 5, God's Birthright went to them, where it still exists to this day in the "multitude of nations" that Ephraim was to become, i.e., in the western Christian nations.

So where would Esau's place be, that is 'away from' the fatness of the land, opposite of Isaac's blessing to Jacob? What kind of land is the area of Communist Russia? Because of how far north Russia's lands are, it cannot grow enough to support itself. This is why the Western nations have given our wheat abundance to Russia when they were in need. Also, another name for Esau was the name 'Edom', which means RED. Do you think that is a coincidence? I don't. I think God intended that name to go with Esau's atheistic type behavior.

So do NOT listen to Esau's propaganda that is coming from both their infiltration among the Jews from old Edom, nor the radical Arabs that are allied with Esau against Israel and the Western Christian nations, nor by the leftover Canaanites that crept in among the children of Israel, which will be removed from the house of God when Jesus returns, per the last verse of Zechariah 14.

Exactly why would the SAME Hebrew preposition mean one thing in verse 28 for Jacob, and the opposite when used for Esau?

There is nothing in the grammatical structure of the 2 verses for any difference

Your reasoning is MOOT!

Exactly why would the SAME Hebrew preposition mean one thing in verse 28 for Jacob, and the opposite when used for Esau?

There is nothing in the grammatical structure of the 2 verses for any difference

Your reasoning is MOOT!
Per the 19th century Bible scholar E.W. Bullinger...

"Genesis 27:39
39 the fatness of the earth, and of. Hebrew of the fatness, &c. The "of", which is omitted in the first clause, is the preposition, which means "from". Revised Version margin away from. Compare Isa 22:3; Jer 48:33; Lam 4:9. Should be "Far from the fatness of the earth shall be thy dwelling, and far from the dew of the heavens, "&c. Jacob had already received the blessing "of" the fatness of the earth or the land (Gen 27:28). Esau's was to be far from it, in the desert; and so it was."

(from E. W. Bullinger's Companion Bible: Notes and Appendices. Biblesoft Formatted Electronic Database Copyright © 2014 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Per the 19th century Bible scholar E.W. Bullinger...

"Genesis 27:39
39 the fatness of the earth, and of. Hebrew of the fatness, &c. The "of", which is omitted in the first clause, is the preposition, which means "from". Revised Version margin away from. Compare Isa 22:3; Jer 48:33; Lam 4:9. Should be "Far from the fatness of the earth shall be thy dwelling, and far from the dew of the heavens, "&c. Jacob had already received the blessing "of" the fatness of the earth or the land (Gen 27:28). Esau's was to be far from it, in the desert; and so it was."

(from E. W. Bullinger's Companion Bible: Notes and Appendices. Biblesoft Formatted Electronic Database Copyright © 2014 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

do YOU know any Hebrew grammar?

ALL the Jewish translations agree with what the KJV/NKJV, etc read BLESSINGS

The Jewish Targums on this verse read

Targum Onkelos, "And Izhak his father answered and said to him, Behold, thy habitation shall
be of the best of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above"

Palestinian Targum, "And Izhak answered and said to Esau, Behold, among the good fruits of the
earth
shall be thy habitation, and with the dews of the heavens from above"

"And his father Isaac answered and said to him, "Behold, your dwelling place shall be the fat places of the earth and of the dew of the heaven from above", https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/8222/showrashi/true

"And his father Isaac answered, saying to him, “See, your abode shall enjoy the fat of the earth And the dew of heaven above", https://www.sefaria.org/Genesis.27.39?lang=bi&with=all&lang2=en

"And Isaac his father answered and said unto him: Behold, of the fat places of the earth shall be thy dwelling, and of the dew of heaven from above", https://mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0127.htm

"And Isaac his father answered and said unto him: Behold, of the fat places of the earth shall be thy dwelling, and of the dew of heaven from above", https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/bereishit-genesis-chapter-27

"And Isaac his father answered and said unto him: Behold, of the fat places of the earth shall be thy dwelling, and of the dew of heaven from above", http://www.breslov.com/bible/Genesis27.htm#39

"Isaaq his father answered and said to him, “Behold, your dwelling shall be in the richness of the Earth and from dew of Heaven from above",The Peshitta Holy Bible Translated Translated by Glenn David Bauscher, https://biblehub.com/parallel/genesis/27-39.htm

"And Isaac his father answered and said to him, Behold, your dwelling shall be in the fertile places of the earth, and the dew of heaven shall fall upon you from above", Holy Bible From The Ancient Eastern Texts: Aramaic Of The Peshitta by George M. Lamsa, https://biblehub.com/parallel/genesis/27-39.htm

"And Isaac his father answered and said to him, Behold, thy dwelling shall be of the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above", The Septuagint by Sir Lancelot Charles Lee Brenton, https://biblehub.com/parallel/genesis/27-39.htm

do YOU know any Hebrew grammar?

ALL the Jewish translations agree with what the KJV/NKJV, etc read BLESSINGS

The Jewish Targums on this verse read

Whoo hoo, hullabaloo! The Jew's religion, trying to argue with scholars.

“Behold, away from the fatness of the earth shall your dwelling be,
ESV

Last edited:
What God showed about the land of Idumea (of Esau), regarding the end of this world on the "day of the Lord"...

Isa 34:5-8
5 For My sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of My curse, to judgment.

6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

For it is the day of the LORD's vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
KJV

That is not about the old destruction the nation of Edom, since it is pointing to that "day of the LORD's vengeance". That is about the future last day of this present world. We don't know today for certain where this "Idumea" will exist on the last day, but it's not difficult to know just what alignment of nations are to come up against Israel on the last day, per the Ezekiel 38 and 39 Chapters, with God raining fire and hailstones upon that great army out of the northern quarters.

ESV

complete RUBBISH!!!

There is NO "away from" in the Hebrew!

ESV

You like the ESV, so here goes!

from this version

esv.png

The Hebrew with the literal English is as:

gen27.39esv.png

We are NOT interested in what any INTERPRETATION might read!

There is NO "AWAY"!!!

Your own favorite version is AGAINST you!!! :lol

There's a politicized (mis)intrepretation of Romans 9:13 from the Zionists, that today's Palestinians are Edomites, they are Esau's descendants, Israel's mortal enemy. They hate Israel for "stealing their land", even though Esau sold his birthright to Israel.

Esau profaned God Birthright, selling it to Jacob for a bowl of pottage.

Esau took a wife of the Canaanites, against his parent's wishes.

Esau took another wife of the daughters of Ishmael (Arab people).

Esau is jealous of Jacob because of losing his Birthright when it was his own fault.

Esau tried to MURDER his own brother Jacob because of Esau selling his Birthright, trying to treat it like it was Jacob's fault.

Esau's people try to claim that Jacob stole... the Birthright, thus trying to hide the fact that he sold it to Jacob beforehand.

Ishmael was the firstborn son of Abraham and Hagar, Sarah's handmaid. But God did not ordain His covenant with the seed of Hagar, but with the seed of Abraham and Sarah.

Ishmael like Esau, is also jealous of Jacob, claiming Jacob stole his birthright as Abraham's firstborn son.

Ishmael, like the radicals of Esau's people, to this day want to murder all Jews and Christians over this Birthright.

Thus the radicals of Esau and Ishmael are allies today against God's people of both the true seed of Israel, and Christians.

This is why God gave the alignment of nations in Ezekiel 38 that will come up against the mountains of Israel in the latter days, which today represent Communist Russia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Georgia, Sudan, and eventually Turkey which is an Islamic nation also, but right now allied with NATO.

Thus today, the nation of Russia symbolically represents Esau's people, Reds.

So it is a sickening idea with those who try to establish Esau as only 'less loved' by God when God said He literally "hated" Esau (Malachi 1). God obviously knew Esau's acts that he would do against both Him and God's chosen heritage, which is no less than what Satan himself also wants to do, i.e., wipe God's Israel off the face of this earth. Thus it is sickening that any Jew or... Christian, would ever try to enlist sympathy for Esau. To do so is practically asking sympathy for the devil.

Last edited:
About Communist Russia Today:

Prior to the Bolshevik takeover of 1917 Russia, and prior to WWII, the nation of Russia and surrounding eastern European nations were all Christian nations, with monarchs.

Still today there are many Christian brethren in Communist Russia, yet it is still a Communist nation, because the type government system still adheres to the plans of World Communism.

But still, one can easily see how the Russian government today still applies their Communist system upon its own peoples. The examples of Russia's invasions of the nation of Georgia and Ukraine, which attempted to join NATO, are proof of this. That will likely also be the reason why the nation of Turkey, which is on the border with Russia, will eventually leave NATO and ally with Communist Russia against the Western nations and Israel. Be careful and be WATCHING brethren in Christ Jesus.

Esau profaned God Birthright, selling it to Jacob for a bowl of pottage.

Esau took a wife of the Canaanites, against his parent's wishes.

Esau took another wife of the daughters of Ishmael (Arab people).

Esau is jealous of Jacob because of losing his Birthright when it was his own fault.

Esau tried to MURDER his own brother Jacob because of Esau selling his Birthright, trying to treat it like it was Jacob's fault.

Esau's people try to claim that Jacob stole... the Birthright, thus trying to hide the fact that he sold it to Jacob beforehand.

Ishmael was the firstborn son of Abraham and Hagar, Sarah's handmaid. But God did not ordain His covenant with the seed of Hagar, but with the seed of Abraham and Sarah.

Ishmael like Esau, is also jealous of Jacob, claiming Jacob stole his birthright as Abraham's firstborn son.

Ishmael, like the radicals of Esau's people, to this day want to murder all Jews and Christians over this Birthright.

Thus the radicals of Esau and Ishmael are allies today against God's people of both the true seed of Israel, and Christians.

This is why God gave the alignment of nations in Ezekiel 38 that will come up against the mountains of Israel in the latter days, which today represent Communist Russia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Georgia, Sudan, and eventually Turkey which is an Islamic nation also, but right now allied with NATO.

Thus today, the nation of Russia symbolically represents Esau's people, Reds.

So it is a sickening idea with those who try to establish Esau as only 'less loved' by God when God said He literally "hated" Esau (Malachi 1). God obviously knew Esau's acts that he would do against both Him and God's chosen heritage, which is no less than what Satan himself also wants to do, i.e., wipe God's Israel off the face of this earth. Thus it is sickening that any Jew or... Christian, would ever try to enlist sympathy for Esau. To do so is practically asking sympathy for the devil.

You still can't disprove the OP

Psa 11:5 The LORD tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.

Pro 6:16 These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:

The first 4 are things like proud looks, tongue and hands and heart, but the last two are persons:

Pro 6:19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.

That doesn't sound like "loves less."

Psa 11:5 The LORD tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.

Pro 6:16 These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:

The first 4 are things like proud looks, tongue and hands and heart, but the last two are persons:

Pro 6:19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.

That doesn't sound like "loves less."

Deal with the OP

Deal with the OP
I thought I was dealing with the premise of the OP, and that is whenever is says God hates a person, like how His soul hates the one who loves violence, the OP would say, well here let me quote his last sentence and change a word:

The evidence as I have shown, is very clear, that when we read of God HATING (the man who loves violence), it is to be understood as LOVE LESS, or BLESS LESS, than (a person who doesn't love violence).

Back