Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ethics

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
W

WorknProgress

I am hoping to connect with Christians who are currently or have recently competed a secular college ethics course. I am going back to school to become a nurse and start ethics next semester and I am quite nervous about it.

As a Christian I base my ethical positions on the word of God and I am concerned about how that is going to fly in a secular school. Can a teacher flunk you because they don't agree with you views or how you came to them?

I can't relate to what a professor will do in a secular college but I can encourage you to read a few Christian Ethics book to be better prepared for defening your point of view. Typically, Christians follow a Deontological approach to life and our world is obviously more relative and Utilitarian. A few titles I can recommend would be Relativism by Francis J. Beckwith and Choosing the Good by Dennis P. Hollinger.

I think it would be hard for a professor to discredit your views if you are able to efficiently defend them as well. Those two books are books I had to read in my Christian Ethics class and they opened my eyes.

Back