Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ever Have Strange and Unexplainable Things Happen to You?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
One should be abLe see that the meter is turned off .the house always interested me,and In fact I took this because it's action started a history discussion while working I was training billy.there are alot of older homes (pre 1948) then this one on the Grenada route
The idiot poster decided to shortcut close to the house to grab a water read.nope it wasn't happy .not doing it again

This didn't happen to me personally but to a coworker that bought the house I was renting. About 20 years ago I was renting the walkout basement of a duplex. It was a relatively new country home. Soon after I left, one of my coworkers bought the home. One day he told me about these incidents.

His wife was in the basement vacuuming the carpet. He had walked into the room to talk to her about something so she turned off the vacuum. They were standing a few feet away from it in conversation when all of a sudden the vacuum cleaner turned on! It ran for a few seconds or couple minutes and then turned back off again. Freaking them both out.

On another day they were downstairs in that basement section watching television. There was an open stairway to the upper level. All the lights were shut off upstairs when suddenly they realized the stairway to the second level was illuminated. At first, my coworker thought maybe he forgot to shut that one off even though he was sure he did. The light was located at the top of the stairway so he went upstairs to turn it off. It was controlled by a pull-cord and when he went upstairs, the cord was swinging as if it had just pulled. Here's the catch. They had been downstairs for over half-hour. Out of curiosity, he grabbed the string and pulled it to one side and let it go to see how long it would take for it to stop swinging and it only took a couple minutes. Freaky stuff.

Every once in a while I asked him if they were still experiencing strange things and they hadn't. They had no explanation for either of these incidents.

Here are a couple that happened to me. Neither are explainable but freaky anyway.

One night I was in bed sleeping when I was awakened by a rush of wind across my face. I looked to see if a window was open and they were not. While looking toward the window which is back-lit by our yard-light, I saw a bat flutter across. That was freaky as bats in the house freak me out.

Another time I had been in bed sleeping when I was awakened by the sound of thunder in the distance. I decided to get up and close the windows in the house as we have double-hung so it can rain in easily.

I was laying there listening to the storm when I began to notice a different sound from the thunder. Instead of the lightning flash/thunder rhythm, it seemed that the thunder was just continuous.

Curious, I got up and looked out our bedroom window, which faces toward our yard-light. When I did, I noticed the dust, leaves, and other debris whirring across the lawn in a rather large arc and then lifting upward. The small trees were not whipping back and forth in the wind but rather just pushed to one side and held there.

Bear in mind that this was about 4:30 am and I was not fully awake when the first thought in my mind was, "Wow! What a big dust devil!" Then it hit me. I was looking at a vortex on our front lawn! I woke my wife and we each grabbed a kid and headed downstairs to our basement.

I've never heard wind such as that ever before or since. We huddled in the basement, listening to the storm with the wind and rain. It was very loud. Suddenly we heard a crash and saw water running down along the basement walls. My wife said, there goes the windows. We fully believed there was no longer a house above us.

Suddenly, the wind stopped and it got dead quiet. We waited for a couple minutes and the wind started all over again. I figured that was the eye of the twister going over us. When it was all over, we went upstairs and there were no broken windows but the kitchen floor was wet all over.

Earlier that day, we had a contractor strip the siding off our house in preparation for new siding and the crash we heard was their scaffolding. The storm blew the rain right through the house wrap and walls. There was an older willow tree, approximately 4' in diameter, about 50' north of our house that was twisted like a cork screw about half way up and laid down on its side. Other than that, no serious damage.

That was as close as I ever hope to get to a tornado ever again.

Btw guys, make sure that you save some of your spooky stories for my second annual spooktactular virtual Halloween party beginning on October first. :wink It's going to be a scream!! :shock

Back