Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Evolutionism denies the fall.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Let's see here, if scripture is God inspired and God does not make mistakes nor lie then what would that make the creation account?......Truth?

Sometimes I worry that if some creationists learn the truth, they will lose their faith in God, so strongly do they require Genesis to be literal history, rather than the parable it is.

But God is not neutral on this; He is truth, and faith in God should involve a commitment to the truth.

So what is the parable? What should we learn from Genesis as a parable, since you say that it is not literal history.
Explain the parable please.

So what is the parable? What should we learn from Genesis as a parable, since you say that it is not literal history.
Explain the parable please.

Which part of Genesis? The "yom" which can mean, among other things, "day" or "always", indicate the categories of creation by God. The poetic form of the verses makes that clear. As you might know, early Christian theologians tried to find ways to understand it as a literal history, and ultimately concluded that it could not be done.

The creation of man from the earth is consistent with God's choice to make living things naturally, but then He directly gives man a living soul.

And the rib for eve is a figurative description of a man and a woman becoming one flesh, as God says elsewhere.

Now, none of this is a condition for being a Christian. If you want it a different way, it's not going to put your soul in danger. But if you accept it His way, it couldn't hurt.

Think about it. And remember, even if you don't accept it the way others do, it's not going to send you to hell.

Which part of Genesis? The "yom" which can mean, among other things, "day" or "always", indicate the categories of creation by God. The poetic form of the verses makes that clear. As you might know, early Christian theologians tried to find ways to understand it as a literal history, and ultimately concluded that it could not be done.

The creation of man from the earth is consistent with God's choice to make living things naturally, but then He directly gives man a living soul.

And the rib for eve is a figurative description of a man and a woman becoming one flesh, as God says elsewhere.

Now, none of this is a condition for being a Christian. If you want it a different way, it's not going to put your soul in danger. But if you accept it His way, it couldn't hurt.

Think about it. And remember, even if you don't accept it the way others do, it's not going to send you to hell.

Ok now, for the sake of conversation, let's assume that you are correct in all that you've said here....
Now, what's the parable mean, explained.?

I accept it for what it says; it is other people here reinterpreting.........
Does God literally make men today or by his creative process make men.

Let's take the statement of God to jermahiah,Did God make him from nothing or simply foreknew how Jerahemiah would be born and set things up?

A problem if one isn't a calvinist for some

Does God literally make men today or by his creative process make men.

God made you the same way He made Adam. He literally makes men. Some people have trouble accepting the way He does it.

Let's take the statement of God to jermahiah,Did God make him from nothing or simply foreknew how Jerahemiah would be born and set things up?

By definition omnipotence includes omniscience. But the part of us that is made from nothing is our souls. As C.S. Lewis says, we are souls. We have bodies.

A problem if one isn't a calvinist for some

If you know how a person will behave in a certain situation, does that mean that person does not have a will of his own?

If you can do that without taking away that person's free will, why would anyone think that God can't do what you can do?

God made you the same way He made Adam. He literally makes men. Some people have trouble accepting the way He does it.

By definition omnipotence includes omniscience. But the part of us that is made from nothing is our souls. As C.S. Lewis says, we are souls. We have bodies.

If you know how a person will behave in a certain situation, does that mean that person does not have a will of his own?

If you can do that without taking away that person's free will, why would anyone think that God can't do what you can do?
Wasn't directed at yoi

So, God scooped up some dust and made me just like He made Adam? What about my wife? Was she made from dust or my rib?

Ok now, for the sake of conversation, let's assume that you are correct in all that you've said here....
Now, what's the parable mean, explained.?

I've learned asking that question will never get you anywhere. Every person has a different interpretation.

I can just see people standing before God in heaven and Him saying "I told you how I created Adam and Eve and yet you believed evolutionary theory because some guy told you what?"
Yeah, I am sure they will all have a good laugh over that one......

I can just see people standing before God in heaven and Him saying "I told you how I created Adam and Eve and yet you believed evolutionary theory because some guy told you what?"
Yeah, I am sure they will all have a good laugh over that one......
When all of mankind stands before Jesus, He will not judge them according to what they knew about scripture.
He will judge them according to what they did or did not do. (Mat 25:31-46; John 3:36; 5:28-29; 8:51)

When all of mankind stands before Jesus, He will not judge them according to what they knew about scripture.
He will judge them according to what they did or did not do. (Mat 25:31-46; John 3:36; 5:28-29; 8:51)
Thankfully,but also fearful.if you know more...

So, God scooped up some dust and made me just like He made Adam? What about my wife? Was she made from dust or my rib?

You're still trying to revise the parable into a literal history. It won't work, as Christians over a thousand years ago, noted. It's not evolution you're fighting here.

You continue to call it a parable but you are unable to say what the parable is or what it means?.......In case you don't know what a parable is:
A parable is a succinct, didactic story, in prose or verse, which illustrates one or more instructive lessons or principles. It differs from a fable in that fables employ animals, plants, inanimate objects, or forces of nature as characters, whereas parables have human characters.[1] A parable is a type of analogy.[2] wiki

So what instructive lesson or principle does the creation account illustrate?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back