Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

EX Occultist Turns Christian; The Beast 666; Important Questions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

dillanh

Hi,

So to make a long story straight, I've recently converted from Thelema.

Thelema is a religion founded by a man named Aleister Crowley.

He call's himself the beast 666, from the book of revelations.

I haven't worshiped him, but I have performed some of his rituals.

I've received no mark of the beast, although I've performed the ritual of the mark of the beast.

My concern is that I will have to drink of the cup of Gods wrath.

I've accepted Jesus as my savior, I believe in God, I'm repenting for all of my sins, and I'm living a life that keeps the commandments.

A friend of mine says: That if someone unknowingly worshiped the beast, and repented they will be saved.

Also a lot of the book of revelations makes it look like that those whom are punished and drink from the Cup of wrath refuse to repent.

I'm not sure what my punishment is going to be for being involved with Crowley. But I feel safe in God's hands.

But out of curiosity;

Can anyone here shed some light on my situation?

Welcome to CFnet! :clap

I did a little poking around the net to see your other work before approving your post, I found some pretty solid stuff from you in some places. You're really fightin' the Good fight out there! :clap

dillanh,
The wonderful things is this. Jesus loves us so much, no matter how stupid we are. Yes, we are a bunch of stupid lemmings. But here's the good news.......
Jesus doesn't care as long as we offer up our sorrow and repentance.
Do me and yourself a favor, I want you to repeat "Jesus, I know you love me. I am sure of it" say it until his Grace washes over you like a flood. Bud, you will be happy you did.

Hi,

So to make a long story straight, I've recently converted from Thelema.

Thelema is a religion founded by a man named Aleister Crowley.

He call's himself the beast 666, from the book of revelations.

I haven't worshiped him, but I have performed some of his rituals.

I've received no mark of the beast, although I've performed the ritual of the mark of the beast.

I've accepted Jesus as my savior, I believe in God, I'm repenting for all of my sins, and I'm living a life that keeps the commandments.

A friend of mine says: That if someone unknowingly worshiped the beast, and repented they will be saved.

Also a lot of the book of revelations makes it look like that those whom are punished and drink from the Cup of wrath refuse to repent.

I'm not sure what my punishment is going to be for being involved with Crowley. But I feel safe in God's hands.

But out of curiosity;

Can anyone here shed some light on my situation?

Welcome to the forums. I come from a somewhat similar background (Wicca) however I'm deeply familiar with many types of magiks, moreso than I'm necessarily proud of.

Bottom line is, God forgives. The ultimate price has already been paid in terms of Christ's death on the cross, and this has redeemed us from our sins. Although we are definitely called to avoid sin and repent our transgressions, we're saved through the blood of Christ. It's a good feeling, although one that we need to share with anyone we can!

As for Crowley, my take on him is that he was a "useful idiot" that Satan played for his own purposes. Crowley wasn't the beast, although he sought him deeply and let many astray. But most of his rituals were a mixture of all sorts of nonsense he cobbled together; much of it theatrical.

My best advice is to look at that chapter of your life as a past that you've left behind, and focus on the promises and plans God has for your future.

Best wishes

Hi,

You never ever have to again be concerned about "God's wrath",..... as Jesus has taken this for you on the Cross.
This is the amazing love of God given to you for free.

Dillanh, God has accepted you, and has called you his Son if you have taken his Son to be your savior.
If you have sincerely done this,.... then you are now God's Son forever, and this will never change.
You are his, and he is yours, and this is an eternal bond of unconditional love and complete forgiveness.

God saves everyone and anyone who will take his Son as their Savior.
Good news....
Thats YOU. !!

May i offer you some brotherly advice?
Stop reading the Book of The Revelaion, and instead read the Gospel of John a lot for the next month.
Are you going to a church?
Do u have access to cable?
If so, i would point you to "Dr Charles Stanley" and "Dr David Jeremiah".
You can find both of them on Christian Television a lot.
You can find them online and they will send you some free information about your new life in Christ.

http://www.intouch.org/
http://www.davidjeremiah.org/site/

You can also find both of them on Youtube.

I would be happy to correspond with you and help you to discover the Love of God and lead you through the New Testament so that you can see for yourself what God has written for you which details his great love for you and also explains what you have now become, which is a Son of God.
I think my email is posted on my member's data page here.
If not, and if you want to talk, then pm me anytime about anything you want to discuss.

There will be no punishment for you.
Jesus took your punishment on the Cross.....He took the punishment for all of us.
He died for us, and that is our punishment being given to him.
You can consider your past as forgiven.
That is how God sees it..
He only sees you as his Son and he's really happy that you came to him by faith in his Son.

be blessed,

K

Last edited by a moderator:
When you are washed in the blood of Christ you are made new again in His Spirit as when God forgives our past sin He also remembers it no more. There is no wrath of God for those who are in Christ.

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Colossians 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Colossians 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Colossians 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Colossians 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Colossians 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Colossians 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

i read up on satanism and wicca as a teen during my spiritual awakening, all my friends were into it and i was quite into satanism as a philosophy. now i realize that saying you worship evil gods to be edgy is not very spiritual. (and wicca is a joke.)

WOW. Thank you very much for all the replies. I just logged in and saw them today.

Well this is all very reassuring, and thank you for being so welcoming.

I think that solves my questions.

As for your questions:

I've just finished reading the new testament a few days ago.
I have found a Church in Toronto, where I'm from, but I'm still exploring to find the right one.

Thanks again. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back