Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Explaining why many people are stuck on OSAS

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Please take note of this warning.....

2.4: No Trolling. Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

Not necessarily directed at the last poster.

I WAS like everyone else ... very happy and content to accept God's free gift of grace-faith!
Why wouldn't I be?

But...

Well, by God's grace I'll stick with salvation by grace, through faith, not of works (Ephesians 2.8-9)

Farouk I couldn't agree with you more, salvation is attained through faith and not of my works. But I suspect I have a much different definition of 'faith' than you do. You see the Hebrew word for faith is from the Hebrew root aman ad is the word emunah which means, something or someone that is firm in their actions. However when 'emunah' is translated as faith a misconception of its meaning occurs. For a christian it is usually perceived as knowing something, but in Hebrew emunah is a firm action. Therefore to have faith in God is not knowing that God exists or knowing that he will act, rather it is that the one with emunah will act with firmness toward God's will.

God's will may be found in His Torah.

However when it comes to works let these words be of help when you abide in His will. Be not like hirelings who work for their master for the sake of receiving recompense; but be like a servant who ministers to their master without any thought of reward. And may the fear of Yehovah be upon you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Farouk is right, ignor. :)

Keep in mind that anger and hate is a party we are always invited to. We can avoid it by simply not accepting the invitations. Speak the truth in "Grace", pray for Gods guidance, and walk away.

You know the little rhyme:

"He who learns to walk away
Lives to fight another day."

:)

19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19

Here in this scripture, James teaches us that a Brother, who wanders from the truth, is likened to a sinner.
James also teaches that the soul who wanders from the truth, is headed for death.

How does once saved always saved, fit into this teaching?

Answer: It doesn't.

JLB

19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19

Let's examine this scripture from the flip side, and see what it would mean to turn some brethren away from the truth, so that they become sinners.

Brethren, if anyone among you, teaches a doctrine that turns a brother away from the truth, and no one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a brethren from the truth, causes that brother to become a sinner, and delivers that soul to death.

Think about that.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back