Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Faith alone?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We see Peter said (Preaching in Solomon's Portico)

Acts 3:19
19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

So repent to be converted.
What is this repentance?
What is being converted.

Let's first look at repentance.
Repentance basically means a change of mind.

Jesus said that he must go back to the Father so the Holy Spirit must come to convict the world of its sin.

This is the sin.

John 16:8-9
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

Now when one has been convicted/convinced of the sin of unbelief in Jesus and as Paul says

Romans 10:8-13
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

So what we see is the that repentance is change our mind concerning Jesus, believe he was crucified, died and rose again and we are saved.

Converted. Then as Peter says do this then your sins will be blotted out. No mention of baptism for sins to be remissed.

Now don't get me wrong.
I'm not saying that this is the end of the story.

As genuine believers we should not think this is the end but it's the begining.

The start of journey where we just want to be like Jesus.

Yet in Acts 3:19 there is no mention of baptism to be saved or the remission of sins.

It's Jesus that saves.

We see Peter said (Preaching in Solomon's Portico)

Acts 3:19
19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

So repent to be converted.
What is this repentance?
What is being converted.

Let's first look at repentance.
Repentance basically means a change of mind.

Jesus said that he must go back to the Father so the Holy Spirit must come to convict the world of its sin.

This is the sin.

John 16:8-9
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

Now when one has been convicted/convinced of the sin of unbelief in Jesus and as Paul says

Romans 10:8-13
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

So what we see is the that repentance is change our mind concerning Jesus, believe he was crucified, died and rose again and we are saved.

Converted. Then as Peter says do this then your sins will be blotted out. No mention of baptism for sins to be remissed.

Now don't get me wrong.
I'm not saying that this is the end of the story.

As genuine believers we should not think this is the end but it's the begining.

The start of journey where we just want to be like Jesus.

Yet in Acts 3:19 there is no mention of baptism to be saved or the remission of sins.

It's Jesus that saves.
How have you missed Acts 2:38?
It is written..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins,
and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Without my "works", I am undistinguishable from the heathens.
No idea what this means.

But the actions taken by real believers manifests one is on the right path
If you are saying WORKS is evidence of salvation, I agree.

Without those manifestations of belief-faith, there is no salvation in one's future.
In general I agree. There is the possibility of a death bed confession; admittedly a low probability. Also, the dude on the cross next to Christ was saved and I doubt he had 'manifestations of faith' (works). Admittedly, an exception to the general rule.

"Caused" salvation is another moot point, as we have no control over what God does or doesn't do.
Hardly a moot point given the context of the discussion in which you said FAITH is a WORK and thus we are saved by WORKS... I counter that FAITH is NOT a WORK if the cause is not oneself.

Anyways, the discussion has gone off on many tangents and has little relevance to the initial debate.

I don't think I have ever said I will "earn" anything.
You don't brag about your salvation, but you take credit for it. Taking credit and earning are the same thing. You saved yourself by your faith and your works = EARNED IT. God must be proud of you. Well done.

The "work" I do is a manifestation of Christ in me.
This statement does not answer the question: Is the works and faith caused by you. All your answer indicate you take credit for your work and faith which results in your salvation. God must be proud of you. Well done.

Will those disobedient to God inherit eternal life?
No.
The statement lacks enough information to comment upon. Paul, for instance, was disobedient to God and has eternal life whereas an atheist is disobedient and does not have eternal life. We all are disobedient except you who claim you no longer sin as I recall. 1 John 1:8

You must have missed my explanation.
I didn't miss your explanation. I asked for another source to validate that this explanation wasn't only known to you as I've never heard of it. 2 Peter 1:20

Did your author ever mention if he was free from sin or not?
I can't accept anything from a servant of sin.
LOL, you're the only person I know that does not sin. I suppose you only listen to yourself.

I, nor does scripture say it takes faith + works to be saved. What it is saying that faith without works is dead faith. The works we do are the continued works of the Lord and not of our own self.
Agreed. Your initial post on the subject confused me. You listed 10ish verses from James and then ended with the statement "enough said". I had no idea what point you were trying to make. Most people who speak on the subject of FAITH ALONE and quote James do not believe one must do WORKS as part of salvation. I believe JLB is a proponent of this logic (not that I want to discuss it with him, but you have read his posts).

A good analogy would be, if someone bought you a car as a free gift to you, you have a free car no strings attached. But if you never drive that car and it turns into a bucket of rust then what good was that gift as it faded away and died.
Well, the analogy assumes one can lost ones faith ... but point taken.
Aside: I don't want to change the subject to 'perseverance of the saints' :)

No idea what this means.
It means, that by my works Christ is manifested in me.
By the lack of works, Christ is not manifested in the unbelievers.
If you are saying WORKS is evidence of salvation, I agree.
Good. Though I would use the word "conversion" instead of "salvation".
Salvation won't be realized until the final judgement.
In general I agree. There is the possibility of a death bed confession; admittedly a low probability. Also, the dude on the cross next to Christ was saved and I doubt he had 'manifestations of faith' (works). Admittedly, an exception to the general rule.
His manifestation of faith, (his works), were his confession, death for his sins, burial, and resurrection with Christ.
Hardly a moot point given the context of the discussion in which you said FAITH is a WORK and thus we are saved by WORKS... I counter that FAITH is NOT a WORK if the cause is not oneself.
HAVING faith is an act, a work.
Anyways, the discussion has gone off on many tangents and has little relevance to the initial debate.
Maybe.
But faith is never alone, as it provokes myriad works.
And salvation by faith alone must incorporate faith in repentance from sin, faith in water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins...along with faith in the death of the flesh/old man with his vile affections and lusts, and faith we can endure till the end.
And, faith in all that is written by men inspired by God.

It means, that by my works Christ is manifested in me.
By the lack of works, Christ is not manifested in the unbelievers.
Agreed. Not sure what this has to do with the subject where you assert you are saved by your works.

His manifestation of faith, (his works)
Well, usually when one refers to WORKS in regards to salvation they exclude FAITH.
If you are saying we are saved by ONLY ONE WORK, and that is FAITH ... I would agree. But I doubt that is your belief.

HAVING faith is an act, a work.
Agreed. But whose work is it? That is the point I was trying to make. Yes, faith is a work.

But faith is never alone, as it provokes myriad works.
To this we are agreed.

And salvation by faith alone must incorporate faith in repentance from sin, faith in water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins...along with faith in the death of the flesh/old man with his vile affections and lusts, and faith we can endure till the end.
And, faith in all that is written by men inspired by God.
Aside: There was a thread on here about the content of faith. There was nothing near consensus. I don't want to go on that tangent. :)

You don't brag about your salvation, but you take credit for it. Taking credit and earning are the same thing. You saved yourself by your faith and your works = EARNED IT. God must be proud of you. Well done.
You can't earn a gift.
I didn't save myself by my turn from sin or baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins.
I will be saved by my faith that all those things will result in my name being written in the book of life at my final judgement.
This statement does not answer the question: Is the works and faith caused by you. All your answer indicate you take credit for your work and faith which results in your salvation. God must be proud of you. Well done.
Who else is going to do the work?
God won't repent of my past sins or wash away my sins in Jesus' blood if I don't apply that sanctifying blood to my body.
He isn't the One who needs to endure faithfully till my end.
I have to do it...and so do you.
The statement lacks enough information to comment upon. Paul, for instance, was disobedient to God and has eternal life whereas an atheist is disobedient and does not have eternal life. We all are disobedient except you who claim you no longer sin as I recall. 1 John 1:8
How can an atheist be disobedient?
He doesn't believe the commandments of our Lord to begin with.
But the "believers" who manifest disobedience?
They are still unbelievers.
The prior verse (v7) says they who walk in the light have had all their sins washed away by the blood of Christ.
But we have to do the "walking".
You cited a verse that applies to those who walk in darkness.
I didn't miss your explanation. I asked for another source to validate that this explanation wasn't only known to you as I've never heard of it. 2 Peter 1:20
If you won't believe me, how are you going to believe anyone else?
LOL, you're the only person I know that does not sin. I suppose you only listen to yourself.
I listened to those who taught me about faith, and about how to endure, obediently, until the final day of my life.

As I noted earlier, it is the "faith alone" folks who have chosen a doctrine that still allows sin in their lives.
Jesus said who ever commits sin is a servant of sin. (John 8:32-234)
Jesus said no man can serve two masters, and that they will love one but hate the other. (Matt 6:24)
Sinners hate God.

Who do you want to serve?

Agreed. Not sure what this has to do with the subject where you assert you are saved by your works.
My "works" manifest my belief.
Those without works manifest their unbelief.
Well, usually when one refers to WORKS in regards to salvation they exclude FAITH.
If you are saying we are saved by ONLY ONE WORK, and that is FAITH ... I would agree. But I doubt that is your belief.
We can't believe one aspect of God's grace without believing all of them.
Folks say "I believe", thinking they are saved.
But they don't believe baptism in the name of Jesus Christ washes away their past sins.
They don't believe they can endure faithfully until the end.
They don't believe anything else prescribed for them to do.
Are they really believers?
Agreed. But whose work is it? That is the point I was trying to make. Yes, faith is a work.
It is the "work" of the one with faith.
Aside: There was a thread on here about the content of faith. There was nothing near consensus. I don't want to go on that tangent. :)
Having real faith will result in belief that all that the Lord and His disciples told us to do is necessary...for salvation.

Are liars going to heaven?

How have you missed Acts 2:38?
It is written..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins,
and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Have you missed that it's not written in Acts 3:19?

Have you missed that it's not written in Acts 3:19?
Not at all.
But the circumstances in Acts 3 didn't lend themselves to baptizing a few folks on the temple grounds where Peter spoke.
There was no point commanding them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins before they had repented of sin.

Not at all.
But the circumstances in Acts 3 didn't lend themselves to baptizing a few folks on the temple grounds where Peter spoke.
There was no point commanding them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins before they had repented of sin.
So why are the verses on Acts 2 and 3 different?
No consistency that I can see.

Acts 3:19 clearly state repent, be converted that your sins will be blotted out.

Is blotting out different from remission?

Can I ask you please to address the full post I made that you responded to with "Have you missed what was said in Acts 2:38.

Post 61.

Ta

So why are the verses on Acts 2 and 3 different?
No consistency that I can see.

Acts 3:19 clearly state repent, be converted that your sins will be blotted out.

Is blotting out different from remission?

Can I ask you please to address the full post I made that you responded to with "Have you missed what was said in Acts 2:38.

Post 61.

Ta
Thanks for wanting to pursue this.
The "blotting" of Acts 3 is by immersion in water, in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins.
Why Peter didn't just say this is probably due to the situation at hand.
In Acts 3, Peter was at the temple, but in Acts 2 he was at a "house".
In Acts 3, Peter went to the people, while in Acts 2, the people came to him.
You are using the discrepancy between events to rule out one event over the other.
Why not "rule out" Acts 3 instead of Acts 2?
Or, just be secure in the knowledge that every aspect of Acts 2 doesn't need to be repeated, verbatim, every time Peter presented the gospel to folks so isn't an indicator that is unnecessary.

Thanks for wanting to pursue this.
The "blotting" of Acts 3 is by immersion in water, in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins.
Why Peter didn't just say this is probably due to the situation at hand.
In Acts 3, Peter was at the temple, but in Acts 2 he was at a "house".
In Acts 3, Peter went to the people, while in Acts 2, the people came to him.
You are using the discrepancy between events to rule out one event over the other.
Why not "rule out" Acts 3 instead of Acts 2?
Or, just be secure in the knowledge that every aspect of Acts 2 doesn't need to be repeated, verbatim, every time Peter presented the gospel to folks so isn't an indicator that is unnecessary.
Thank you for responding.

To be honest I don't think you have fully responded to my original post.

I do have to ask the question that if Peter does not quote the words in Acts 2 in Acts 3 then why?

If Acts 2 is vital then why not said in Acts 3?

Are the recipients different?

At the temple or at the house should not make a difference?

One has to ask the question "Did Peter present the gospel?

Did not Paul be set aside to present the gospel?

Who was Peter talking to in Acts 2?

I think you have added to Acts 3 to confirm Acts 2.
So Acts 3 is immersion by water. It doesn't say that and every commentary I have looked at does not endorse that.

James is here showing the necessary fruits of repentance that those who are genuinely converted to Christ will show. This is not us trying to do the works in our own strength, but trusting in Christ and submitting to the leading of the Holy Spirit so that Christ can do the work in us to produce those fruit. Therefore a failure to show the good works that come from faith is more of a lack of obedience to Christ in the way He wants to lead us, than any lack of effort on our part to show God that we are good moral and religious people.
Great post! So many people use James' epistle as a "spiritual club" to coerce people into doing works by compulsion rather than from the heart. The Holy Spirit that God gave us is the appropriate motivation, not coercion or guilt.

You can't earn a gift.
Agreed. Similarly, grace is not grace if you have to earn it.

I will be saved by my faith
You said your faith and said faith is a work. Therefore, you EARNED your salvation if YOUR FAITH was caused by you. You also said one must do works as a condition of salvation (as opposed to a effect of salvation) and therefore you EARNED your salvation. Congrats. God is proud of you and what you have done.

Re:

Who else is going to do the work?
I explained this. There is two schools of thought.
1) God caused you to believe (have faith) (monergism)
2) You, caused yourself to have faith (synergism)
Your answers indicate you believe number 2. So, you EARNED your salvation.
#1 by way of analogy would be like a man using a hammer to drive a nail into the wood. Who is doing the work ... well the man of course, though the hammer which is completely controlled by the man does the contact with the nail. So, with #1, God is the man and you are the hammer and God causes the man to have faith. Faith is the effect, God the cause and the result is faith and works. Maybe the difference is to difficult to grasp.

He isn't the One who needs to endure faithfully till my end.
Agreed. God is the one the causes you to endure faithfully till your end IMO. John 6:39

I have to do it...and so do you.
Agreed. Though, in my opinion God is the cause and in your opinion you are the cause.

How can an atheist be disobedient?
He doesn't believe the commandments of our Lord to begin with.
One doesn't need to believe the command of God to true in order to disobey them... that's simple logic.

But the "believers" who manifest disobedience?
They are still unbelievers.
You are the only person I've met that believes Christians don't sin. (Aside: I wonder if there is a denomination that has this doctrine in their statement of faith)
The apostle Paul was disobedient. I suppose you think he is in Hell. He talks of coming up short.

The prior verse (v7) says they who walk in the light have had all their sins washed away by the blood of Christ.
But we have to do the "walking".
There's a difference from walking in the light and being the light. You have a URL explaining that Christians never sin this side of death?
(aside: Man stubs his toe causing him to use God's name in vain. Then he shouts out, "Crap, I just sinned. I am going to hell".)

If you won't believe me, how are you going to believe anyone else?
I probably won't. But you would get credibility points for suggesting doctrine that you are the only one so proposing on the planet.

As I noted earlier, it is the "faith alone" folks who have chosen a doctrine that still allows sin in their lives.
The statement holds true for those that don't believe in FAITH ALONE.
I've explained this before. Those who believe in FAITH ALONE also should believe that faith will always cause one to have works. THe FAITH ALONE people don't believe the works saved them; rather, only faith. Both sides are in agreement about WORKS except for the idea the WORKS are salvific.
I guess it is to subtle to take in.

Jesus said who ever commits sin is a servant of sin. (John 8:32-234)
Jesus said no man can serve two masters, and that they will love one but hate the other. (Matt 6:24)
Sinners hate God.
Everyone sin (except you in your mind ... 1 John 1:8).
So you have
Premise 1: who ever commits sin is a servant of sin.
Premise 2: Everyone sins (1 John 1:8)
Premise 3: Sinners hate God (matt 6:24)
Conclusion: Everyone is going to hell if the 3 premises are true.

My "works" manifest my belief.
Those without works manifest their unbelief.
Agreed. But this is outside the topic.
The topic is FAITH ALONE ... which means we are saved by FAITH and nothing else. Your statement is true whether or not FAITH ALONE is true.

We can't believe one aspect of God's grace without believing all of them.
Folks say "I believe", thinking they are saved.
But they don't believe baptism in the name of Jesus Christ washes away their past sins.
They don't believe they can endure faithfully until the end.
They don't believe anything else prescribed for them to do.
Are they really believers?
Hopefully, a perfect understanding of all doctrines is not needed for salvation. If so, 99.9% of Christians are going to hell. I say misunderstanding some doctrines does not invalidate salvation.

Having real faith will result in belief that all that the Lord and His disciples told us to do is necessary...for salvation.
That's WORKS salvation. You are earning your salvation. God is awfully proud of you.

Are liars going to heaven?
Yes, some liars on earth are in heaven. Peter lied (denied Christ) several times. Christ said He would save (not lose) his 12 disciples (except Judas Iscariot). Therefore, some liars are in heaven.

Thank you for responding.

To be honest I don't think you have fully responded to my original post.
I do have to ask the question that if Peter does not quote the words in Acts 2 in Acts 3 then why?
I have no idea.
If Acts 2 is vital then why not said in Acts 3?
Who really knows if it wasn't, but not written down.
Are the recipients different?
Yes, as the Jews(?) of Acts 2 had witnessed the speaking in tongues and tongues of fire over the disciples.
Those of Acts 3 had just been accused of murdering the Lord.
At the temple or at the house should not make a difference?
I would certainly think so, as those at the house wanted to know "what shall we do?" but those at the temple had just been accused of murdering the Messiah.
One has to ask the question "Did Peter present the gospel?
Yes, in Acts 3:13-15.
Did not Paul be set aside to present the gospel?
Want to reword that, please?
Who was Peter talking to in Acts 2?
Visiting Jews from every(?) nation.
I think you have added to Acts 3 to confirm Acts 2.
What did I add?
So Acts 3 is immersion by water. It doesn't say that and every commentary I have looked at does not endorse that.
No it doesn't, and that is why you are asking if "blotting" is the same as "remission".
It is the same.

You said your faith and said faith is a work. Therefore, you EARNED your salvation if YOUR FAITH was caused by you.
If you say so.
I thank God for giving me the opportunity to make that choice.
Uh, oh...making a choice is another work to you!
You also said one must do works as a condition of salvation (as opposed to a effect of salvation) and therefore you EARNED your salvation. Congrats. God is proud of you and what you have done.
That is one way to say...if I don't do the work I won't be saved.
If I don't tell the truth instead of lying, I will not be saved.
Telling the truth is work, to you.
It is a work that I rejoice to do.
Re:
I explained this. There is two schools of thought.
1) God caused you to believe (have faith) (monergism)
2) You, caused yourself to have faith (synergism)
Your answers indicate you believe number 2. So, you EARNED your salvation.
Nobody but me will be judged for my actions on the last day, but me.
If that is works salvation to you, and you are reticent to do the work, you will be lost...of your own volition.

Your doctrine outlaws obedience to the commands of God.
It implies that obedience to God's commandments are the detested works, whereby you will lose your salvation.
That is devilishment to the 'nth degree.
#1 by way of analogy would be like a man using a hammer to drive a nail into the wood. Who is doing the work ... well the man of course, though the hammer which is completely controlled by the man does the contact with the nail. So, with #1, God is the man and you are the hammer and God causes the man to have faith. Faith is the effect, God the cause and the result is faith and works. Maybe the difference is to difficult to grasp.
Your hammer doesn't have the choice of hammering or not.
God doesn't cause me to have faith.
If that was the way it worked, He wouldn't be able to fairly judge all mankind on the last day.
One doesn't need to believe the command of God to true in order to disobey them... that's simple logic.
That makes no sense.
You are the only person I've met that believes Christians don't sin. (Aside: I wonder if there is a denomination that has this doctrine in their statement of faith)
The apostle Paul was disobedient. I suppose you think he is in Hell. He talks of coming up short.
Don't you believe 1 John 3:9?
"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
Just as apple seeds can't bear onions, neither can God's seed bear devilish fruit.
There's a difference from walking in the light and being the light. You have a URL explaining that Christians never sin this side of death?
(aside: Man stubs his toe causing him to use God's name in vain. Then he shouts out, "Crap, I just sinned. I am going to hell".)
Don't kid yourself.
You are either in the light or you are in the darkness.
I probably won't. But you would get credibility points for suggesting doctrine that you are the only one so proposing on the planet.
I'm not the only one.
The statement holds true for those that don't believe in FAITH ALONE.
I've explained this before. Those who believe in FAITH ALONE also should believe that faith will always cause one to have works. THe FAITH ALONE people don't believe the works saved them; rather, only faith. Both sides are in agreement about WORKS except for the idea the WORKS are salvific.
I guess it is to subtle to take in.
"Faith alone" is a moot point.
Faith without proof is dead faith.
Everyone sin (except you in your mind ... 1 John 1:8).
So you have
Premise 1: who ever commits sin is a servant of sin.
Yes, as Jesus said that in John 8:34
Premise 2: Everyone sins (1 John 1:8)
Only those walking in darkness.
Premise 3: Sinners hate God (matt 6:24)
Agreement with Jesus.
Conclusion: Everyone is going to hell if the 3 premises are true.
You forgot about those who walk in the light.
They have had all their sins washed away by the blood of Christ.
I thank God for the ability to make the choice to always walk in the light.
That is to more "actions", to you.

Agreed. But this is outside the topic.
The topic is FAITH ALONE ... which means we are saved by FAITH and nothing else. Your statement is true whether or not FAITH ALONE is true.
Then it isn't "faith alone".
It is faith with its accompanying works.
Faith without works/obedience is dead.
Hopefully, a perfect understanding of all doctrines is not needed for salvation. If so, 99.9% of Christians are going to hell. I say misunderstanding some doctrines does not invalidate salvation.
As reborn Christians have the Comforter, and the mind of Christ, they will never be fooled by unGodly doctrines of men.
That's WORKS salvation. You are earning your salvation. God is awfully proud of you.
If obedience to God is against your religion, it isn't the same religion I hold dear.
Yes, some liars on earth are in heaven. Peter lied (denied Christ) several times.
Peter lied before his conversion and reception of the Holy Ghost.
Not after.
Christ said He would save (not lose) his 12 disciples (except Judas Iscariot). Therefore, some liars are in heaven.
Thankfully, for Peter's sake, he did repent of his sin before it was too late.
Then he received the gift of the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost.

Back